"John C. Bogle: Renaissance Money Manager for the People and More"

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

"John C. Bogle: Renaissance Money Manager for the People and More"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

Below is a link to one of the best articles I have read about our forum's namesake. It was written by Ralph Nader a short time after Jack's death. I hope you like it.

John C. Bogle: Renaissance Money Manager for the People and More

Best wishes
Taylor
Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom: “If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands down choice should be Jack Bogle."
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
Fallible

Re: "John C. Bogle: Renaissance Money Manager for the People and More"

Post by Fallible »

Of all the tributes to Jack, this is one I remember especially well because it covers the many extraordinary aspects of his personality and character. I like the references to his book, Enough: True Measures of Money, Business and Life, which "ranged far beyond index funds and shareholders." And the Philadelphia Inquirer writing that he was “less interested in counting than in what counts.”

Oh, and I also like the reference to the Bogleheads. :happy

Thanks for posting, Taylor.
"Yes, investing is simple. But it is not easy, for it requires discipline, patience, steadfastness, and that most uncommon of all gifts, common sense." ~Jack Bogle
whereskyle

Post by whereskyle »

Taylor Larimore wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:23 am Bogleheads:

Below is a link to one of the best articles I have read about our forum's namesake. It was written by Ralph Nader a short time after Jack's death. I hope you like it.

John C. Bogle: Renaissance Money Manager for the People and More

Best wishes
Taylor
Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom: “If a statue is ever erected to honor the person who has done the most for American investors, the hands down choice should be Jack Bogle."
Hear, Hear!
"I am better off than he is – for he knows nothing and thinks that he knows. I neither know nor think that I know." - Socrates. "Nobody knows nothing." - Jack Bogle
wesgreen

Post by wesgreen »

One of my heroes about another one - so glad to see this, Taylor. Thanks!
Triple digit golfer

Post by Triple digit golfer »

That article is fantastic. He was a true hero.
Stinky

Post by Stinky »

I especially like the last paragraph of the article:

Now is the time for his family, friends, and Bogleheads to plan a series of living memorials to this great and resourceful man, so that his legacy is more than a memory but an ongoing foray into the future that he so fervently wanted to become realities.

I feel that this Forum is a “living memorial” to Mr Bogle, with so many folks offering their opinions and expertise to others who are seeking guidance.
It's a GREAT day to be alive! - Travis Tritt
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

Excellent article on our mentor Jack Bogle! Investors would be wise to consider his example and advice.

Tony
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."