2021 Turbo Tax Worksheet Missing

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
tomd37

2021 Turbo Tax Worksheet Missing

Post by tomd37 »

When I filed my 2020 federal tax return I had to claim an adjustment to the two economic stimulus payments we received and used the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet in TT. I was successful and received the additional amount as part of my refund. I cannot find a similar worksheet in the 2021 TT program. I believe I was again underpaid and would like to claim the amount to which I think I am entitled. Can anyone help me on this situation?
Tom D.
BogleMelon

Re: 2021 Turbo Tax Worksheet Missing

Post by BogleMelon »

As far as I know TT and similar tax programs are not fully backed yet till at least the filing date. Even then, some forms may still be unavalaible till 02/15 or some day in March. I would say to wait and update whenever it has an update.
"One of the funny things about stock market, every time one is buying another is selling, and both think they are astute" - William Feather
Topic Author
tomd37

Post by tomd37 »

OP here. Please disregard my original post. Doing a search by the name of the form I was able to come up with the form and properly complete it. Sorry to bother you all, but this is only the second year I have been using TT. I was so accustomed to using the TaxSlayer tax program in the past.
Tom D.
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

BogleMelon wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:35 pm As far as I know TT and similar tax programs are not fully backed yet till at least the filing date. Even then, some forms may still be unavalaible till 02/15 or some day in March. I would say to wait and update whenever it has an update.
Agree. Software will be questionable for a few weeks still. I don’t even start until March and don’t take the numbers seriously until early April when it is time to pay for my extension.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
lstone19

Post by lstone19 »

One thing I've noticed about TT is that the basic interview stays consistent from year to year. So one-off stuff, such as the recovery rebate credit, is not asked about until you get to the Federal Review. And the only way to force it early seems to be by manually finding the form and manually populating it or going to the Federal Review early and the going back to do more work.

Using desktop TT, I generally do an early draft for my EOY tax planning where I'll skip around. Then, once I have all documents, start a fresh tax return where I do the interview in order to make sure I haven't missed anything and that any dependencies get done in the correct order.
BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle »

lstone19 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:15 am One thing I've noticed about TT is that the basic interview stays consistent from year to year. So one-off stuff, such as the recovery rebate credit, is not asked about until you get to the Federal Review. And the only way to force it early seems to be by manually finding the form and manually populating it or going to the Federal Review early and the going back to do more work.

Using desktop TT, I generally do an early draft for my EOY tax planning where I'll skip around. Then, once I have all documents, start a fresh tax return where I do the interview in order to make sure I haven't missed anything and that any dependencies get done in the correct order.
I use the same methodology with my desktop TT. I also take my numbers from the prior year and use the current year's TT to calculate things, seeing how taxes have changed year over year without changes to my income or any one-off deductions/credits (like when I got solar installed). It has been helpful in planning.