My LenderFi refinance is going well

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
il0kin

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by il0kin »

il0kin wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:47 pm I locked on a $230k cash-out refi for a 15 year at 2.375% today. Will reply after the process is done to confirm good/fine/okay/bad experience, but hoping for a good experience!
We closed today. 8 days from lock to close. Excellent experience, completely smooth and professional with rapid follow-up emails. Our situation is very simple and straightforward but still, remarkable to close that fast.
intendi

Post by intendi »

Rapid close here too. Very happy with the low hassle process. They did add about $500 of closing costs on the day of signing that I didn't catch (was supposed to be a no closing cost guarantee after 6 months deal). I was in a hurry signing before I had to get the kids somewhere. That's on me but obviously advise folks to double check everything!
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

Bumping this.

I was one of those folks that refi'ed with Lenderfi in early 2021, where they kept the servicing rights and sold my loan directly to Fannie, rather than acting as a correspondent lender for someone like Wells or PennyMac. I received a notice of servicing transfer on Saturday. They're selling servicing rights to Network Capital Funding. They both seem to use TMS's "servicingdivsion" portal so I expect there to be little change as a result of this, other than updating my bill payer info with the new loan number.

I am curious though whether LenderFi is closing up shop, or perhaps they are scaling operations down given market conditions. I noticed their website now lacks a rate sheet/loan application, and aside from calling them, there's no way to get a quote or a good faith estimate. That's a curious decision in this climate if they intend to keep writing loans.
dropdx

Post by dropdx »

sullim4 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:05 pm Bumping this.

I was one of those folks that refi'ed with Lenderfi in early 2021, where they kept the servicing rights and sold my loan directly to Fannie, rather than acting as a correspondent lender for someone like Wells or PennyMac. I received a notice of servicing transfer on Saturday. They're selling servicing rights to Network Capital Funding. They both seem to use TMS's "servicingdivsion" portal so I expect there to be little change as a result of this, other than updating my bill payer info with the new loan number.

I am curious though whether LenderFi is closing up shop, or perhaps they are scaling operations down given market conditions. I noticed their website now lacks a rate sheet/loan application, and aside from calling them, there's no way to get a quote or a good faith estimate. That's a curious decision in this climate if they intend to keep writing loans.
They probably all made bank and retired lol those guys knew how to hustle... I refinanced like 4-5 times with them, all zero cost. My final rate was a 30 year at 2.75%.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

dropdx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:26 pm They probably all made bank and retired lol those guys knew how to hustle... I refinanced like 4-5 times with them, all zero cost. My final rate was a 30 year at 2.75%.
Oh, without a doubt. Look who was at #16 and #17 on 2021's list of originators by dollar volume: https://www.scotsmanguide.com/rankings/ ... lar-volume

Nearly no purchase loans. I can't imagine business is bustling for refis at the moment... I thought they might use the servicing business as a stream of steady income, but I guess not.
dropdx

Post by dropdx »

sullim4 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:34 pm
dropdx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:26 pm They probably all made bank and retired lol those guys knew how to hustle... I refinanced like 4-5 times with them, all zero cost. My final rate was a 30 year at 2.75%.
Oh, without a doubt. Look who was at #16 and #17 on 2021's list of originators by dollar volume: https://www.scotsmanguide.com/rankings/ ... lar-volume

Nearly no purchase loans. I can't imagine business is bustling for refis at the moment... I thought they might use the servicing business as a stream of steady income, but I guess not.
Wow! My guy was Michael, #23 on that list. I wonder what percentage of that total volume they would have made? Those are crazy numbers... :shock:
bluebolt

Post by bluebolt »

My loan servicing was transferred to TMS also - got notified last week.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

dropdx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:26 pm

They probably all made bank and retired lol those guys knew how to hustle... I refinanced like 4-5 times with them, all zero cost. My final rate was a 30 year at 2.75%.
Nice, I ended up with the same term/rate with my LenderFi refi in 2020. Who did you end up with for your servicer? They sold my loan to Fannie Mae and transferred my servicing to Wells Fargo.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

I worked with 16 on one of my refis, but they just weren’t competitive enough for my numbers. #17 is an a-hole who literally told me my loan isn’t worth his time and never responded to another message - and of course LenderFi wouldn’t reassign me.

#20 was one of my go-tos at Better. He and I did 2 refis and he was good to work with. But # 69 was the best. He did 4 of my refis and was phenomenal to work with. I ended up requesting his every time because of it. On top of things, quick to respond, but most importantly, he would actually work over email and get right to the point vs. wanting to treat me like an uneducated person. I wrote a glowing review of him for their internal metrics system.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

BrandonBogle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 am

I worked with 16 on one of my refis, but they just weren’t competitive enough for my numbers. #17 is an a-hole who literally told me my loan isn’t worth his time and never responded to another message - and of course LenderFi wouldn’t reassign me.

#20 was one of my go-tos at Better. He and I did 2 refis and he was good to work with. But # 69 was the best. He did 4 of my refis and was phenomenal to work with. I ended up requesting his every time because of it. On top of things, quick to respond, but most importantly, he would actually work over email and get right to the point vs. wanting to treat me like an uneducated person. I wrote a glowing review of him for their internal metrics system.
I wonder if there is any refi business left. I bet everything is new purchases now.
dropdx

Post by dropdx »

anon_investor wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:48 am

Nice, I ended up with the same term/rate with my LenderFi refi in 2020. Who did you end up with for your servicer? They sold my loan to Fannie Mae and transferred my servicing to Wells Fargo.
I ended up with 3 different servicers from the various refinances haha but as of now I'm with AmeriHome who I've had no issues with. What fun times.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

dropdx wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:12 am
anon_investor wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:48 am

I ended up with 3 different servicers from the various refinances haha but as of now I'm with AmeriHome who I've had no issues with. What fun times.
2020 was a crazy year. 2 refis and my rate went from 3.875% -> 3.375 -> 2.75%, while pocketing over $2k in credits and not paying a penny in closing costs. LenderFi must have been so busy, I remember they weren't taking new applications when I did my first refi so I went with Ally, but I was able to do my 2nd refi with LenderFi, and they were fast and offered the best rate at the time.

Looking at today's rate, everyone who rushed to get a refi in 2020 and 2021 made the right choice.
dvvader

Post by dvvader »

I did 2 refis with LenderFi and went from 4.5% --> 3.375% --> 2.625%. Michael helped me both times and was great. Happy to see it looks like he did very well.
Bogleheads® emphasize regular saving, broad diversification, and sticking to one's investment plan regardless of market conditions.
StewedCarrot

Post by StewedCarrot »

I noticed the address and suite are the same for NCF. I'm going to let my autopay (pull by servicer) ride and see what happens on Monday.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

BrandonBogle wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:29 am I worked with 16 on one of my refis, but they just weren’t competitive enough for my numbers. #17 is an a-hole who literally told me my loan isn’t worth his time and never responded to another message - and of course LenderFi wouldn’t reassign me.
I refi'ed with Ryan twice. I feel like he gave himself his best staff. Rebecca was the best processor I ever worked with with any mortgage company - and I took out 5 loans in a roughly 2 year span. I never dealt with Anthony or Michael.

If they actually did close up shop, I'm happy for them, if a little sad. These guys knew how to game the system to make the loan close as quickly as possible - they knew the FNMA rules inside and out. Seems like everyone else hires salespeople masquerading as loan officers looking for a quick buck, and robots as processors who are little more than document collectors for the underwriters. These guys are (were?) very good at what they do - they focused on closing prime loans as quickly as possible and didn't bother marketing to the masses like Better does. They catered to the crowd here very well.
dcw213

Post by dcw213 »

My servicing just got moved as well. Makes sense to sell now while MSR values are high. I refinanced twice with them. Great experiences.

I will always remember when talking with the owner about my first refi, he asked where I had heard of them. I said “a message board” and he said “Is it bubbleheads? I’m getting a ton of business from there and I don’t even know how that happened!” Nice job fellow bubbleheads!
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

dcw213 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:13 am My servicing just got moved as well. Makes sense to sell now while MSR values are high. I refinanced twice with them. Great experiences.

I will always remember when talking with the owner about my first refi, he asked where I had heard of them. I said “a message board” and he said “Is it bubbleheads? I’m getting a ton of business from there and I don’t even know how that happened!” Nice job fellow bubbleheads!
If not for "bubbleheads" I would not have heard of LenderFi, let alone refinanced with them! :P
MrJedi

Post by MrJedi »

I also learned about LenderFi through the bubble heads and did a refi through them in 2020. Their various web portals were pretty janky compared to my Better refi, but I was generally pleased with their process.
kinless

Post by kinless »

StewedCarrot wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:53 pm I noticed the address and suite are the same for NCF. I'm going to let my autopay (pull by servicer) ride and see what happens on Monday.
By the time I received notification of the transfer, it was already within the 5 business day limit and too late to change the autopay, so I have no choice but to let it ride on August 1st. Either the payment will go through or it won’t. (And if not, we’ll have to wait until Aug 7th to reinstate autopay.) But Network Capital’s letter said they won’t charge late fees for 60 days after the switch so I guess that’s a reasonable consolation prize if for some reason autopay gets shut off without most people knowing/realizing.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

My account showed up this morning on Network Capital's instance of TMS's ServicingDivision website.

I scheduled a bill pay through Fidelity for tonight with the new loan number; presumably it will credit in the same way that my payments through LenderFi have. Despite all the crappy TMS reviews (probably in their role as temporary subservicer for Better loans), I've been very happy with them over the last year and change. Here's to hoping Network Capital keeps TMS as their subservicer, since I don't see myself refinancing from our current 1.99% rate.
rene

Post by rene »

Curious... how are people being notified about the transfer to different mortgage company? This thread made me check my online Lenderfi account and I notice no payment was made Aug-1, no balance loan amount is listed and no way to set up a payment. I have been traveling for the past month or so... perhaps a letter is waiting for me at the post office? Are there instructions in this notification how to setup payments etc?
bzcat

Post by bzcat »

Its letters. I have 2 LenderFi loans. One loan received one letter from terminating party and one from the new party. The other loan only had a letter from the old party, but both "old party letters" had the new servicer's mortgage numbers. However, none of them are yet provisioned on the payment platforms.

Both of my August bill pay payments had already gone out before the round of letters arrived at the end of July, and neither of them have been cashed so far.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

rene wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:54 pm Curious... how are people being notified about the transfer to different mortgage company? This thread made me check my online Lenderfi account and I notice no payment was made Aug-1, no balance loan amount is listed and no way to set up a payment. I have been traveling for the past month or so... perhaps a letter is waiting for me at the post office? Are there instructions in this notification how to setup payments etc?
I got the goodbye/welcome letters in the mail, about 2 weeks ago or so.

If you want to try to sign up with the new servicer without waiting to check your mail, try going to https://netwkcap.servicingdivision.com/ and create an account using your old LenderFi loan number. This is an option on the first page when creating a new account to use the old loan number - just move the slider over to select that option.
bzcat

Post by bzcat »

If you want to try to sign up with the new servicer without waiting to check your mail, try going to https://netwkcap.servicingdivision.com/ and create an account using your old LenderFi loan number.
Not all my loans went to the same new servicer. YMMV
GoodOmens

Post by GoodOmens »

sullim4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 pm
rene wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:54 pm Curious... how are people being notified about the transfer to different mortgage company? This thread made me check my online Lenderfi account and I notice no payment was made Aug-1, no balance loan amount is listed and no way to set up a payment. I have been traveling for the past month or so... perhaps a letter is waiting for me at the post office? Are there instructions in this notification how to setup payments etc?

If you want to try to sign up with the new servicer without waiting to check your mail, try going to https://netwkcap.servicingdivision.com/ and create an account using your old LenderFi loan number. This is an option on the first page when creating a new account to use the old loan number - just move the slider over to select that option.
Were you able to make a payment? It's telling me online payments are disabled.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

GoodOmens wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:38 am
sullim4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 pm

Were you able to make a payment? It's telling me online payments are disabled.
I pushed a payment from Fidelity Bill Pay with an effective date of today. Typically with TMS those will be applied as such and post to the account on the next calendar day. So I would expect to see it tomorrow if it worked.
simplesimon

Post by simplesimon »

anon_investor wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am
dcw213 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:13 am My servicing just got moved as well. Makes sense to sell now while MSR values are high. I refinanced twice with them. Great experiences.

If not for "bubbleheads" I would not have heard of LenderFi, let alone refinanced with them! :P
Me and three friends that I know of are all sub 3% on 30-year mortgages thanks to the forum. We're now basically trapped in our houses forever!
eer_no_evil

Post by eer_no_evil »

Hey all-
Like many others, my lenderfi refi was transferred to network capital. Beyond the pain of setting up a new account I was excited when I saw that network capital was an automatic option for fidelity full view- unfortunately it doesn’t seem to want to link up as maybe the lenderfi borrowing portal is just re-branded?

Anyone have any luck?
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

Network Capital has two subservicers: https://www.networkcapital.com/sign-in

The loan numbers beginning with "14" send you to Dovenmuehle as the servicer. The "86" loan numbers use TMS.

My guess is Fidelity works with the former and not the later.
eer_no_evil

Post by eer_no_evil »

sullim4 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:22 am Network Capital has two subservicers: https://www.networkcapital.com/sign-in

The loan numbers beginning with "14" send you to Dovenmuehle as the servicer. The "86" loan numbers use TMS.

My guess is Fidelity works with the former and not the later.
Thanks! Appreciate the reply- unfortunately looks like I’m in the 86 category and Fidelity doesn’t support yet. Bummer.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

simplesimon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:33 am
anon_investor wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am

Me and three friends that I know of are all sub 3% on 30-year mortgages thanks to the forum. We're now basically trapped in our houses forever!
Haha I am in the same situation!
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

DW and I are at 2.50% for 30 years, thanks to this forum and LenderFi in the summer of 2020!
CoastLawyer2030

Post by CoastLawyer2030 »

What rates are people getting these days from LenderFi?
tj

Post by tj »

CoastLawyer2030 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:58 am What rates are people getting these days from LenderFi?
I don't think anyone is bothering anymore.
MBJ0909

Post by MBJ0909 »

Anybody have any luck setting up auto pay with Network Capital? I assume it'll be turned on at some point but I'm still getting the message that it's unavailable at this time.
index245

Post by index245 »

MBJ0909 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:34 pm Anybody have any luck setting up auto pay with Network Capital? I assume it'll be turned on at some point but I'm still getting the message that it's unavailable at this time.
The note I received says 7 business days from August 1. Probably by the end of this week.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

My electronic payment from Fidelity that I submitted on Thursday, when I could first create an online account, has yet to be credited.

I received an email this afternoon saying that, "We have been unable to reach you regarding a past due payment. Please take action!".

I called them, they have no record of my payment. I opened a case number, and in the meantime, if it doesn't show as credited tomorrow morning, I will submit a trace through Fidelity.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

Update - my Fidelity bill payer payment posted today as "Irregular payment through the Cashiering Workstation" in the transaction history.

Like many of you, their portal still isn't allowing me to set up automatic payments, or a one-time payment.
njdealguy

Post by njdealguy »

The network capital funding login continues to show under online payments, We apologize, payment processing is not available this time. Please try again later.

Getting bit concerned now as its 8/9 now and dont want to end up incurring late fees after the 15th. Not sure if should mail a physical check to the listed address or to call the phone number to pay.
MilleniumBuc

Post by MilleniumBuc »

MBJ0909 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:34 pm Anybody have any luck setting up auto pay with Network Capital? I assume it'll be turned on at some point but I'm still getting the message that it's unavailable at this time.
I paid my August mortgage in Mid July to avoid any issues with the transfer.

I registered on Friday and was able to add the payment account for future payments. Will wait to pay manually in September and then try the autopay after the first manual payment. Was not able to setup autopay because I’m guessing it needs to come from an account with a previous payment.

Otherwise it’s a new name (NCF) but basically the same TMS website. I don’t think I was able to set autopay before until a manual payment was made.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

njdealguy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:23 am The network capital funding login continues to show under online payments, We apologize, payment processing is not available this time. Please try again later.

Getting bit concerned now as its 8/9 now and dont want to end up incurring late fees after the 15th. Not sure if should mail a physical check to the listed address or to call the phone number to pay.
When I talked to the rep yesterday about my "missing" electronic bill payer payment, she noted that the behavior of the website in blocking manual payments was normal until the first payment was made. That seems odd to me, especially considering that the manual payment functionality still isn't lit up for me, even though my August payment was credited last night during overnight processing.

I would call them and ask them what options you have to make the first payment. I had zero issues with TMS while my loan was with LenderFi... the transfer hasn't been as seamless.
kinless

Post by kinless »

njdealguy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:23 am The network capital funding login continues to show under online payments, We apologize, payment processing is not available this time. Please try again later.

The letter I received in the mail from Network Capital stated they’re waiving all late fees for 60 days after the transfer. I think they knew to anticipate issues with such a short notice.

Still seeing the “not available” message here as well but I’m not going to sweat it for now.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

kinless wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:08 am

The letter I received in the mail from Network Capital stated they’re waiving all late fees for 60 days after the transfer. I think they knew to anticipate issues with such a short notice.

Still seeing the “not available” message here as well but I’m not going to sweat it for now.
They are required by law to waive late fees for 60 days after a servicer switch.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfp ... es-en-215/
simplesimon

Post by simplesimon »

sullim4 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:47 am

When I talked to the rep yesterday about my "missing" electronic bill payer payment, she noted that the behavior of the website in blocking manual payments was normal until the first payment was made. That seems odd to me, especially considering that the manual payment functionality still isn't lit up for me, even though my August payment was credited last night during overnight processing.

I would call them and ask them what options you have to make the first payment. I had zero issues with TMS while my loan was with LenderFi... the transfer hasn't been as seamless.
I pushed a payment from my bank to the mailing address listed since my payment portal wasn't working either. I see as of now it is working so I'll have to wait for my check to clear before proceeding to set up auto-pay.
MBJ0909

Post by MBJ0909 »

index245 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:38 pm
The note I received says 7 business days from August 1. Probably by the end of this week.
You were correct, I checked this morning and I can now add auto pay. I missed that it was 7 business days and not just 7 days. Thanks!
bzcat

Post by bzcat »

I received a welcome email this morning from Freedom Mortgage.

It addresses me by the wrong name, and includes the wrong mortgage account number.

I wish the consumer had any choice about the servicer for their loan.
sullim4

Post by sullim4 »

bzcat wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:31 am I wish the consumer had any choice about the servicer for their loan.
This is something I have wondered about. Wouldn't it be nice if Fannie and Freddie loans gave the customer the option to select from some authorized list of servicers? The GSE would just pay the servicing fee to whomever the customer selected.

Forcing these guys to compete based on customer service or the features on the web portal would be great. I'd love to be able to use a bank or credit union that I have an account with, so I could just instantly make payments with same-day crediting.
index245

Post by index245 »

MBJ0909 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:57 am
index245 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:38 pm
You were correct, I checked this morning and I can now add auto pay. I missed that it was 7 business days and not just 7 days. Thanks!
Thanks! Yes, me too. Now that is it is live, very smooth process to make the first payment and set up autopay.