What is so special about the Toyota Tacoma?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
nerd86

Post by nerd86 »

Versus a Sierra 1500 or a Silverado? Is there a reason they are prices as high as they are?

What staples do they have over a domestic truck?

Tacoma TRD Pro in particular.
Normchad

Re: What is so special about the Toyota Tacoma?

Post by Normchad »

Really, I have no idea.

It's the only vehicle I've ever seen that sells for more used than new. It's just weird......
Kenkat

Post by Kenkat »

Perceived and/or actual reliability. You find out the perceived/actual part 10+ years from now, but history favors the Toyota.
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

I’ve sat in one. Im skinny but 6’ 0”. Not comfortable. Felt cramped. But the cool kids do drive them.
runner3081

Post by runner3081 »

Reliability. Otherwise, it is a washed up truck in sore need of a redesign.
Workaholic

Post by Workaholic »

nerd86 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:54 pm Versus a Sierra 1500 or a Silverado? Is there a reason they are prices as high as they are?

Nothing.

Outdated, uncomfortable, and overpriced.
DoubleComma

Post by DoubleComma »

nerd86 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:54 pm Versus a Sierra 1500 or a Silverado? Is there a reason they are prices as high as they are?

Absolutely nothing.

I’m a lifelong GM truck owner, mostly 2500 Duramax, but in the past few years I no longer needed to HD Towing of the Duramax. Over the summer, when I bought a new truck, I consciously decided to do a full search and not blindly just buy another GM.

Gotta say I fully expected to end up with my first Toyota after all the hype, more Tundra than Tacoma. I looked at dozens of trucks; full size 150/1500, 250/2500 and mid-size as well. The Toyota was not the best choice for me, in fact as much as I loved the new Chevy I ended up with a Ram 1500. Six months later absolutely zero regrets.

I share because I think there is a little to much blind loyalty to Toyota in the same way I was to GM. Go drive them all, I think you make a decision on what’s best for you and not what “everyone” thinks is best.
yukonjack

Post by yukonjack »

For what it’s worth Consumer Reports doesn’t think much of it and hasn’t for many years but I do see a lot of them on the road. My guess is the look is popular.
birdog

Post by birdog »

The Ford F150 is the most popular vehicle among millionaires according to The Millionaire Next Door.
HoosierMike

Post by HoosierMike »

Surprised no one has mentioned Honda RIDGELINE. I've owned a 2009 Ridgeline for last 7 years. Love it. It's a truck for a guy who really doesn't need a truck! Comfortable, quiet, nice ride on a Pilot frame; decent mileage, and good Honda quality. Mine has 98,000 miles with no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. Does not leak any fluid; AC still runs good; transmission is fine. The under bed storage bin is ideal for my golf clubs, shoes, etc and is lockable. I may buy a new one if I live long enough :D
OnTrack2020

Post by OnTrack2020 »

We have owned 2 Tacomas---a 2005 which we recently passed down to our son and now a 2018. We're thinking our son can get another 100k miles (I think there's around 160k+ miles on it now) out of it if he pays attention to the maintenance. My husband won't look at anything else, and he's over 60. I should add that, at one point, we had 5 Toyota vehicles parked in our driveway.

I like the older Tacoma that we had--it seemed a little roomier. The newer model we have I feel really cramped in--like the "walls" are caving in--but I don't drive it, so there's no bother. The 2005 was extremely dependable and, so far, no issues with the 2018. Of course, husband is now retired and not driving anywhere, so the mileage is pretty low.

If I had my choice, I would look at a Tundra--they seem to have much more room that the Tacoma.
iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 »

The most appropriate GM comparison vehicle is the Colorado, not the Silverado / 1500.

And they're pretty close in price: $26,150 base price on the Tacoma versus $26,395 on the Colorado. For mid-level trim in crew cab, 4x4, with the V6 engine option, the Tacoma lists at $35,305, while Colorado is $33,295. Probably part of that could be attributed to different features included in each trim package.

That said, Chevy is currently offering bigger incentives, and definitely sells for less used.
yukonjack wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 pm For what it’s worth Consumer Reports doesn’t think much of it and hasn’t for many years but I do see a lot of them on the road. My guess is the look is popular.
The look is popular, they offer a lot of different configurations (including a 6' bed with the crew cab) and trim packages, but at least as important is the historical brand reputation for reliability and utility.

Availability is also a factor. The compact and midsize pickup market has been inconsistently served and marketed to over the years. The Tacoma has been continuously on the market for 25 years since the name was introduced, and its predecessors for decades before that. The 22R engine that powered them for quite a few years has been a bit of a minor legend. Although that engine is no longer relevant, it is still part of Toyota's overall historical reputation.

Dodge ended production of the Dakota in 2011, and was absent from the market until introducing the Jeep Gladiator in 2019.

I believe the Chevrolet S10/Colorado had a short gap from 2012 to 2014, and GM let their reliability reputation suffer for several years.

Ford dropped the Ranger from the US market after 2011 and didn't reintroduce it until 2019. I test drove it and liked the handling, but parts of it felt cheap (a heavy duty bedliner will be a must if I buy one).

The Nissan Frontier and predecessors have been continually on the market for quite a while, but I don't think has ever really stood out relative to their peers, and have been held back by infrequent updates.

Honda only entered the pickup market in 2004, and certainly has a good product in its own right, but the minivan roots mean different pros and cons compared to its competition, leading it to appeal to a slightly different market.

Pickups sales in particular seem to benefit from brand loyalty. Dropping out of the market for a few years forces loyal customers to try something else, so the Tacoma's continuous presence made it sort of the default mid-size.

That is likely changing now. Ford has a decent new (to the US market) Ranger that has been reviewed well, and a completely redesigned successor coming in a year or two. The current Colorado is a good performer. The Gladiator looks like it has garnered interest in the outdoor activities side of the market by sharing aesthetics with the ever-popular Wrangler. And the Ridgeline continues to gain acceptance.

That's a big increase in competition. I think the pricing scene will be changing soon.
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

I like Ford trucks and I guess I'm not the only one. I've heard they sell a few every year. But Toyota is not the worst truck on the market until the last employee shuts off the lights at Nissan.
tdmp

Post by tdmp »

real and perceived reliability, not the same but closely associated with Toyota Hilux: "Killing a Toyota" (probably should've been titled "can't kill a toyota"). when you can drown a truck for hours in water and still starts: just kinda' hard to beat. due to chicken tax: hilux are not imported to the USA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk
N10sive

Post by N10sive »

The Tacoma’s of the 90’s and early 2000’s was the truck you could use as a daily driver yet still have the functionality of a truck. Then you were also able to get 200k+ miles out of the truck with just regular maintenance. This established a large fan base of the truck and has continued to the new ones.

The 2005-2015 trucks were also nice but got larger. Dependeability was still there.

The new 3rd gen 2016+ there is questions about dependability but won’t know for years. Toyota has such a fan base of Tacoma’s they haven’t had to update the Tacoma to compete. However now with the ranger and Colorado there is some competition. Hopefully Toyota revamps the Tacoma.

Also you can save money buy getting a sr5 model and adding better parts for it to be like the Pro model.
AerialWombat

Post by AerialWombat »

Just like with Subarus, there is a “Tacoma culture” in the Rocky Mountain and PNW regions. Maybe other parts of the country, too, I don’t know. Very similar to Subaru culture. Smaller trucks that get you where you want to go. Perfect for truck camping (with a shell, not a camper). “Legendary reliability.” They even have gatherings.

Back when I lived in my car, I was so jealous of the cool people I knew that lived in Tacomas.
Helodriver

Post by Helodriver »

What is special about mine is definitely the reliability.
I change all the fluids regularly and put new tires on it occasionally. Other than that it has been twelve years of hard use. With no mechanical issues. It has spent more time on gravel and dirt than on pavement. It just keeps going.

I have owned Fords and have used GMC Dodge and Chevy trucks as company vehicles on logging roads and on forestry jobs and fires. In my experience the reliability just isn't the same.
froman118

Post by froman118 »

HoosierMike wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 pm Surprised no one has mentioned Honda RIDGELINE. I've owned a 2009 Ridgeline for last 7 years. Love it. It's a truck for a guy who really doesn't need a truck! Comfortable, quiet, nice ride on a Pilot frame; decent mileage, and good Honda quality. Mine has 98,000 miles with no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. Does not leak any fluid; AC still runs good; transmission is fine. The under bed storage bin is ideal for my golf clubs, shoes, etc and is lockable. I may buy a new one if I live long enough :D
Had a 2005 Tacoma for almost 13 years. I'm in a 2018 Ridgeline now. It was a 4 cylinder 2WD Access Cab SR5 I paid around $18.5k before tax for and traded it in for $8.5k. Fluids, batteries and tires only on my low 80k miles so my cost of ownership was pretty low.
vested1

Post by vested1 »

These responses, including mine, are obviously anecdotal.

I put nearly 1 million miles on company 4wd Ford trucks in my 31 year career with megacorp. The Fords were reliable but off road use in extremely remote areas resulted in frequent repairs. They got me out of a lot of tough spots, driving through/over landslides, and up dirt roads only a goat could climb on the west coast. I would have hated to have to pay for all those repairs.

I owned a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 for 19 years as well, which cured me from ever wanting to own another. Chevy has a policy of denying they have a problem which should qualify for a recall. My truck had the well documented problem of running out of gas on a full tank, subsequently losing power steering and brakes, sometimes on the freeway. That was because of a cheap fuel sensor in the gas tank that chevy installed to save a few bucks and which was not granted a recall. The cost to repair it was around $900 in 2008 when mine failed. Chronic issues with running lights not illuminating even with good bulbs were frustrating. You could tell if it was a Chevy at the time because of dark running lights on one side or the other, front and back. There were also tailgate issues caused by cheap materials which rendered the latch inoperable. When I traded it in in 2019 for my 2012 Tacoma they gave me $2,500 for the Sierra, mainly due to cosmetic issues with the paint. The 2012 Tacoma I traded for was 22k.

My wife drove a company provided Chevy Colorado at work for years and it was constantly in the shop, even though she rarely drove off the pavement.

When I retired from megacorp I was issued a Tacoma 4wd as my company vehicle for my new employer. I was amazed at the increase in sturdiness, running off road to remote cell sites on ridiculously rough roads in all kinds of weather with confidence. The ride was a bit stiffer but I'll trade beefiness for comfort any day when safety matters. I put around 40k a year on those Tacomas with zero problems.

I still own that 2012 Tacoma club cab 4wd with a 6 foot bed in retirement. Solid as a rock with 106k miles on it and driving like a new truck. I will never own another Ford or Chevy truck, mainly because I'll be dead before my Tacoma wears out. After that, one of my kids will drive it until the wheels fall off.
mokaThought

Post by mokaThought »

I own a 2011 Tacoma with the TRD Sport package with about 112k miles. It's never broken down on me, and the 4WD has worked well through some serious snow storms. If I had to do it again, I'd shell out the extra $3,000 for the double cab, full-length bed rather than the "access cab" (backwards-swinging rear door) just because I'm now married with four kids.
70% stocks — 63% US TSM (VTI, 401k funds); 27% ex-US (IDEV, EMXC, FRDM); 10% REIT (FREL) | 30% bonds — TSP G Fund, TSP F Fund. Too conservative? It's my emergency fund. USN 2007–2014.
megabad

Post by megabad »

Basically no competition in the small truck segment and reliability. I am a lifelong GM truck driver, and I will admit there is no comparison when it comes to reliability. My best friend has 20 year old Tacoma with 200k plus miles. He has done basically nothing to it. At similar age/mileage I have had to replace nearly everything on my Chevy except the engine. Only reasons I don’t own Toyo trucks is that they are too small and too expensive for me. The tundra is a better deal IMO but I can’t find hardly any used inventory on them.
Ramjet

Post by Ramjet »

It has to be reliability, right? Toyota has been by far the most reliable vehicle brand I have ever owned
caponicus

Post by caponicus »

I bought a new Tacoma Pro last year and love it. Traded in a Nissan Rogue.
1. Enjoy the drive of a truck, higher up and stiffer suspension. Safer. This applies to any truck though. Due to parking size concerns I decided for a midsize pickup.
2. Tacoma Pro was chosen based on exterior styling, interior comfort, reliability and resale value. The drive is fine for me and I am not tall. I test drove the Colorado and the Ranger and the Tacoma was much better for me. Plus, push button start wasn’t available on the others and for whatever reason that really bothered me.
3. Resale value of a Pro is higher than buying an SR5 or Sport and and DIY upgrading. Plus I dont have the time or know-how to do my own upgrades.
4. I dont think the coming electric truck market will impact value. Different price point.
5. Mostly, it just resonated with me. I never loved my vehicle before this one.
ponyboy

Post by ponyboy »

I have a 2008 toyota tacoma. Still works fine. Nothing too special about that year. Just bare bones, no bells or whistles. Just works.
Wellfleet

Post by Wellfleet »

More specific to the 4Runner TRD Pro, but it has a upgraded suspension and other mechanical improvements that improve its off road capability.

I helped my dad shop the two and while he wanted a Chevy and has gone back and forth over the years in ownership- actually every other truck going back to the 80s, we found the Chevy sales model more annoying than Toyota this year. Chevy had endless options and pricing tricks while Toyota seemed a little simpler.
augryphon

Post by augryphon »

have owned several F-150's and also a 2011 Tacoma, there are several advantages:

1. Resale Value is high, that almost closes the deal in itself.
2. Reliability is fantastic for any Toyota
3. It is a smaller footprint than a full-size Ford or Chevy, i.e. it fits in the garage and is easily maneuvered in tight places
4. Ford and Chevy failed to build a mid-sized truck with a cool factor. The Colorado looks like Great Grandpa's truck, and Ford wasn't even in the space.
5. Most of us don't really need a full sized pickup, a mid-sized works just fine.
6. If I were buying a pickup today a Tacoma would be my first look.
brokendirtdart

Post by brokendirtdart »

To be fair, you're comparing apples and walnuts.

Full size half ton trucks can be found affordable from all three big brands. Every one of those will be more capable than the smaller Tacoma.

The TRD Pro is a mid size and their "top of the line" midsize at that. It has all sorts of suspension and appearance mods straight from the factory. it is an $18K price increase from the base MSRP.

Tacomas have a lot of perceived value for being versatile and reliable mid sized trucks. That draws in the fans and keeps the prices high.

I have a 2008 Tacoma TRD Off Road with almost 160K miles on it. I've upgraded the suspension to make it more capable, and it has lived in 7 different states since I bought it. It has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, and the only time I miss the full size is when I move.

While I like the Tacomas, I personally wouldn't buy the current gen with its engine/transmission combo. I would probably pick up a Ram 1500 instead. but, since my 2008 is trouble free(knocks on wood here), I'm not shopping for a truck now.
ClevrChico

Post by ClevrChico »

Its ancestor was in Back to the Future. I wanted one ever since! (But, was too expensive even used for this kid.)

Now that I'd older and wiser, I'd just probably get a small trailer if I needed to occasionally haul things.
Conch55

Post by Conch55 »

I have often wondered the same thing. In fact I am still wondering about it 18 years into my Tacoma purchase. It's been reliable, good off-road and not full size. All important points for me.
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

If you're looking at a used one and it's in the years of the frame replacement recall, be sure that's already been done. The Toyota dealer will indeed replace the entire frame for free, but anything that's not up to par will be required to be addressed. So expect to pay out of pocket for motor/trans mounts, a new exhaust system and be pressured to replace shocks. One of my coworkers had his done and his free frame replacement cost him $3k when all was said and done. That said, he now has a very well sorted, old pickup.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
ncbill

Post by ncbill »

Outdated design, sure.

Cheap to lease, though:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/toyota-j ... 06422/3805
Elsebet

Post by Elsebet »

We own a 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport and we're very happy with it. My dad had a Toyota 4 Runner for a long time so when it was time for us to get a truck I went with Toyota. We're very happy with it. My husband drives it to work now since I'm remote due to COVID and I miss getting to drive it. It is comfortable enough for both of us. Long trips of 3+ hours are uncomfortable but for me that is due to using a standing desk and sitting for long periods of time just makes me sore regardless of what kind of seat I'm in. We don't take trips like that very often thankfully.
"...the man who adapts himself to his slender means and makes himself wealthy on a little sum, is the truly rich man..." ~Seneca
6bquick

Post by 6bquick »

It's the only truck made anymore available with a manual transmission, which is why it is in my top 3 candidates for replacement of my existing truck when it dies.
destinationnc

Post by destinationnc »

I'm excited to see how the Tesla Cybertruck will disrupt the truck market.
staustin

Post by staustin »

2014 Tacoma.. hundred thousand hard miles. I've replaced the brakes, tires, wipers and put gas in it.. ride and fit today like when brand new.

I wouldn't own anything else.
Workaholic

Post by Workaholic »

destinationnc wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm I'm excited to see how the Tesla Cybertruck will disrupt the truck market.
It won't. The Cybertruck is more of a niche vehicle than it is a competitor to the normal F-150, Silverado, Ram trucks.
Sandtrap

Post by Sandtrap »

The Toyota Tacoma lineage is the stuff of legends.
Stories have been told and forgotten, then remembered and retold through millennia.

The Story of Blue Betsy
(picture is not actually of Blue Betsy but pretty close).

Blue Betsy, a Toyota Pickup Truck (pre tacoma), originally owned by a fireman friend for over 15 years in a high salt tropical climate. He bought her brand new for several thousand dollars.
Mileage 180k to unknown. Rusted floor, leaked. Rusted roof, leaked (water drained out of floor so fine).
Radiator had no fins but did not leak or overheat.
R4 4 cylinder engine, standard shift, zero extras. Never needed an overhaul
Blue Betsy has original clutch and drivetrain. No repairs done or needed. Ran great.

Blue Betsy was given to me by my old best friend as an "extra car" for free. I drove Betsy for years.
My son learned how to drive on Blue Betsy, then drove Blue Betsy to school every day for several years, then gave Blue Betsy back to me after buying a VW Golf.

I drove Blue Betsy for awhile then finally sold Blue Betsy to a nice retired Carpenter fellow for $800 in cash.
I had put in zero repairs except for some Bondo and blue spray paint and a set of new tires in the entire time I had Blue Betsy.

I would like to think that Blue Betsy has been restored and is still on the road in some far off exotic land on a quest.

Blue Betsy:
Wiki Bogleheads Wiki: Everything You Need to Know
OnceARunner

Post by OnceARunner »

caponicus wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:37 am I bought a new Tacoma Pro last year and love it. Traded in a Nissan Rogue.

2. Tacoma Pro was chosen based on exterior styling, interior comfort, reliability and resale value. The drive is fine for me and I am not tall. I test drove the Colorado and the Ranger and the Tacoma was much better for me. Plus, push button start wasn’t available on the others and for whatever reason that really bothered me.
Not sure whoever you bought the truck from was shooting straight with you. The push button start is available on the TRD Sport and TRD Off-Road in addition to the Pro. Both of those trim levels are significantly cheaper than the Pro.

But you wouldn't have gotten the exterior stylings so that may have been worth it to you.
atxbkpk

Post by atxbkpk »

2008 Tacoma owner with 172+k miles. I agree the comfort isn't the greatest during a long drive. But the trade-off is that I can drive it 8 hours to a National Park, off-road camp for a few days, and drive it home without a second thought as to whether I will make it back.

Two separate times I have taken it to two separate dealers for maintenance and received calls a few days later from a tech and a mechanic asking me to keep their number and let them know if I ever want to sell it. One told me he is already seeing some trucks in my generation still going strong with 400K miles. The other offered me $14k. I bought the truck (TRD Sport) with 20k miles in 2010 for $23K. Turned him down.

I never thought this would be a vehicle I would fall for, as I've owned some pretty cool cars. I went with it for reliability when, as a younger man in my 20's I had used Audi literally deplete my meager savings right out of college due to a string of expensive repairs. I casually look from time to time but just can't seem to pull the trigger on anything else.
JD2775

Post by JD2775 »

2013 Tacoma here, TRD Off Road, 85k miles. Love it. I used to drive it a lot but I hardly drive anymore because I have worked from home full time the last 2 years, but its paid off, reliable and great on road trips/mild offroading. No other midsize compares IMO. Full size is another story, but they really shouldn't be compared anyway
hi_there

Post by hi_there »

I am not a "truck person" nor have I owned a truck before. But anyway, I'm looking at the features on some new trucks, particularly the Ford F150, which is very impressive. However, a lot of the upgrades over the previous model just seem like too much, and are probably meant to primarily add items to the checklist of features and upgrades over the competition.

Again, I am not saying I understand the truck buying process, but I can understand that if you want to buy a truck for utility, perhaps you want to keep things as simple as possible, while fulfilling your major objective. Hence, the reason why people buy Toyota vehicles for the most part.
iamlucky13

Post by iamlucky13 »

hi_there wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:21 pmI'm looking at the features on some new trucks, particularly the Ford F150, which is very impressive. However, a lot of the upgrades over the previous model just seem like too much, and are probably meant to primarily add items to the checklist of features and upgrades over the competition.
It's gotten excessive in my opinion. When I test drove a Ranger, the lane departure feature literally tried to stop me from hugging the line during turns. And my wife asked me if I would get one with heated seats!

Forget all that and just fix the absurdly thin sheet metal chosen for the bed. The trunk pan on my Civic feels sturdier than the Ranger's bed, and most people don't haul potentially damaging things like firewood in a Civic (I'm not most people, though)
baconavocado

Post by baconavocado »

staustin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm 2014 Tacoma.. hundred thousand hard miles. I've replaced the brakes, tires, wipers and put gas in it.. ride and fit today like when brand new.

No oil/filter change in 100K miles?
baconavocado

Post by baconavocado »

That's it. Toyota = quality. American car brands are disposable junk, IMO, although they have improved over the years. I wonder if they ever would have improved though, if not for competition from foreign brands. In the 1980s when Japanese cars really started taking a large chunk out of the car market, American car brands would try to shame Japanese car buyers by saying you were unpatriotic, not a "true American" if you didn't buy an American brand. That's when they lost me for life.
phxjcc

Post by phxjcc »

1. Supply << demand

Period.

I don't fit now, but I don't know what happened since I fit fine in the gen 1 regular cab.
I think it is the "anti submarine" knee bolsters; I cannot work the pedals without cork screwing my right leg.
6'4"; 34 inseam.

ALL variations of the platform, by the way....Taco, 4Runner, GX--all flavors.
I think I am outside the 90th percentile design target.
hudson

Post by hudson »

I had a Tacoma for 18 years. I never took it back to a dealership for anything. It just ran. Local mechanics fixed minor problems with air conditioning and dash controls. It ran for years past the warranty expiration before I had to deal with anything.
I replaced it with a Tundra which is just as reliable....after 8 years. I would have kept driving the Tacoma but I needed a back seat for kids. I'm on my 4th Toyota product...all are good.
Ykcor

Post by Ykcor »

HoosierMike wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 pm Surprised no one has mentioned Honda RIDGELINE. I've owned a 2009 Ridgeline for last 7 years. Love it. It's a truck for a guy who really doesn't need a truck! Comfortable, quiet, nice ride on a Pilot frame; decent mileage, and good Honda quality. Mine has 98,000 miles with no mechanical issues other than routine maintenance. Does not leak any fluid; AC still runs good; transmission is fine. The under bed storage bin is ideal for my golf clubs, shoes, etc and is lockable. I may buy a new one if I live long enough :D
New updated Ridgeline coming out this spring. Will be more trucklike in appearance. Also updated Nissan Frontier due to come out in next few weeks.
OldBallCoach

Post by OldBallCoach »

I think they are much like my LandCruisers...VERY boring and vanilla and they are trouble free,,,at about 350,000 miles you actually get kinda tired of them. So ya go buy another one.
hicabob

Post by hicabob »

OldBallCoach wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:26 pm I think they are much like my LandCruisers...VERY boring and vanilla and they are trouble free,,,at about 350,000 miles you actually get kinda tired of them. So ya go buy another one.
That's true. My daily is currently a 2008 Tacoma I've had since new. I gave my nice car to my daughter with the intent of getting a fancy replacement but the Tacoma just works, and works , and works .... It does leave something to be desired on 12 hour road trips though.
H-Town

Post by H-Town »

staustin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm 2014 Tacoma.. hundred thousand hard miles. I've replaced the brakes, tires, wipers and put gas in it.. ride and fit today like when brand new.

2014 is too new :twisted: Come back in 20 years and if you still keep it, maybe I'll be impressed. :mrgreen:

jk