"Beacon," Vanguard's new mobile app

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
anon_investor

Re: "Beacon," Vanguard's new mobile app

Post by anon_investor »

nisiprius wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:13 am I just noticed that the "Vanguard" app--that is to say, the Android app named "Vanguard," identifying as Version 9.3, which I recently downloaded from the Google Play store appears to honor landscape orientation. This is important to me since I customarily use my Samsung tablet together with a Samsung keyboard which holds it in that orientation.

Except that if I select touch "Asset Mix" under the pie chart at the top left, the whole screen flips sideways and can only be read by picking up the device (and the Samsung keyboard it is normally attached to) and turning it 90° to portrait orientation.

Same thing happens if I select "Funds, ETFs, and Stocks"

My interpretation: they have or once had a software development team that did a workmanlike job of, seemingly, converting or encapsulating the website into an Android app, without obvious loss of functionality, and with attention to basic details like sensing device orientation. And now there is a completely separate team that was charged with building a total new application from scratch, and has gotten about 10% of the functionality done... and instead waiting for it to be finished before releasing it, they are trying to bolt bits of it piece by piece into the old application. Now, differences in style and look are one thing--even if they give it an amateurish look--but it's pretty hard to ignore a screen that flips sideways on you. This looks for all the world like a major software development disaster in progress.
You have an old version. The latest version of the "Vanguard" app is 10.12.0. Spoiler alert: it is probably the worst financial services app I have ever used.
Da5id

Post by Da5id »

anon_investor wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:18 am
nisiprius wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:13 am I just noticed that the "Vanguard" app--that is to say, the Android app named "Vanguard," identifying as Version 9.3, which I recently downloaded from the Google Play store appears to honor landscape orientation. This is important to me since I customarily use my Samsung tablet together with a Samsung keyboard which holds it in that orientation.

Except that if I select touch "Asset Mix" under the pie chart at the top left, the whole screen flips sideways and can only be read by picking up the device (and the Samsung keyboard it is normally attached to) and turning it 90° to portrait orientation.

My interpretation: they have or once had a software development team that did a workmanlike job of, seemingly, converting or encapsulating the website into an Android app, without obvious loss of functionality, and with attention to basic details like sensing device orientation. And now there is a completely separate team that was charged with building a total new application from scratch, and has gotten about 10% of the functionality done... and instead waiting for it to be finished before releasing it, they are trying to bolt bits of it piece by piece into the old application. Now, differences in style and look are one thing--even if they give it an amateurish look--but it's pretty hard to ignore a screen that flips sideways on you. This looks for all the world like a major software development disaster in progress.
You have an old version. The latest version of the "Vanguard" app is 10.12.0. Spoiler alert: it is probably the worst financial services app I have ever used.
I haven't tried the app but the reviews are something in the play store. Getting under 2* is epically weak.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Da5id wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:27 am
anon_investor wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:18 am

I haven't tried the app but the reviews are something in the play store. Getting under 2* is epically weak.
Nothing to see. After the 8/10 update, the app became nearly useless. I am using the mobile browser (Chrome) on my phone instead. Who though it was a good idea to not show the # of shares of mutual funds and ETFs in "Holdings".
Topic Author
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

anon_investor wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:18 amYou have an old version. The latest version of the "Vanguard" app is 10.12.0. Spoiler alert: it is probably the worst financial services app I have ever used.
Since I downloaded it from Google Play about three days ago, that too seems like a problem.

Maybe Android 9 isn't good enough to run the latest?
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
autopeep

Post by autopeep »

My consternation is that I am running android 11 and still have a v9 (and therefore fully functional) version of the vanguard app
jacksprat

Post by jacksprat »

I've been in the Beacon beta test group for some time, and IMO they are far away from GA status, currently V 0.55.0

Have no idea why Beacon would be out in the wild at this point. Functionally, what I've seen posted above was not from the test versions...

They are improving Beacon , slowly, with nearly monthly improvements in the beta channel.

Having seen first hand some of the back ends that banks and medical groups have, and continue to have in some cases, a pretty face is always welcomed yet the ugliness of that pig is only hidden.
One potential benefit from all the legacy is that in some ways , all bugs were known and maybe even less hackable..

I'd say don't give up on VG. but make your complaints to the right sources - here is not the place..
Last edited by jacksprat on Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Topic Author
nisiprius
Advisory Board
Location: The terrestrial, globular, planetary hunk of matter, flattened at the poles, is my abode.--O. Henry

Post by nisiprius »

When I access the Google Play store from my MacOS desktop computer, i.e. incompatible with the app, the Google Play website is showing me: Updated August 10, 2021; Current Version 9.3

When I try it from my smartphone, "About This App" says "Version 9.3; Updated on Feb 16, 2021."
Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six, result happiness; Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
Topic Author
nisiprius
Advisory Board

Post by nisiprius »

jacksprat wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:20 am I've been in the Beacon beta test group for some time, and IMO they are far away from GA status, currently V 0.55.0

Have no idea why Beacon would be out in the wild at this point. Functionally, what I've seen posted above was not from the test versions...

They are improving Beacon , slowly, with nearly monthly improvements in the beta channel.

Having seen first hand some of the back ends that banks and medical groups have, and continue to have in some cases, a pretty face is always welcomed yet the ugliness of that pig is only hidden.
One potential benefit from all the legacy is that in some ways , all bugs were known and maybe even less hackable..

I'd say don't give up on VG. but make your complaints to the right sources - here is not the place..
I'm using the "feedback" [+] facility on Beacon and the "Vanguard" app punctiliously. I've made about eight reports so far. But I notice that I do not get the slightest indication that they have even been received--I don't get any kind of reply, certainly not a ticket number (which is what I would expect for a bug report).

Do you have any suggestions for what would be "the right source?"
Tubes

Post by Tubes »

nisiprius wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:13 am My interpretation: they have or once had a software development team that did a workmanlike job of, seemingly, converting or encapsulating the website into an Android app, without obvious loss of functionality, and with attention to basic details like sensing device orientation. And now there is a completely separate team that was charged with building a total new application from scratch, and has gotten about 10% of the functionality done... and instead waiting for it to be finished before releasing it, they are trying to bolt bits of it piece by piece into the old application.
Before I retired, we were doing "agile scrum" development and we managed to push out 1/2 baked products with the promise to fill in the missing major features on "the next sprint." As an old school guy, this drove me crazy, and perhaps helped lead me to the decision to retire.

I don't know if that's what is going on here, but I wouldn't be surprised.
PowderDay9

Post by PowderDay9 »

The new vanguard app is horrible. I miss the old app. It was actually my favorite financial app. Now it went from first to worst. Sigh.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

nisiprius wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:33 pm I was hoping I wasn't the only person trying out "Beacon." Nobody?
As a buy-and-holder, I do what little I need on a laptop, so haven't even considered a vanguard app. Just no need for me.
TonyDAntonio

Post by TonyDAntonio »

I tried the new app a month ago. I was interested if they were going to allow some level 1 and level 2 options trading. They didn't, I hated the new design and never used it again.

Until this morning!!! My old vanguard app is gone and I only have the new one. Can't download the old one anymore. The new app looks very bad to me. I know I'm old and maybe I just need to get used to it but even simple buying and selling ETFs/funds seems clunky. I have to use the website interface to sell call/puts and there seems to be no way to transition to it from the new app like there was in the old app. I guess I'll just login to the website for now.

Tldr, new vanguard app is not got for me.
Electron

Post by Electron »

My phone received the new App two days ago. Like others, I am not happy to see the changes.

Previously, there were four menu items available without even logging in. I used those features quite often and hope they return at some point.

My older phone has version 9.3 of the earlier App and it continues to work very nicely.
Electron
MBB_Boy

Post by MBB_Boy »

TonyDAntonio wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:30 am I tried the new app a month ago. I was interested if they were going to allow some level 1 and level 2 options trading. They didn't, I hated the new design and never used it again.

Until this morning!!! My old vanguard app is gone and I only have the new one. Can't download the old one anymore. The new app looks very bad to me. I know I'm old and maybe I just need to get used to it but even simple buying and selling ETFs/funds seems clunky. I have to use the website interface to sell call/puts and there seems to be no way to transition to it from the new app like there was in the old app. I guess I'll just login to the website for now.

You can download old versions of apps with Android - just turn off automatic updating of apps. Things like this make me happy I approach things this way - doesn't happen often, but nice to be able to wait out app changes and see how they land first. Still using an older version of Personal Capital because I'm not entering a giant password on my phone every time I want to review recent purchases. No problem on website of course with a password manager
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

PowderDay9 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:58 pm The new vanguard app is horrible. I miss the old app. It was actually my favorite financial app. Now it went from first to worst. Sigh.
+1.
Solenya

Post by Solenya »

MishkaWorries wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:19 pm I love the simplicity of nothingness. It's artful.

An interesting new take on “don’t do something, just stand there.”
nps

Post by nps »

MBB_Boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:33 am
TonyDAntonio wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:30 am I tried the new app a month ago. I was interested if they were going to allow some level 1 and level 2 options trading. They didn't, I hated the new design and never used it again.

You can download old versions of apps with Android - just turn off automatic updating of apps.
How does turning off automatic updating let you download old versions of apps?
smectym

Post by smectym »

Yikes. I’ve been receiving “coming soon” notifications re “New Vanguard App” for a while. Following suggestion here, I’ve gone into”settings” on my iPad and *think* I’ve turned off automatic updates. Assuming that was successful, should be able to continue to use the old app indefinitely, correct? Or will Vanguard forcibly retire the older version
MBB_Boy

Post by MBB_Boy »

nps wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:31 pm
MBB_Boy wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:33 am

You can download old versions of apps with Android - just turn off automatic updating of apps.
How does turning off automatic updating let you download old versions of apps?
By itself it doesn't, but if you look online and download an older version of the app you waste your time if you don't turn it off. Also, if you never turn it off you avoid the problem in the first place. Ounce of prevention
beyou

Post by beyou »

If you think the tech will get better, don't hold your breath.

Just announced "Vanguard IT Chief to Retire"
10 years seems little was accomplished from a retail consumer perspective, so no great loss.

"will be replaced by Nitin Tandon, the firm’s head of retail and corporate systems within its information technology division. Tandon will be tasked with overseeing the company's global use of technology."

"Prior to joining Vanguard, Tandon spent nearly 17 years working at Deloitte Consulting, according to his LinkedIn profile."

Deloitte Consulting ? After a long career in IT I am not too impressed to hire someone like this. If they spent that much time at Deloitte,
they either ended up in more of a sales role, or if they stayed technical does not mean the tech was relevant to Vanguard's needs.
Also the fact that Vanguard would hire a long time management consultant instead of someone who worked in the financial services industry leads me to believe 1) they are more concerned about form over substance and 2) risk averse and 3) not willing to spend the big bucks to get someone from let's say BlackRock or a Goldman Sachs for instance.

"Vanguard’s principal head of enterprise advice, will take over Tandon’s current position as head of retail and corporate systems within the IT division"

Someone who was head of "enterprise advice" was not likely very technical, and their business priorities would be what, selling more of PAS ?
I don't want/need PAS and most Vanguard investors probably do not want/need that. Their target clients historically were DIY investors, so they should be optimizing the experience for DIY investors not for PAS business expansion.

The choices are a warning as to Vanguard's priorities and biases, and IMO not aligned with the needs of most of their clients.
Result, will Beacon ever be better than legacy app much less better than competitors ?
I found the legacy app better than Beacon, so seems they are moving backwards so far on this topic.
I think the website refreshes over least few years were chaotic and not a step forwards not much backwards, just change for the sake of change.

To me what they have had for years is adequate but any recent changes I have seen were just nonsense that was either a waste of time and resources, or the worst cases (Beacon) a step backwards.
Maverick3320

Post by Maverick3320 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates this. I'm too young to tell kids to get off my lawn, but this new app is awful. I didn't even realize a "new" version was coming out until I opened up the app a few days ago and the format had changed. Was there an option to keep the old format?
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Maverick3320 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:49 am I'm glad I'm not the only one that hates this. I'm too young to tell kids to get off my lawn, but this new app is awful. I didn't even realize a "new" version was coming out until I opened up the app a few days ago and the format had changed. Was there an option to keep the old format?
No there wasn't. I was complaining about the new app a while ago, I guess my phone was one of the first to get it. I sent feed back to Vanguard from within the app, telling them they should go back to the old format and how bad the new format is. Since I actually used the app before regularly, and now the current app is unusable, this is a big knock against Vanguard for me.
fortunefavored

Post by fortunefavored »

beyou wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:51 am "will be replaced by Nitin Tandon, the firm’s head of retail and corporate systems within its information technology division. Tandon will be tasked with overseeing the company's global use of technology."

"Prior to joining Vanguard, Tandon spent nearly 17 years working at Deloitte Consulting, according to his LinkedIn profile."
This solidifies my plan to leave Vanguard next year. There is no scenario a Deloitte person will improve anything at any company ever in the technology space.
retiringwhen

Post by retiringwhen »

fortunefavored wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm There is no scenario a Deloitte person will improve anything at any company ever in the technology space.
I sense the wisdom of hard learned lessons.
beyou

Post by beyou »

retiringwhen wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:05 pm
fortunefavored wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm There is no scenario a Deloitte person will improve anything at any company ever in the technology space.
I sense the wisdom of hard learned lessons.
Not a knock on Deloitte specifically (or this person) but I have worked with Deloitte and their competitors.
Recall this is the industry that used to audit a company, and during the audit would point out "problems" with your IT, and then offer to sell
you services to fix said "problems". Clear conflict of interest that resulted in break up of consulting from audit. I assume this guy was on the consulting side, didn't bother with his linkedin. But my experience is that senior non-technical managers like to hire firms like Deloitte to put some seal of approval on plans because they can't trust their own IT people. The plans are always without any understanding of industry much less firm specific issues, that can only be learned from years in the trenches. Tons of money wasted paying for advice and project plans that never pan out due to lack of acceptance from the rank and file IT employees at the consulting firm's client. Many of you may have heard the saying but if not....a consultant is someone who asks you for your watch so they can bill you for telling you the time. Guess that's dated, maybe today they borrow your smart phone.
retiringwhen

Post by retiringwhen »

My thoughts on all this continue to be the same. Vanguard's IT shop is sufferings through a series of publicly failed efforts that are coming close to breaking their customer service capabilities. The retirement may have been forced by those failures.

The phone apps are an unmitigated embarrassment, the secure messaging fiasco a completely self-defeating mess and the recent failure to process apparently many new customer accounts are all terrible signs.

I hope they clean out a lot more IT leadership and get the team back to work.

My outsider guess is that Vanguard is simply not spending enough on IT infrastructure and their efforts can never even keep with the baseline, let along move ahead. Evidence is that there has been attempts for almost 3 years now to put a new "skin" on the apps and retail website that constantly fall back and disappear.

This is not confined to the retail investor site only.

They have completely revamped the Advisors and Institutional Client sites, sadly losing several features I used regularly, like the ICI file publications and the Index comparisons areas. I have seen no reason I would find them a better site except for a more modern smart-phone friendly layout (and tons of wasted space on my nice 24" monitor)

The 401K site's new look is terrible with way too much fluff and not enough functionality or even basic navigation capabilities. I find it a major step backwards. Thankfully, you can just click back to the old site of a top level menu (this means, they know the site is unusable, sigh.)

I will be making some important choices in about a year about long-term accounts placement due to life changes with another touch point in 5 years. Maybe the company will have righted the ship by then. But, if not, I will move then, there is no reason to watch their capabilities degrade so completely.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

beyou wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:28 pm Many of you may have heard the saying but if not....a consultant is someone who asks you for your watch so they can bill you for telling you the time. Guess that's dated, maybe today they borrow your smart phone.
That saying still is 100% accurate based on my experience at a megacorp dealing with these consultant.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

fortunefavored wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm
beyou wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:51 am "will be replaced by Nitin Tandon, the firm’s head of retail and corporate systems within its information technology division. Tandon will be tasked with overseeing the company's global use of technology."

This solidifies my plan to leave Vanguard next year. There is no scenario a Deloitte person will improve anything at any company ever in the technology space.
Fidelity or Schwab?
btq96r

Post by btq96r »

This new Vanguard app is garbage. I truly hope enough negative feedback prompts them to roll it back to the old UI.

At only 39 years old, I'm not a Luddite who thinks something new is a harbinger of end times...this is just not a good design.
Last edited by btq96r on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

btq96r wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:09 pm This new Vanguard app is garbage. I truly hope enough negative feedback prompts them to roll it back to the old UI.
If you haven't done so already, submit feed back from within the app and in the app store.
btq96r

Post by btq96r »

anon_investor wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:11 pm
btq96r wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:09 pm This new Vanguard app is garbage. I truly hope enough negative feedback prompts them to roll it back to the old UI.
If you haven't done so already, submit feed back from within the app and in the app store.
Already done.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

btq96r wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:12 pm
anon_investor wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:11 pm
Already done.
:beer That is the first thing I did.
fortunefavored

Post by fortunefavored »

anon_investor wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:33 pm
fortunefavored wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:47 pm

Fidelity or Schwab?
I have all 3 already, but 98% is with Vanguard. Likely we will consolidate with Fidelity, because our DAF is there, and some of Charles Schwab's political statements don't align with our values (admittedly Fidelity keeps their opinions quieter, they may be equally bad.)

I cannot say more about Deloitte because I'd rather not risk being sued, but I have enough insights to both Deloitte and Vanguard IT execution that I will let my actions speak instead. :)
wesgreen

Post by wesgreen »

One interesting thing I noticed with the app is that the aggressive pop - ups exhorting me to increase my international holdings, which used to, for years, be the first thing I saw opening the app, have ceased. I wonder why, since we're supposedly in the middle of a decade of international outperformance... please excuse the digression.
My belief is that VGD is trying to get rid of me as a customer, since I don't pay for active funds or PAS, and haven't converted to ETFs. Fobbing my annuities off to Transamerica, shutting me out of their app (I'm no longer allowed to conduct any transactions by app since I haven't converted my account) and now denying me the ability to make mobile check deposits is just their way of letting me know. Calling these "Upgrades" tells me they have a certain sense of humor, at least.
I'm willing to pay a price, in obnoxious advertising, bad investment advice (as long as I'm able to ignore it), and spartan customer service, for low fees and well - run funds. Even not being able to use the app or write checks on my MMA anymore is tolerable. But the general trend is just stunning.
Maybe I ought to take these developments as a warning to more carefully double - check their accounting.
Last edited by wesgreen on Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lastrun

Post by Lastrun »

wesgreen wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 pm . . .
Fobbing my annuities off to Transamerica, shutting me out of their app (I'm no longer allowed to conduct any transactions in the app) and all of a sudden denying me the ability to make mobile check deposits is their way of letting me know. . . .But the general trend is a little worrying.
Thanks I forgot about the annuities. I had been starting mental list of things that had gone away in the past few years:
Checking
Flagship Representative
Now Messaging

The list grows. Worrying for sure.
newenglandpat

Post by newenglandpat »

yet another thread about this horrible new app. about 2 months ago Vanguard actually interviewed me paying me $100 for my opinions about my experiences with Vanguard. 75% of the time was taken up by me walking him through my virtually non functional app. It still is not able to display holdings of my self directed traditional and Roth 401k's. I explained the inability to do any transactions in these accounts including the most basic of depositing checks. Also pointed him to the numerous horrible reviews on the internet and google play store. At the end of the hour he said he wanted to do me a favor and have a senior technical support person contact me to make my app functional. Fast forward 2 months and I have yet to be contacted by anyone. I did however receive my check! It is unfortunate that a customer with multimillions of assets at Vanguard who they targeted to survey doesn't seem important enough to follow up. He did say they are aware of and from time to time monitor this forum :oops:
Cheez-It Guy

Post by Cheez-It Guy »

newenglandpat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:04 pm yet another thread about this horrible new app. about 2 months ago Vanguard actually interviewed me paying me $100 for my opinions about my experiences with Vanguard. 75% of the time was taken up by me walking him through my virtually non functional app. It still is not able to display holdings of my self directed traditional and Roth 401k's. I explained the inability to do any transactions in these accounts including the most basic of depositing checks. Also pointed him to the numerous horrible reviews on the internet and google play store. At the end of the hour he said he wanted to do me a favor and have a senior technical support person contact me to make my app functional. Fast forward 2 months and I have yet to be contacted by anyone. I did however receive my check! It is unfortunate that a customer with multimillions of assets at Vanguard who they targeted to survey doesn't seem important enough to follow up. He did say they are aware of and from time to time monitor this forum :oops:
This was a promise that could not be fulfilled from the start. How would they propose to fix your specific app? And if they could do that, why would they withhold the now functional app from the masses?
newenglandpat

Post by newenglandpat »

Cheez-It Guy wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:19 pm
newenglandpat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:04 pm yet another thread about this horrible new app. about 2 months ago Vanguard actually interviewed me paying me $100 for my opinions about my experiences with Vanguard. 75% of the time was taken up by me walking him through my virtually non functional app. It still is not able to display holdings of my self directed traditional and Roth 401k's. I explained the inability to do any transactions in these accounts including the most basic of depositing checks. Also pointed him to the numerous horrible reviews on the internet and google play store. At the end of the hour he said he wanted to do me a favor and have a senior technical support person contact me to make my app functional. Fast forward 2 months and I have yet to be contacted by anyone. I did however receive my check! It is unfortunate that a customer with multimillions of assets at Vanguard who they targeted to survey doesn't seem important enough to follow up. He did say they are aware of and from time to time monitor this forum :oops:
This was a promise that could not be fulfilled from the start. How would they propose to fix your specific app? And if they could do that, why would they withhold the now functional app from the masses?
this is just the latest illustration of how far customer service has fallen especially with a targeted higher wealth customer :oops:

While I am aligned with the truly mutual fund 'ownership' of Vanguard vs all the other players the reality is I will follow the money. When Vanguard discontinued our ability to make periodic tQQQ trades I moved enough of both my wife's and my Roth IRAs to Merrill which netted me $1000 tax free bonus to each account which I was able to double via a tQQQ trade during the pandemic decline last year. I also explained to this guy the difference between trading in/out of leveraged securities all day long vs an occasional trade to take advantage of market conditions. I continued that it is absurd to not allow these trades in which the loss is limited to the $$ invested vs what one can lose with shorting or options trades which are allowed on their platform.
heartwood

Post by heartwood »

I found one good thing with the new Vanguard app: It allows me to do fingerprint logon instead of entering my PW.

But ...

even that is flawed. If I sign into one account (e.g., my LLC account) I can't find the logoff that allows me to change my personal account information. If I close and open the app I get the same fingerprint prompt to the LLC account or a message asking if I want to use my PW, but it too goes to the LLC account.

Like others I find the old Vanguard app was "upgraded" to the Beacon app without my knowledge. I do have 2 icons but both to the same app. So I can use one for my LLC and the other for personal accounts, since each seems to save the last account information.

When I logon to my LLC account I get a message that that type of account is not supported in this app, use your browser. The app for the LLC account does shows a balance, but no transaction history, and does not allow any transactions including mobile check deposit.

I called my rep who consulted tech support who said it should work for my type of account. (see paragraph directly above,it doesn't.)

So I have a check made out to the LLC and have to mail it to El Paso since Fidelity will not take a check made out to the LLC, and the check is over my mobile check deposit limit at BOA.

Wasted over an hour getting to that point, then I needed to logon via browser to print a deposit ticket to mail with the check to El Paso since they don't provide pre-printed tickets anymore. I do have a postpaid mailer to El Paso after some previous problems.

Net time spent on this "homework" to deposit a check, certainly over 90 minutes and I think a lot more.