Better card for low spend International Traveler than BoA Blue?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills.
Topic Author
vu8

Better card for low spend International Traveler than BoA Blue?

Post by vu8 »

Hi there dear bogleheads,

Currently I use a BoA Travel Rewards with Preferred Rewards Platinum Honors, a Cap One Savor One and a NFCU Cash Back Green Card as a back up.

I spend 90% of the charges internationally, with Airbnb, Agoda, Booking, Qatar Air, Turkish Air, ANA, JAL, Asiana Air, Korean Air, and other airlines and discount airlines that serves Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand and maybe Singapore and Hong Kong.

Basically most of the charges I put on the card are Airbnb stays, Hotel/Hostel stays from major booking websites, and airline tickets from official websites that offers the cheapest price (can't trust the 3rd party ticketing sites since 2020)

And the 10% of the remainder expenses would go to groceries, rare fast food and Ikea meals, and necessary replacement phones/ laptops.

So right now I get roughly 2.625% with BoA TR PRPH, I spend between 600 dollars to 1000 dollars max every month, all of them are international transactions (I know many charges from Airbnb and stuff are charged in the US but would still prefer to not worry about foreign transaction fees), is there a better card that I can use that defeats my current BoA Blue Card with PRPH for my level of spending and my expenses?