Worlds largest cocktail party [UGA game]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Goblue97

Worlds largest cocktail party [UGA game]

Post by Goblue97 »

Good morning B-Heads,
Looking for input on making the best 40th birthday present for my good friend, a big UGA fan. We need advice on things to do during the weekend of the big game including but limited to Tailgating on gameday, things to do in Jacksonville before and after the game, and any other general advice. Thanks in advance for the advice.
Beach

Re: Worlds largest cocktail party

Post by Beach »

Goblue97 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:42 am Good morning B-Heads,
Looking for input on making the best 40th birthday present for my good friend, a big UGA fan. We need advice on things to do during the weekend of the big game including but limited to Tailgating on gameday, things to do in Jacksonville before and after the game, and any other general advice. Thanks in advance for the advice.
I would have said go to The Landing...but they tore it down.

Anything around the St Johns Town Center is a good bet. Beaches and golf courses around the area are very nice.

As far as tailgating goes, if you are sociable, you can go up to the literally hundreds of tailgates that are going on and join one. I never have done that unless I knew somebody there. Otherwise, plan it yourself and park early. There will be plenty of places to park, just bring cash and try not to get blocked in. (and get there super early)

Y'all should have a good time being UGA fans, as a UF fan myself, not looking forward to the beatdown to avenge for last year.
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I don't understand. "World's Largest Cocktail Party" and we're not talking about a Wisconsin home game?

Or is it a matter of separating the professionals from the rest so the others have a chance? :beer
zhiwiller

Post by zhiwiller »

Atilla wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:35 pm I don't understand. "World's Largest Cocktail Party" and we're not talking about a Wisconsin home game?

Or is it a matter of separating the professionals from the rest so the others have a chance? :beer
https://www.al.com/sports/2017/10/why_i ... ia_th.html
Maverick3320

Post by Maverick3320 »

Atilla wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:35 pm I don't understand. "World's Largest Cocktail Party" and we're not talking about a Wisconsin home game?

Regent St isn't classy enough to be considered a cocktail party!
MarkRoulo

Post by MarkRoulo »

Goblue97 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:42 am Good morning B-Heads,
Get him a Florida Gators sweatshirt/hat/something for his 40th birthday present.

If he has kids, better is to get THEM something Florida Gator related that they can wear.
JBTX

Post by JBTX »

What to get a dawg fan?

- Dawg biscuit
- Dentures
- hat with 2 beer can holders
- compass
- instruction manual for the compass
- rain coat to protect against burboun and cokes tossed into the air
- a healthy QB

:twisted:
:sharebeer

Go gators! (probably won't help)
Topic Author
Goblue97

Post by Goblue97 »

Thanks again for all the tips. Based on any UF/UGA fans who have gone to the game, what do you recommend for arrival time for tailgating based on 3:30p start?
TxAg

Post by TxAg »

Goblue97 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:08 am Thanks again for all the tips. Based on any UF/UGA fans who have gone to the game, what do you recommend for arrival time for tailgating based on 3:30p start?
7am. Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
Chip

Post by Chip »

TxAg wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 am
Goblue97 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:08 am Thanks again for all the tips. Based on any UF/UGA fans who have gone to the game, what do you recommend for arrival time for tailgating based on 3:30p start?
7am. Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
+1. But bring a flashlight. The sun won't be up yet. :D
Scuttlebutt

Post by Scuttlebutt »

Wednesday

https://www.coj.net/welcome/docs/fast-f ... rence.aspx
oldcomputerguy

Re: Worlds largest cocktail party [UGA game]

Post by oldcomputerguy »

One heads-up, no alcohol allowed on the beach at St. Simons Island this year.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/sports/al ... e/2554264/
gerntz

Post by gerntz »

Here's hoping they're playing for 2nd in SEC East.
Topic Author
Goblue97

Post by Goblue97 »

Any BHead golfers in the group who can recommend a course with green fees less than $125? Thanks!
Topic Author
Goblue97

Post by Goblue97 »

Within 25mi of Jacksonville
22twain

Post by 22twain »

I'm also confused. For someone with a username containing "Goblue", isn't the Big Game the one in Ann Arbor on Nov. 27? :twisted:
It's "Roth", not "ROTH". Senator William Roth was a person, not an acronym.