Did Not Receive Advance Child Tax Credit

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Rainier

Did Not Receive Advance Child Tax Credit

Post by Rainier »

Is anybody else expecting but did not receive the advance child tax credit?

I believe we are eligible and did not turn them off. On the IRS portal it says "Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time."

I can't figure out why. I filed my 2020 return and already received our refund. We are married filing joint, two kids age 10/11 with AGI about $195k. All the calculators I use say we should be getting $333 per month now and another $2,000 when we file.
lthenderson

Re: Did Not Receive Advance Child Tax Credit

Post by lthenderson »

Did you get your 2020 refund direct deposited or mailed, i.e. do they have your account information to make a direct deposit?

A quick google search shows you aren't the only one getting that message.
Topic Author
Rainier

Post by Rainier »

lthenderson wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:18 am Did you get your 2020 refund direct deposited or mailed, i.e. do they have your account information to make a direct deposit?

A quick google search shows you aren't the only one getting that message.
Direct deposit. The IRS website is showing the correct bank account.
anon_investor

Post by anon_investor »

Rainier wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:08 am Is anybody else expecting but did not receive the advance child tax credit?

I believe we are eligible and did not turn them off. On the IRS portal it says "Pending. You will not receive advance payments at this time."

I can't figure out why. I filed my 2020 return and already received our refund. We are married filing joint, two kids age 10/11 with AGI about $195k. All the calculators I use say we should be getting $333 per month now and another $2,000 when we file.
Did you not qualify under 2019 AGI? When did you file your 2020 return? There is a chance that the IRS is just behind on updating your info.
Aaand...it'sgone

Post by Aaand...it'sgone »

I also did not receive mine, and definitely should (1 child, household income under $100K). We also didn't receive our stimulus checks until March 2020, so I'm wondering if we're just going to have to wait a long time for this to get sorted out too.
Topic Author
Rainier

Post by Rainier »

anon_investor wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:38 am
Rainier wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:08 am Is anybody else expecting but did not receive the advance child tax credit?

Did you not qualify under 2019 AGI? When did you file your 2020 return? There is a chance that the IRS is just behind on updating your info.
I qualify under 2019 and 2020 AGI. I think we filed in March, electronically, and got a speedy refund. I also received the 1st and 2nd stimulus as expected and on time, but did not qualify for anything on the 3rd.