Home Karaoke Machine

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Bill McNeal

Home Karaoke Machine

Post by Bill McNeal »

Anyone have a sing-along machine at home? The basic ones I've seen on Amazon consist of a portable speaker with a microphone and tablet holder. You can stream from your phone, but do the track vocals get stripped out? How do the words display on the tablet?

Product suggestions and recommendations welcome. I do not need one that connects to a TV.

Re: Home Karaoke Machine

Post by 123 »

There are many karaoke videos on YouTube.com, basically instrumental versions of the songs with lyrics displayed on the screen. You can knock yourself out singing along with a smartphone or a computer.
The closest helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
Trader Joe

Post by Trader Joe »

Bill McNeal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 pm Anyone have a sing-along machine at home? The basic ones I've seen on Amazon consist of a portable speaker with a microphone and tablet holder. You can stream from your phone, but do the track vocals get stripped out? How do the words display on the tablet?

Product suggestions and recommendations welcome. I do not need one that connects to a TV.
Following. Please let me know what you purchase.

I will only purchase from Amazon.com.
rterickson

Post by rterickson »

Back in the day you would buy a stand-alone karaoke DVR that plus into your A/V system and then buy karaoke DVD's separately for the songs and lyrics.

Today, unless your music is pretty obscure, you can likely get by with the YouTube app on your smart TV (or Roku, Fire stick, etc.).
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

Bill McNeal wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 pm Anyone have a sing-along machine at home? The basic ones I've seen on Amazon consist of a portable speaker with a microphone and tablet holder. You can stream from your phone, but do the track vocals get stripped out? How do the words display on the tablet?

Standalone?

Or dependent on internet streaming?

j :D
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know