Why was the Social Security 5.9% COLA post deleted? [Resolved]

Discussions about the forum and contents
Topic Author
FinIndyGal

Why was the Social Security 5.9% COLA post deleted? [Resolved]

Post by FinIndyGal »

It had a lot of good information that I wanted to refer to later (as I do a lot of posts). :annoyed
sycamore

Re: Why was the Social Security 5.9% COLA post deleted?

Post by sycamore »

I think you mean this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=360002 ?

Note: it wasn't deleted but locked. The reason was noted in the post viewtopic.php?p=6272171#p6272171: "Locked due to OT responses."
Topic Author
FinIndyGal

Post by FinIndyGal »

I now see that the thread for "Social Security 5.9% COLA" was merged into the thread/link you sent so thanks for bringing this to my attention because I was following both. :D
marcopolo

Post by marcopolo »

It seemed one thread had a useful discussion happening regarding how SS COLA and Wage indexing works. Not clear why that got merged into the thread that was closed due to ranting about inflation.
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
stocknoob4111

Post by stocknoob4111 »

wondering how much employers are going to increase wages... are they going to take the SS COLA as s reference point or simply try to do the 2-3% and perhaps using the SS COLA as a bargaining tool may be a strategy for the employee
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Forum Issues and Administration forum (looking for post).

If anyone has a question on a post, please PM a moderator. We know where those posts are and can explain what happened.
marcopolo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:18 pm It seemed one thread had a useful discussion happening regarding how SS COLA and Wage indexing works. Not clear why that got merged into the thread that was closed due to ranting about inflation.
If anyone has a question on a moderator action, please report the post and explain why you don't agree with what we did. We do listen.

(Don't post in the thread. See: Member Rights in a Dispute , 2nd paragraph. A PM is also OK.)

Upon further review, that thread was moved back into a stand-alone thread. See: [Can I add Social Security COLA to estimated future benefits?]

(The question has been answered. This thread is locked to end the discussion.)
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.