How to get a Signature Guarantee for TreasuryDirect authorization form

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
ScubaHogg

Re: How to get a Signature Guarantee for TreasuryDirect authorization form

Post by ScubaHogg »

Well this is out of date now, but I wanted to give a full account of verifymysignature.com. I have successfully used them to get a medallion signature to get a TD account unfrozen.

Here are the basic steps:

- go to verifymysignature.com and click on "tell us what you need"
- It's unclear, but effectively you'll get connected to a person via email and you two will schedule a web/zoom meeting
- Have the forms needed printed off but don't sign them
- during the meeting you will show the unsigned form to the person, then sign it.
- you mail/fedex the form to the person
- the system will generate an invoice for you to pay. For a TD account it was $149 plus the return shipping of ~$15
- the person will sign the form and mail it back to you
- then you mail the original to the address on the form

After the treasury department received the form it took about 2 weeks for them to unlock my account

Again, basically this info is out of date with regards Treasury Direct. But if someone needs a Medallion sig for other reasons this is a viable option
Pierre-Simon Laplace’s original phrase for expected value was “mathematical hope.”
beyou

Re: How to get a Signature Guarantee for TreasuryDirect authorization form

Post by beyou »

ScubaHogg wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:40 am Well this is out of date now, but I wanted to give a full account of verifymysignature.com. I have successfully used them to get a medallion signature to get a TD account unfrozen.

Here are the basic steps:

- go to verifymysignature.com and click on "tell us what you need"
- It's unclear, but effectively you'll get connected to a person via email and you two will schedule a web/zoom meeting
- Have the forms needed printed off but don't sign them
- during the meeting you will show the unsigned form to the person, then sign it.
- you mail/fedex the form to the person
- the system will generate an invoice for you to pay. For a TD account it was $149 plus the return shipping of ~$15
- the person will sign the form and mail it back to you
- then you mail the original to the address on the form

After the treasury department received the form it took about 2 weeks for them to unlock my account

Again, basically this info is out of date with regards Treasury Direct. But if someone needs a Medallion sig for other reasons this is a viable option
Ridiculous one should have to pay that much to access their account, or add a bank, and then 2 weeks to boot !
Just terrible.