H&R Block Deluxe opening 'Internet Explorer' for data import - how to change browser?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
F150HD

H&R Block Deluxe opening 'Internet Explorer' for data import - how to change browser?

Post by F150HD »

Windows 10 (fully updated)

HRB software is opening Internet Explorer to import data. Where and how do I change the browser it opens to import data?

Chrome is already the default system browser I use that I would like to set it to.

I don't think IE is even supported anymore and I haven't used it since....???

Have been searching online, cannot see where to change the default browser its calling up.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by F150HD on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lthenderson

Re: H&R Block Deluxe opening 'Internet Explorer' for data import - how to change browser?

Post by lthenderson »

Is the data being imported correctly? Why the concern over which browser HRB uses? Since PC's come standard with IE, I imagine that is why it is automatically chosen for the time being. Internet Explorer is supported until August of this year. I suspect next year HRB will probably be using Edge.
Topic Author
F150HD

Re: H&R Block Deluxe opening 'Internet Explorer' for data import - how to change browser?

Post by F150HD »

lthenderson wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:48 am Is the data being imported correctly? Why the concern over which browser HRB uses? Since PC's come standard with IE, I imagine that is why it is automatically chosen for the time being. Internet Explorer is supported until August of this year. I suspect next year HRB will probably be using Edge.
Thanks.

I thought (?) IE was discontinued and no longer supported for some reason; and as I never use it (?) I have no way of knowing if its updated.

so I uninstalled IE (never use it etc) now HRB does 'nothing' when clicking to sign in and import data.

Need to figure out how to use a different browser and not 'IE'.