metro Denver Bogleheads?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
LucyB

Re: metro Denver Bogleheads?

Post by LucyB »

I would be interested.
The above comments are merely an expression of personal opinion and should not be considered advice in any form—tax, legal, financial or otherwise.
amorris101

Post by amorris101 »

I, too, am interested.
4th and Inches

Post by 4th and Inches »

I would be interested in attending in Denver.
5280Tim

Post by 5280Tim »

I’m interested, I live in Stapleton.
Colorado Guy

Post by Colorado Guy »

el47 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:51 pm ...please respond if you would be interested in attending meetings and I will volunteer to be the chapter coordinator if there is enough interest. Thanks!
Dependent upon location, yes, I would be interested (am west of the Metro area). If you are starting this, what is the format you are thinking of?
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Can't believe the Denver Local Chapter never got off the ground with so much expressed interest. That could change now that someone (el47) has stepped up and agreed to be the Local Chapter Coordinator.

Let's get this Chapter up and running!
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
5280Tim

Post by 5280Tim »

How often are the meet-ups? Could we alternate between Lone Tree & Broomfield every other one?
Smartbutnotenough

Post by Smartbutnotenough »

I'm in as well
el47

Post by el47 »

Colorado Guy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:10 pm
el47 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:51 pm ...please respond if you would be interested in attending meetings and I will volunteer to be the chapter coordinator if there is enough interest. Thanks!
Dependent upon location, yes, I would be interested (am west of the Metro area). If you are starting this, what is the format you are thinking of?
Hi Colorado Guy, I am open to any suggestions on the format for the meetings! I plan to connect with other chapter coordinators soon to find out what works and what doesn't and we, as a group, can decide how we want to initially run things.
el47

Post by el47 »

5280Tim wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:36 am How often are the meet-ups? Could we alternate between Lone Tree & Broomfield every other one?
I do like the idea of alternating locations as long as the turnout is good and the same goes with meeting frequency. We can meet quarterly or even monthly if enough people show up.

I'm excited to see there's interest in getting together!
Wilbery

Post by Wilbery »

I’m interested in joining.
Colorado Guy

Post by Colorado Guy »

el47 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 pm Hi Colorado Guy, I am open to any suggestions on the format for the meetings! I plan to connect with other chapter coordinators soon to find out what works and what doesn't and we, as a group, can decide how we want to initially run things.
Since discovering Bogleheads, I have wondered why there wasn't a local chapter as well. I think you have the right approach in checking with the other chapter coordinators. I have attended a few zoom type calls (from other locales) this way on specific topics of interest, but there was limited interaction (more of a presentation style). For in-person meetings, you may want to consider the libraries often have meeting rooms for use by the public for no (?) charge.

If you ask each of us our preferences, you would get a dozen or more answers, some very specific on investment options, side business, SS/Medicare, DIY projects, exploring Colorado in a Boglehead fashion, etc. Not too heavy, please. Of course, the more specific the topic, the fewer people who will be attracted. For some meetings, it would be good to hear from all, both the introverts and the extraverts, what's worked and what's not worked. I don't want to hear time-share pitches, though.

Personally, I am still working out the details on this concept called "retirement", bike rides, hiking, DIY projects, etc. Would like to explore some rewarding volunteer work. Much to enjoy here in Colorado.
grainne

Post by grainne »

Appreciate the efforts to get a local Colorado chapter going!
I would be interested in attending. I could make North metro meetings, but understand and cheer on folks who need to stick to South metro options. Maybe rotate? Maybe Golden for a meeting or two?

Thanks and best wishes!
Dave55

Post by Dave55 »

I'm in too.

Dave
"Reality always wins, your only job is to get in touch with it." Wilford Bion