Soy milk maker suggestion

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
huzaing

Soy milk maker suggestion

Post by huzaing »

Hi,

Are there folks here who use an automatic soy milk maker. I know it can be made without a machine as well, but I am looking to try an automatic option. Apparently there are some where you don't even need to strain?

Does anyone use such a no-strain-needed machine that you can recommend?

Thanks!
Nyc10036

Re: Soy milk maker suggestion

Post by Nyc10036 »

A relative bought one in Taiwan and brought it back.
The machine is completely automated.
Unfortunately, the soy milk it makes does not taste like the ones you can buy in the Asian grocery stores.

The soy milk that come in cartons even the ones sold in Asian grocery stores are completely tasteless.

livelovelaugh00

Post by livelovelaugh00 »

It could be made with Vitamix - one less small appliances.
almostretired1965

Post by almostretired1965 »

I have one that my parents bought around 15 years ago. Pretty easy to use. You soak the beans overnight, place them in a basket, fill the brewer with water and turn the unit on. About 15 minutes later, it is done. My unit however has a defect that causes it to periodically overflow, so I have to watch it when the grinder kicks off. The milk this unit produces seems a bit thinner than the commercial stuff but good enough for me. I use it entirely for savory soy milk, so if that is not your use case, your might feel differently. It is a bit of a pain to clean.

The manufacturer is no longer in business. I would make sure you buy it from a retailer with a good return policy and put it through the cycles a few times to make sure you like it.
Topic Author
huzaing

Post by huzaing »

livelovelaugh00 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:07 pm It could be made with Vitamix - one less small appliances.
Yes, definitely doable - but a lot of messy work in my experience. Was looking for a shortcut :p