How to figure FIHFX TDF Sell Price?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
jason1122

How to figure FIHFX TDF Sell Price?

Post by jason1122 »

I'm thinking of selling out of a TDF and moving assets to a 3 Fund and wondering how to figure NAV.
dbr

Re: How to figure FIHFX TDF Sell Price?

Post by dbr »

Here is the NAV after market close yesterday: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FIHFX?p ... c=fin-srch

If you sell today you will get the new NAV calculated after market close. I am not sure there is a way to know that exactly.

Why is it important as long as you know you aren't interacting with a distribution of some kind?
exodusNH

Re: How to figure FIHFX TDF Sell Price?

Post by exodusNH »

jason1122 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:29 am I'm thinking of selling out of a TDF and moving assets to a 3 Fund and wondering how to figure NAV.
If you're going from the TDF to the equivalent percentage allocations in a three fund, it doesn't really matter. You'll be out of the market for a day if you're moving to ETFs. It won't have moved all that much.

If you're are Vanguard and switching from a Vanguard TDF to Vanguard mutual funds instead, you can do an "exchange", which will take effect (from your perspective) as a single transaction at close of business.