Medicine Ball Size

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
fishmonger

Medicine Ball Size

Post by fishmonger »

So for the last few years (started pre COVID), I've worked to outfit a garage gym - 5-50 dumbbells, power rack, pull up bar, etc. I'm looking to get a medicine ball for a handful of exercises - slams, throws, etc. Looking to get one that would fit most of the exercises, obviously can change volume as necessary.

Thinking about going 20 lbs. I'm 39 years old, 5'8", 170. Reasonably strong for my age and size (bench 230, squat 325). Looking for any feedback out there!
galawdawg

Re: Medicine Ball Size

Post by galawdawg »

Don't be a sissy. Get a 150lb exercise ball. That will make a man out of you. :beer
dsb012

Post by dsb012 »

Get two balls, one specific for slams and a medicine for wall ball, tosses, etc. Both of mine are from Titan Fitness, 20lb slam, 14lb medicine.

I don't bench/squat anywhere near you do, I think you 'd need to go 30 slam and 20 for the medicine.
notBobToo

Post by notBobToo »

And a 10 pounder for medicine ball crunches.
Wade Garrett

Post by Wade Garrett »

dsb012 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:12 am I don't bench/squat anywhere near you do, I think you 'd need to go 30 slam and 20 for the medicine.
I have a 30 lb slam ball and a 20 lb medicine ball for wall balls, tosses, etc. I'm also not as strong as fishmonger. The 20 lb med ball is right for me. The 30 lb slam ball is a little heavy..... 25 lbs is what I probably should've gotten.
"I'm not an inventor. I'm an improver. I see things that are wrong, and I improve them." - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm