Generic Stick Vacuum Filters

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DTalos

Generic Stick Vacuum Filters

Post by DTalos »

I have learned that stick type vacuum cleaners are inexpensive, but for some reason the filters don't last that long before they develop wear and tear, and that's the genuine brand name filter. Have any of you used generic brand vacuum filters with success as far as fit and performance equivalency to the brand name replacement filter?
Beensabu

Re: Generic Stick Vacuum Filters

Post by Beensabu »

DTalos wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:17 pm I have learned that stick type vacuum cleaners are inexpensive, but for some reason the filters don't last that long before they develop wear and tear, and that's the genuine brand name filter. Have any of you used generic brand vacuum filters with success as far as fit and performance equivalency to the brand name replacement filter?
By "wear and tear" do you mean actually falling apart? Or do you mean "dirty"? Because I just clean mine by running water through it until it runs clear and then letting it dry, and it has not yet fallen apart over the course of several years. But maybe that's because I don't clean it that often. Or vacuum that often...
"The only thing that makes life possible is permanent, intolerable uncertainty; not knowing what comes next." ~Ursula LeGuin