Anyone actually obtained the Spain Golden Visa?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
goodstafford

Anyone actually obtained the Spain Golden Visa?

Post by goodstafford »

Has anyone personally gone through the experience of getting a Golden Visa through Real Estate from Spain? If so, I would really appreciate the opportunity to ask a few (!) questions.

Most pressing, I'm trying to figure out if the spouse of the investor gets an equivalent visa that also allows the spouse to work. I thought the answer was yes, but I was recently told that only the investor whose name goes on the deed gets a "full" investor's visa including work authorization, and that the spouse gets only a "dependent" visa that doesn't allow work. The only solution is to spend over $1M euros (instead of $500k) and put both names on the deed.

Grim, and totally different from what I've read elsewhere, but my source seems firm in his convictions. So I'm really eager to connect with someone who has actually DONE it and can say what they (and their spouse) did and didn't receive.