Good Phone for Movies

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
lawman3966

Good Phone for Movies

Post by lawman3966 »

I tend to watch movies on my phone rather than with a tablet. For various reasons, the phone is more comfortable to hold while watching in bed. Consequently, I'm posting to seek recommendations for the best phone to watch videos and movies on.

My current 5g phone has a 6-inch screen. It's ok, but I'd like to see if I can get something bigger.

I guess I'm getting spoiled, but I'd like something with a bigger screen, possibly a 6.8" one. Since I don't need another new phone, I was wondering about the possiblity of getting an older, even possibly a used, phone with a large screen that I'd use as a tablet, preferably one with good resolution (i.e. good ppi density). I'd be using with wifi, and wouldn't have a sim card in it, so it wouldn't need 5g compatibility or a fancy camera.

Any and all recommendations appreciated.
climber2020

Re: Good Phone for Movies

Post by climber2020 »

Wait a month and a half.

Buy the iPhone 14 Max if cost is a factor; otherwise get the iPhone 14 Max Pro.

Sell your current phone or trade it in, and you now have one device with (likely) excellent battery life that you can keep for 5+ years if you wish.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

I’d look at iPad mini. 7 inch phone is tough to carry in a pocket and adds extra weight for long distances like hiking or exercise walks.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
lakpr

Post by lakpr »

Samsung Galaxy A13. New ones go about $240, refurbished ones about $150. Slim and gas a 6.5" screen. Perfect for movie watching in bed.
jayjayc

Post by jayjayc »

lawman3966 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:30 am I tend to watch movies on my phone rather than with a tablet. For various reasons, the phone is more comfortable to hold while watching in bed. Consequently, I'm posting to seek recommendations for the best phone to watch videos and movies on.
I recommend getting a tablet and a stand. No need to hold the phone or tablet while watching movies in bed.

https://smile.amazon.com/UGREEN-Compati ... th=1&psc=1

tj

Post by tj »

jayjayc wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:44 am
lawman3966 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:30 am I tend to watch movies on my phone rather than with a tablet. For various reasons, the phone is more comfortable to hold while watching in bed. Consequently, I'm posting to seek recommendations for the best phone to watch videos and movies on.
I recommend getting a tablet and a stand. No need to hold the phone or tablet while watching movies in bed.

https://smile.amazon.com/UGREEN-Compati ... th=1&psc=1

Why not just get a TV? 🤔
NewbieBogle007

Post by NewbieBogle007 »

I have a large tablet. It has a case that folds into a stand. I plop a pillow on my belly and put the tablet on the pillow. Bliss.