fasciablaster?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
gips

fasciablaster?

Post by gips »

Hi,

I have a fairly serious pickleball injury, diagnosis after xrays and visting with a sports medicine doctor is strained calf muscle and achilles. Doctor's recovery time ranges from 2 to 12 weeks with an estimate of six weeks, physical therapist thinks 12-24 weeks. I've been diligiently performing rehab excercises and making good progress but not close to full recovery.

Speaking with a fellow pickleballer, she swears by a device called a fasciablaster and has used it to cut recovery time for many injuries. Other than amazon reviews, can't find much much about the device, was wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

best,

ps there's no way I'd use it without getting approval from dr.
whodidntante

Re: fasciablaster?

Post by whodidntante »

It looks like an expensive piece of crap to me. You could ask the physical therapist, though. I know they tortured me with a gruesome-looking tool after a rogue wave tried to kill me.
Topic Author
gips

Post by gips »

whodidntante wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:01 pm It looks like an expensive piece of crap to me. You could ask the physical therapist, though. I know they tortured me with a gruesome-looking tool after a rogue wave tried to kill me.
the phycical therapist did something called cupping, reminded me of the use of leeches. after some light research, seems like cupping might be a waste of time. the therapist was recommended by the hospital of special surgery, one of the best orthopedic hospitals in the country so I guess I'll see how it goes.
Last edited by gips on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mhalley

Post by mhalley »

No medical advice allowed here. It looks like snake oil to me.
Ps if a pt cupped me, I would get a new one.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread has run its course and is locked (medical advice). See: Medical Issues
Questions on medical issues are beyond the scope of the forum. If you are looking for medical information online, I suggest you start with the Medical Library Association's User's Guide to Finding and Evaluating Health Information on the Web which, in addition to providing guidance on evaluating health information, includes a list of their top recommended sites.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.