Non-fungible tokens (NFTs): anyone investing in those?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
gasman

Re: Non-fungible tokens (NFTs): anyone investing in those?

Post by gasman »

I want to start a fund that invests in Fungible tokens.
decapod10

Post by decapod10 »

Scooter57 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm Here is a question for someone who is better educated in blockchain than I am.

Our major family business is one that sells products that are highly collectible and we have an enthusiastic group of collectors, many of whom appear to be very well off younger guys in tech. So it seems obvious to me that we should be SELLING NFT jpgs while we can. (We have the ability to make very high quality .jpgs of images that would interest our collectors.)

I've read various sites that detail how to create and sell NFT artwork and looked at a couple, but I know that I don't know enough to do this properly.

Can any of you point me to a community of people who discuss the mechanics of creating and selling NFT artwork, where there would be discussion about which sites are the best places to create and auction, which are the best wallets for dealing with these sites, which are the best exchanges for cashing in cryptocurrency, etc before we test the waters.

Any tips would be appreciated. When people are getting carried away with this kind of fad you want to be on the selling side, not the buying and trading side.
Discord and Twitter are where all the NFT discussion is happening. Probably the best thing to do would be to figure out if there is a Discord server that fits your needs, though most of the ones I know are on the collector side. They are very knowledgeable, but may not be particularly interested in helping you sell NFTs.

Edit: Maybe the Token Smart Discord server might be a good place to start
decapod10

Post by decapod10 »

humbledinvestor wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:24 pm Can the bubble burst already?
There's already been a crash to some degree, certainly there's not as much of a craze as there was 2 months ago.
Scooter57

Post by Scooter57 »

decapod10 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:29 pm
Scooter57 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm Here is a question for someone who is better educated in blockchain than I am.

Our major family business is one that sells products that are highly collectible and we have an enthusiastic group of collectors, many of whom appear to be very well off younger guys in tech. So it seems obvious to me that we should be SELLING NFT jpgs while we can. (We have the ability to make very high quality .jpgs of images that would interest our collectors.)

I've read various sites that detail how to create and sell NFT artwork and looked at a couple, but I know that I don't know enough to do this properly.

Can any of you point me to a community of people who discuss the mechanics of creating and selling NFT artwork, where there would be discussion about which sites are the best places to create and auction, which are the best wallets for dealing with these sites, which are the best exchanges for cashing in cryptocurrency, etc before we test the waters.

Any tips would be appreciated. When people are getting carried away with this kind of fad you want to be on the selling side, not the buying and trading side.
Discord and Twitter are where all the NFT discussion is happening. Probably the best thing to do would be to figure out if there is a Discord server that fits your needs, though most of the ones I know are on the collector side. They are very knowledgeable, but may not be particularly interested in helping you sell NFTs.

Edit: Maybe the Token Smart Discord server might be a good place to start
Thanks. I'll check it out.
decapod10

Post by decapod10 »

SlowMovingInvestor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:40 pm
decapod10 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:37 pm
SlowMovingInvestor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:47 pm Is Ebay involved in the NFT market at all ? I know they sell physical objects such as minted coins related to blockchain tokens, but actual NFT tokens ?
Not to my knowledge, unless they have a stake in one of these other NFT marketplaces.
I wonder if it makes sense to buy a little Ebay stock, then wait for it to announce that it'll move into NFTs, and sell when it pops because of that. If that doesn't happen, no biggie, Ebay is a decent hold.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/ebay ... 021-05-03/

There's the announcement you were looking for!
SlowMovingInvestor

Post by SlowMovingInvestor »

decapod10 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:28 pm
SlowMovingInvestor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:40 pm
decapod10 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:37 pm
SlowMovingInvestor wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:47 pm Is Ebay involved in the NFT market at all ? I know they sell physical objects such as minted coins related to blockchain tokens, but actual NFT tokens ?
Not to my knowledge, unless they have a stake in one of these other NFT marketplaces.
I wonder if it makes sense to buy a little Ebay stock, then wait for it to announce that it'll move into NFTs, and sell when it pops because of that. If that doesn't happen, no biggie, Ebay is a decent hold.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/ebay ... 021-05-03/

There's the announcement you were looking for!
Yes, but I didn't follow through and buy Ebay prior to the announcement, alas :happy
Portfolio: 50% DOGE, 10% SPACs, 10% Frozen OJ futures, 10% MOON ETF, 10% NFTs , 5% FOMO ETF, 5% New Jersey Delis with $100M market cap :)