Tax Loss Harvesting in VFWAX

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Anovice

Tax Loss Harvesting in VFWAX

Post by Anovice »

Currently, I own Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index symbol VFWAX. The Record Date was 6/16/2022, the Reinvest Date was 6/17/2022, and the Payable Date was yesterday, 6/21/2022. I did not reinvest the distribution but took the distribution in cash.

I would like to TLH Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index and purchase Vanguard Total International Stock Index symbol VTIAX, which had the same distribution dates as VFWAX.

Is there any wash-sale issue?

Thank you.
rkhusky

Re: Tax Loss Harvesting in VFWAX

Post by rkhusky »

Anovice wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:23 am Currently, I own Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index symbol VFWAX. The Record Date was 6/16/2022, the Reinvest Date was 6/17/2022, and the Payable Date was yesterday, 6/21/2022. I did not reinvest the distribution but took the distribution in cash.

I would like to TLH Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index and purchase Vanguard Total International Stock Index symbol VTIAX, which had the same distribution dates as VFWAX.

Is there any wash-sale issue?

Thank you.
No wash sale concerns if you have not purchased VFWAX in any of your or your spouse's accounts in the last 30 days and won't in the next 30 days.