Searching for Lost Contributors

Discussions about the forum and contents
User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 82124
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by LadyGeek »

HueyLD wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:26 am Where is sscritic? Last active 8/28/2015 @7:42 p.m.

I believe that he is alive and kicking. However, I miss his posts.
He is no longer a forum member, but he has been contributing to the wiki via our admin email. I make the edits on his behalf. Here's the list:
Each page has a "View history" tab so you can see which editor made the changes, along with a comment. You'll see my comments which contain "supplied by sscritic via email".

Update 3/27/2022: sscritic contributed an entirely new article: Social Security - computing a Primary Insurance Amount

Update 4/2/2022: See: Wiki - Medicare article overhaul
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
000
Posts: 7631
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by 000 »

Haven't seen Alchemist for a long time. :(
placeholder
Posts: 5394
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by placeholder »

000 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:01 pm Haven't seen Alchemist for a long time. :(
Looks like that account has been removed.
User avatar
ResearchMed
Posts: 13712
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by ResearchMed »

placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:10 pm
000 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:01 pm Haven't seen Alchemist for a long time. :(
Looks like that account has been removed.
:confused

Looks like Alchemist last posted on November 6, 2021

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=a ... mit=Search

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.
000
Posts: 7631
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by 000 »

I wonder what happened.
placeholder
Posts: 5394
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by placeholder »

ResearchMed wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:00 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:10 pm
000 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:01 pm Haven't seen Alchemist for a long time. :(
Looks like that account has been removed.
:confused

Looks like Alchemist last posted on November 6, 2021

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=a ... mit=Search
If you click on the user name it says "The requested user does not exist."
placeholder
Posts: 5394
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by placeholder »

placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm If you click on the user name it says "The requested user does not exist."
To be clear I have no idea if was by user request or what.
User avatar
willthrill81
Posts: 30774
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by willthrill81 »

placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:18 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm If you click on the user name it says "The requested user does not exist."
To be clear I have no idea if was by user request or what.
I don't think that's typically the reason. It seems to be more common that the poster was banned.
“Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Marseille07
Posts: 9242
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Marseille07 »

willthrill81 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:18 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm If you click on the user name it says "The requested user does not exist."
To be clear I have no idea if was by user request or what.
I don't think that's typically the reason. It seems to be more common that the poster was banned.
I am not sure, I've never seen someone's user getting removed, even for those who are banned.
85% US + FM + RSU | 15% Cash
placeholder
Posts: 5394
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by placeholder »

willthrill81 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 pm I don't think that's typically the reason. It seems to be more common that the poster was banned.
My personal experience with a person who's been banned is that his user id remained.
User avatar
willthrill81
Posts: 30774
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by willthrill81 »

Marseille07 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:25 pm
willthrill81 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:23 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:18 pm
placeholder wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:16 pm If you click on the user name it says "The requested user does not exist."
To be clear I have no idea if was by user request or what.
I don't think that's typically the reason. It seems to be more common that the poster was banned.
I am not sure, I've never seen someone's user getting removed, even for those who are banned.
That's true.

I hate how we're left guessing with what's happened to a user in these instances.
“Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Marseille07
Posts: 9242
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Marseille07 »

willthrill81 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm That's true.

I hate how we're left guessing with what's happened to a user in these instances.
Well, the most likely scenario (imo) is that the user requested to be deleted for whatever reason. Here is another member: viewtopic.php?t=342711
85% US + FM + RSU | 15% Cash
000
Posts: 7631
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by 000 »

willthrill81 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm I hate how we're left guessing with what's happened to a user in these instances.
Looking at Alchemist's last post I'm left wondering if he shorted GME in real life. I hope not. :?
User avatar
whodidntante
Posts: 10695
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm
Location: outside the echo chamber

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by whodidntante »

I could really use an update from Dan Mahowny. So come and sit at the bar if you're out there, my friend. The first round is on me. For so many reasons, but chiefly:
1) he was short TSLA with high conviction. I'd like to know his current thinking and current position.
2) the movie that his user name references is one of my all-time favorite movies. I like it so much that I imported it from Germany, just to watch it again in high def. The American version is only available in standard definition.

If comment #2 fills you with wonder, the name of the movie is "Nichts Geht Mehr" in Germany or "Owning Mahowny" in the USA. The title is not a translation; the distributor or whoever retitled it.
Marseille07
Posts: 9242
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Marseille07 »

Poster AnnetteLouisan may have left forum. Or perhaps they're out of town.
85% US + FM + RSU | 15% Cash
Silk McCue
Posts: 7013
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Silk McCue »

Marseille07 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm Poster AnnetteLouisan may have left forum. Or perhaps they're out of town.
Jumping the gun a bit aren’t you? She was last logged in Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 am and posted the night before.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=178907

Cheers
Grt2bOutdoors
Posts: 24760
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: New York

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

Silk McCue wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Marseille07 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm Poster AnnetteLouisan may have left forum. Or perhaps they're out of town.
Jumping the gun a bit aren’t you? She was last logged in Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 am and posted the night before.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=178907

Cheers
He’s addicted to her posts.
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
Luckywon
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Searching for Lost Contributors

Post by Luckywon »

Silk McCue wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Marseille07 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:29 pm Poster AnnetteLouisan may have left forum. Or perhaps they're out of town.
Jumping the gun a bit aren’t you? She was last logged in Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 am and posted the night before.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=178907

Cheers
She has been averaging 15 posts a day since joining. Hope she's Ok.
Post Reply