IT'S TIME! Registration for the 2022 Bogleheads Conference is NOW OPEN!

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

Re: IT'S TIME! Registration for the 2022 Bogleheads Conference is NOW OPEN!

Post by Bogle Center »

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION UPDATE
The maximum capacity is 500 attendees.

As of 5/5/2022:

351 seats were filled leaving 149 available.
249 people have signed up for Bogleheads University
162 people have purchased a ticket for the Bogleheads Banquet

The Bogle Center Board
Christine Benz

Post by Christine Benz »

I'm happy to announce that we've just added a few new names to the agenda.

Author and blogger Nick Maggiulli will be there. Nick's new book, "Just Keep Buying," is a modern classic (and a perfect gift for Bogleheads in training). Nick joins headliners including Michelle Singletary of the Washington Post, Jason Zweig of The Wall Street Journal, author Burton Malkiel, author/financial advisor Bill Bernstein, and author/Bloomberg ETF analyst Eric Balchunas.

In addition, speakers include Jim Dahle ("White Coat Investor"), Chris Mamula, Rob Berger, Paulo Costa and Joel Dickson of Vanguard, Ben Johnson and Alec Lucas of Morningstar, and financial planner Jon Luskin.

And no Bogleheads conference would be complete without Bogleheads favorites Rick Ferri, Mike Piper, and Allan Roth. And me! I'll be there, too.

We're planning to release the agenda soon, but you can tell it's shaping up to be a dynamite conference. Note that Early Bird pricing closes on 5/31.

Hope to see you there!

Christine
andrewbogle

Post by andrewbogle »

AWESOME!! Just booked ticket; SO looking forward to it!!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

andrewbogle is Jack Bogle's son. See: Andrew Bogle

Welcome!
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf »

Rob Berger, on his superb YouTube channel, recently mentioned that he'll be attending the BH Conference for the first time. Now, in his latest video, he mentioned that Rick Ferri invited him to join a panel Q&A session being hosted by Christine Benz. That's another terrific addition for the conference!
Retired 2018 | currently ~59/38/3 (partially sliced and diced, with a slightly rising equity glide path)
InvestorHowie

Post by InvestorHowie »

sleepysurf wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:56 am Rob Berger, on his superb YouTube channel, recently mentioned that he'll be attending the BH Conference for the first time. Now, in his latest video, he mentioned that Rick Ferri invited him to join a panel Q&A session being hosted by Christine Benz. That's another terrific addition for the conference!
I was really hoping for this - big Rob Berger fan as well. Now I just need to go ahead and pull the trigger on my ticket while there are still a few available!
Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy. --John C. Bogle
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Christine Benz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:38 pm I'm happy to announce that we've just added a few new names to the agenda.
Thank you, Christine,

Considering that the number of panelists is growing, do you have any plans to make the conference longer, e.g., to add sessions on Friday afternoon?

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
SR II

Post by SR II »

Christine Benz wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:38 pm I'm happy to announce that we've just added a few new names to the agenda.

Author and blogger Nick Maggiulli will be there. Nick's new book, "Just Keep Buying," is a modern classic (and a perfect gift for Bogleheads in training). Nick joins headliners including Michelle Singletary of the Washington Post, Jason Zweig of The Wall Street Journal, author Burton Malkiel, author/financial advisor Bill Bernstein, and author/Bloomberg ETF analyst Eric Balchunas.

In addition, speakers include Jim Dahle ("White Coat Investor"), Chris Mamula, Rob Berger, Paulo Costa and Joel Dickson of Vanguard, Ben Johnson and Alec Lucas of Morningstar, and financial planner Jon Luskin.

And no Bogleheads conference would be complete without Bogleheads favorites Rick Ferri, Mike Piper, and Allan Roth. And me! I'll be there, too.

We're planning to release the agenda soon, but you can tell it's shaping up to be a dynamite conference. Note that Early Bird pricing closes on 5/31.

Hope to see you there!

Christine
Wow! What a lineup. This is going to be an event packed conference for sure. I can't wait to be there.

Thank you for all you ALL do to put this on!
Christine Benz

Post by Christine Benz »

I'm glad to hear everyone is as excited about this event as the Board is!

Victoria, we have all of the speakers slotted in and will release the agenda soon. We don't have plans to expand into Friday afternoon, figuring that most people will want to get to the airport right after the conference wraps.

Thanks,
Christine
JonL

Post by JonL »

Hope to see you there!

Christine
Honored and humbled to be listed alongside such legends!

:happy
When there are multiple solutions to a problem, choose the simplest one. ~Jack Bogle
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Christine Benz wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 pm I'm glad to hear everyone is as excited about this event as the Board is!

Victoria, we have all of the speakers slotted in and will release the agenda soon. We don't have plans to expand into Friday afternoon, figuring that most people will want to get to the airport right after the conference wraps.

Thanks,
Christine
Thank you, Christine. Looking forward to seeing the agenda, and even more so, to seeing everyone in person in October.

Victoria
WINNER of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
natureexplorer

Post by natureexplorer »

Is there a rough agenda for the conference? Trying to decide what day & time to fly in & out.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

Post by Bogle Center »

Bogleheads Conference Update 5/13/2022

CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION LINK

78% of the 500 tickets sold in the first two weeks and the Hilton room block is also filling.
The Early Bird price of $395 goes through May 31, then increases to $495.

Many attendees plan to attend Bogleheads University on Wednesday from 1-4 PM.
There will also be a Local Chapter coordinator’s meeting on Wednesday afternoon from 3-5 PM.

More than half the attendees have purchased tickets for Bogleheads Banquet on Thursday evening featuring Eric Balchunas, author of “The Bogle Effect”. Andrew Bogle will also announce the first inductee into the Bogleheads Hall of Fame.

Here is a list of speakers to date in alphabetical order:

Eric Balchunas
Rob Berger
Bill Bernstein
Christine Benz
Andrew Bogle
Steve Chen
Paulo Costa
Karen Damato
Jim Dahle
Joel Dickson
Rick Ferri
Ben Johnson
Alec Lucas
Jon Luskin
Nick Maggiulli
Burton Malkiel
Chris Mamula
Mike Piper
Allan Roth
Michelle Singletary
Jason Zweig

The full agenda will be published during June.
Last edited by Bogle Center on Sun May 15, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

Post by Bogle Center »

October 12:

The conference registration will open at about noon to accommodate those going to Bogleheads University, which starts at 1 PM.
The Local Chapter Coordinator meeting starts at 3 PM.
The Welcome Reception is at 5:30 PM.

October 14:

The conference will end at noon.
Last edited by Bogle Center on Sun May 15, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Bogle Center wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm May 12:

The conference registration will open at about noon to accommodate those going to Bogleheads University, which starts at 1 PM.

May 14:

I am sure you meant October 12 and October 14.

Cheers,
Victoria
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

I should clarify that the Local Chapter Coordinator meeting is for members who are leading, i.e. "coordinating", the Bogleheads local and virtual chapters.

We do quite a bit of collaboration behind-the-scenes and would like to meet in person. In addition to providing help running a local chapter, we also plan the virtual Life Stage chapter meetings that are posted in the blog's Calendar of Events the US Chapters forum.

The 3 PM - 5 PM time slot was the only one available. Thanks to the Bogle Center for providing the space.

To clarify -
- The blog calendar also shows the Bogleheads Live Twitter Spaces events which are hosted by JonL.

- Chapter coordinators collaborate in a private group on Groups.io. If anyone is leading a chapter and would like to join this group, please PM me.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Rick Ferri wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:28 pm New speaker!

We are super excited to add Eric Balchunas, Senior ETF Analyst at Bloomberg, as a keynote speaker during the Bogleheads Banquet on Thursday evening. Eric writes research reports, articles, and feature stories for Bloomberg.com. I spoke with Eric Balchunas recently about his latest book, The Bogle Effect: How John Bogle and Vanguard Turned Wall Street Inside Out and Saved Investors Trillions.

LINK TO RECENT PODCAST: Episode 044: Eric Balchunas on the Bogle Effect, host Rick Ferri
Bogleheads:

I recently finished reading "The Bogle Effect" by Eric Balchunas. I consider it one of the best books in my "Investment Gems". If you admire John Bogle, you will love Eric's book. You can read excerpts here. Eric is certain to be a strong addition to our magnificent Panel of Experts.

I wish I were able to join you (I'm successfully fighting cancer) in what appears to be our best prepared Boglehead Convention.

Best wishes.
Taylor
Jack Bogle's Words of Wisdom: "Learn every day from the experiences of others. It's cheaper."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
rwheele7

Post by rwheele7 »

Hello,

First time attendee and new to the community. Looking forward to meeting and learning from you all!

Russell
HENRYGRUGER

Post by HENRYGRUGER »

A few weeks ago I attended the Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder's meeting in Omaha. (Bucket List Check off). I wanted to go while Buffett and Munger were still with us. It was a lot of fun.

Today I registered for the Bogleheads Conference, in Chicago. (Bucket List Check off) I only wish I had know about Bogleheads in 2009-2015. I actually lived in Bryn Mawr, PA during those years and use to ride my Goldwing past Vanguard Corporate HQ on my way to Valley Forge Park. I had a CMA riding buddy who was a retired OBGYN, who lived in Jack Bogles neighborhood.

I didn't have the opportunity to meet jack, but I am hoping to meet Taylor Larimore.

Currently Reading the new book, "The Bogle Effect." Good Stuff.

Have a Blessed Sunday, one and all.
Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri »

Bogle Center wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 pm October 12:

October 14:

The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.
Topic Author
Bogle Center

Post by Bogle Center »

Less than 100 tickets remain as of this morning.

A waiting list will be created after tickets sell out.
Rick Ferri

Post by Rick Ferri »

Bogle Center wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:24 pm Less than 100 tickets remain as of this morning.

A waiting list will be created after tickets sell out.
About 75 seats left of the original 500. ALMOST THERE!

Two weeks remaining for the May Early Bird $395 Special. Then the price goes to $495.

There are still scholarship tickets available for people who otherwise would not be able to attend. The scholarship covers the full $395 entry fee. It does not include travel, hotel, or the Bogleheads Banquet.

Rick
The Education of an Index Investor: born in darkness, finds indexing enlightenment, overcomplicates everything, embraces simplicity.