iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
User avatar
lthenderson
Posts: 5290
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by lthenderson »

I got my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and spent this morning transferring from my iPhone 6s. I thought I was going to hate how big it was since the screen size was increasing from 4.7 to 6.7 inches but in reality the phone body was maybe a half inch longer than my 6s. The nixing of the home button and shrinking of the bezel made up the rest of the screen size difference. It is definitely fast and I have yet to charge it after a day's use. With the 6s, I could go about half a day before it was completely drained and that was even with the two year old battery. I was also impressed with how easy it was to transfer stuff. I just sat them next to each other on my desk and in less than five minutes it was done. Gone are the days of having to restore it from iTunes after first spending two hours updating iTunes and the phone IOS to the latest software possible.
Impatience
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Impatience »

I got a base model 12. Very happy so far after having used an X for a few years. If you’re planning on keeping it for that long I think you’ll be very satisfied with the pro/max 12 especially after the 6. It’s going to be blazing fast and the screen is a beauty. 5G is mostly a non factor now but hopefully that will change ... IMO the screen quality and processor alone make it.
Leesbro63
Posts: 6810
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Leesbro63 »

lthenderson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm I got my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and spent this morning transferring from my iPhone 6s. I thought I was going to hate how big it was since the screen size was increasing from 4.7 to 6.7 inches but in reality the phone body was maybe a half inch longer than my 6s. The nixing of the home button and shrinking of the bezel made up the rest of the screen size difference. It is definitely fast and I have yet to charge it after a day's use. With the 6s, I could go about half a day before it was completely drained and that was even with the two year old battery. I was also impressed with how easy it was to transfer stuff. I just sat them next to each other on my desk and in less than five minutes it was done. Gone are the days of having to restore it from iTunes after first spending two hours updating iTunes and the phone IOS to the latest software possible.
Can you expand on this? Does the stuff transfer via Wifi? I plan to order a 12Max soon and figured I'd have to do exactly what you stated...back up to iTunes (which I still keep up-to-date, but I understand it will become obsolete at some point) then restore to the new phone. So exactly how does your stuff migrate to a new phone?
User avatar
abuss368
Posts: 22056
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!
Contact:

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by abuss368 »

I purchased an iPhone XR for the bigger screen and love it.

I usually stay a model or two behind.

I will probably have a Max iPhone at some point. It is easier for me to see.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
User avatar
Leif
Posts: 3062
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:15 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Leif »

I also have a 6 plus, but with 64GB. I didn't even know you can get the 6+ with 128. The Apple website only lists 16 and 64.

Anyway,my phone is working well, doesn't seem to me to run slow. But the bottom microphone is out. Whenever I use it for a call I need to go on speaker. That is not always convenient.

I'm also looking at a replacement. Years ago I told myself when 5G comes out I'll upgrade. Now that it is out on Apple it appears 5G is not that much better than 4G/LTE unless you are near a mmWave transmitter. They are rare and seem to be meant for places like a stadium, since it has problems with a wall.

I'm considering the iPhone 12 or mini. The mini is small with the screen about the same size (5.4" vs. 6+ 5.5"). The 12 has a larger screen with approx. the same size phone. I'm only using about 1/2 the available memory, but I still want 128GB since I'll keep the phone for a while. I will also be shooting 4K video, which I bet will take a lot of memory.
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

Leesbro63 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:38 am
lthenderson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm I got my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and spent this morning transferring from my iPhone 6s. I thought I was going to hate how big it was since the screen size was increasing from 4.7 to 6.7 inches but in reality the phone body was maybe a half inch longer than my 6s. The nixing of the home button and shrinking of the bezel made up the rest of the screen size difference. It is definitely fast and I have yet to charge it after a day's use. With the 6s, I could go about half a day before it was completely drained and that was even with the two year old battery. I was also impressed with how easy it was to transfer stuff. I just sat them next to each other on my desk and in less than five minutes it was done. Gone are the days of having to restore it from iTunes after first spending two hours updating iTunes and the phone IOS to the latest software possible.
Can you expand on this? Does the stuff transfer via Wifi? I plan to order a 12Max soon and figured I'd have to do exactly what you stated...back up to iTunes (which I still keep up-to-date, but I understand it will become obsolete at some point) then restore to the new phone. So exactly how does your stuff migrate to a new phone?
Here's a video. It uses whatever technology AirDrop uses. iTunes would be more important for restoring your phone if it goes in for repairs or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE03ypWD5xs
Leesbro63
Posts: 6810
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Leesbro63 »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 pm
Leesbro63 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:38 am
lthenderson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm I got my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and spent this morning transferring from my iPhone 6s. I thought I was going to hate how big it was since the screen size was increasing from 4.7 to 6.7 inches but in reality the phone body was maybe a half inch longer than my 6s. The nixing of the home button and shrinking of the bezel made up the rest of the screen size difference. It is definitely fast and I have yet to charge it after a day's use. With the 6s, I could go about half a day before it was completely drained and that was even with the two year old battery. I was also impressed with how easy it was to transfer stuff. I just sat them next to each other on my desk and in less than five minutes it was done. Gone are the days of having to restore it from iTunes after first spending two hours updating iTunes and the phone IOS to the latest software possible.
Can you expand on this? Does the stuff transfer via Wifi? I plan to order a 12Max soon and figured I'd have to do exactly what you stated...back up to iTunes (which I still keep up-to-date, but I understand it will become obsolete at some point) then restore to the new phone. So exactly how does your stuff migrate to a new phone?
Here's a video. It uses whatever technology AirDrop uses. iTunes would be more important for restoring your phone if it goes in for repairs or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE03ypWD5xs

Thank you!
rixer
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by rixer »

I'm going down right now to buy the Samsung S20 FE 5G on sale at Best Buy for $350.
User avatar
lthenderson
Posts: 5290
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by lthenderson »

Leesbro63 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:38 am
lthenderson wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:17 pm I got my iPhone 12 Pro yesterday and spent this morning transferring from my iPhone 6s. I thought I was going to hate how big it was since the screen size was increasing from 4.7 to 6.7 inches but in reality the phone body was maybe a half inch longer than my 6s. The nixing of the home button and shrinking of the bezel made up the rest of the screen size difference. It is definitely fast and I have yet to charge it after a day's use. With the 6s, I could go about half a day before it was completely drained and that was even with the two year old battery. I was also impressed with how easy it was to transfer stuff. I just sat them next to each other on my desk and in less than five minutes it was done. Gone are the days of having to restore it from iTunes after first spending two hours updating iTunes and the phone IOS to the latest software possible.
Can you expand on this? Does the stuff transfer via Wifi? I plan to order a 12Max soon and figured I'd have to do exactly what you stated...back up to iTunes (which I still keep up-to-date, but I understand it will become obsolete at some point) then restore to the new phone. So exactly how does your stuff migrate to a new phone?
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Like the person above, I don't think it used wifi since I hadn't even turned on the new phone until that point so it didn't know my wifi or password. I assumed it was bluetooth but it may be the AirDrop feature as well. It transferred all my photos, music, contacts, emails, settings and such over as well as whatever info individual apps store on your phone. I have yet to hook my new phone up to the computer/itunes. When I first turned on the new phone, transferring the data from my old phone came up fairly quickly in the process.
jebmke
Posts: 11652
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Delmarva Peninsula

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by jebmke »

Leif wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 am I also have a 6 plus, but with 64GB. I didn't even know you can get the 6+ with 128. The Apple website only lists 16 and 64.

Anyway,my phone is working well, doesn't seem to me to run slow. But the bottom microphone is out. Whenever I use it for a call I need to go on speaker. That is not always convenient.

I'm also looking at a replacement. Years ago I told myself when 5G comes out I'll upgrade. Now that it is out on Apple it appears 5G is not that much better than 4G/LTE unless you are near a mmWave transmitter. They are rare and seem to be meant for places like a stadium, since it has problems with a wall.

I'm considering the iPhone 12 or mini. The mini is small with the screen about the same size (5.4" vs. 6+ 5.5"). The 12 has a larger screen with approx. the same size phone. I'm only using about 1/2 the available memory, but I still want 128GB since I'll keep the phone for a while. I will also be shooting 4K video, which I bet will take a lot of memory.
I'm leaning heavily toward Mini. I have an LG4 now - display is 5.5 so the mini is only a bit smaller. Mini=135 grams vs 164 for 12 vs 155 for my LG4. Wife just received a new 12 over the weekend. Nice device but it seems heavy. She uses hers more than I use a phone; typically at home I will use an iPad or PC so I have no real use for a phone in the house. If I remember to take mine when I leave the house it is typically in my pocket.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Leesbro63
Posts: 6810
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Leesbro63 »

Just a reminder: The iPhone Pro Max can be ordered starting at 8AM eastern tomorrow, Friday November 6, 2020.
Topic Author
need403bhelp
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by need403bhelp »

FYI, purchased through this deal:
https://slickdeals.net/f/14546177-iphon ... BarV2Algo1

Some hassle involved, but around $400+ savings after selling the Bose speakers on eBay.
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

need403bhelp wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:45 pm FYI, purchased through this deal:
https://slickdeals.net/f/14546177-iphon ... BarV2Algo1

Some hassle involved, but around $400+ savings after selling the Bose speakers on eBay.
Discounting cash back from the credit card (since it’s not exclusive to that deal) I’m only calculating the savings of approximately $250 (100 headphones +150 net cash card)
Topic Author
need403bhelp
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by need403bhelp »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:42 am
need403bhelp wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:45 pm FYI, purchased through this deal:
https://slickdeals.net/f/14546177-iphon ... BarV2Algo1

Some hassle involved, but around $400+ savings after selling the Bose speakers on eBay.
Discounting cash back from the credit card (since it’s not exclusive to that deal) I’m only calculating the savings of approximately $250 (100 headphones +150 net cash card)
I didn’t do cash back from Chase credit card (don’t have freedom).

However, I did use the rebatesme cash back portal for 15% cash back which tracked correctly (so a little over $200 shown tracking for me). Rebatesme no longer has 15%, but givingassistant does (or did yesterday when I checked) and I actually used them to buy DW the 12 Pro. FWIW, I pretty routinely use cash back portals including giving assistant and rebatesme, although usually not for such high amounts. You do have to make sure you don’t have ad blockers enabled, etc. I usually use a fresh chrome incognito window with the setting to block tracking across the Internet in incognito DISABLED (ie it must be able to track you via cookies between websites). DW’s giving assistant order has not yet “tracked” in the portal, but I will give it a few days and reach out to them (others reporting 48 hours for this offer) if not tracked at that time. I’ve actually had pretty good experience with their customer support previously as I used them to book a few hotel stays that didn’t track and they were great and even followed up with me to make sure the cash back paid out correctly. I’ve also had them for some time so I am grandfathered to the free “power user” plan, not sure how exactly it works now with their “power user” cash back rate but I think it is a small fee ($6/year? ) if not grandfathered.

So missing piece is cash back from portals, which has been 15% from rebatesme and then giving assistant.
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
02nz
Posts: 5686
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by 02nz »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:56 pm Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
The difference is that the Visible deal is an unlocked phone (I'm already using the one I got on Sprint), while with Verizon & AT&T it's almost certainly going to be locked upon activation. By the time you're on those networks long enough to unlock, you'll likely have paid close to $200.
Topic Author
need403bhelp
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by need403bhelp »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:56 pm Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
Full disclosure: I actually did WM deal first then returned it (before opening box) when learned more about Visible deal.

Pros about WM deal:
- instant discount, monthly payments with 0% inteeest with no prepayment penalty, zero hassle

Cons:
- at least for Verizon, their “list” price before $200 discount is actually $50 higher than Apple, so actual discount off Apple price was $150 for me
- for Verizon, you actually have to pay $40 upgrade fee if you go through this deal (but not, to my understanding , if you buy phone without going through Verizon). With that said, at least previously, some people were able to get this waived as a courtesy, although i also found lots of data points of people who called and were NOT able to get $40 upgrade fee waived. This was actually one of things that pushed me over to returning phone and doing visible deal, as with $40 fee it is really only $110 discount vs buying sim free from apple
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

02nz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:02 pm
Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:56 pm Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
The difference is that the Visible deal is an unlocked phone (I'm already using the one I got on Sprint), while with Verizon & AT&T it's almost certainly going to be locked upon activation. By the time you're on those networks long enough to unlock, you'll likely have paid close to $200.
I have zero plans to change networks.

edit: Looks like just 60 days with Verizon
Last edited by Lee_WSP on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

need403bhelp wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 pm
Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:56 pm Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
Full disclosure: I actually did WM deal first then returned it (before opening box) when learned more about Visible deal.

Pros about WM deal:
- instant discount, monthly payments with 0% interest with no prepayment penalty, zero hassle

Cons:
- at least for Verizon, their “list” price before $200 discount is actually $50 higher than Apple, so actual discount off Apple price was $150 for me
- for Verizon, you actually have to pay $40 upgrade fee if you go through this deal (but not, to my understanding , if you buy phone without going through Verizon). With that said, at least previously, some people were able to get this waived as a courtesy, although i also found lots of data points of people who called and were NOT able to get $40 upgrade fee waived. This was actually one of things that pushed me over to returning phone and doing visible deal, as with $40 fee it is really only $110 discount vs buying sim free from apple
Fair points. Food for thought for anyone else comparing the two.

If giving assistant was 15% instead of 7.5% and if I didn't severely dislike cash cards, I'd probably go for the Visible deal.

The cons for me with Visible are:
- Hassle
- No guarantee of the secondary referral based cashback rebate plus a long wait
- I'm just not familiar enough with Visible and the cashback referral sites
- I'm probably too old fashioned to want to jump through so many hoops for a couple hundred bucks

The 0% interest payment plan is a wash for me. I don't really care one way or the other, but 0% financing > payment upfront even though BH in general eschews debt like the plague.

That said, there's still time for me to cancel/return.... If I can't get them to waive the activation fee, maybe I'll go with Visible.
02nz
Posts: 5686
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by 02nz »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:32 pm
need403bhelp wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 pm
Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:56 pm Walmart has $200 off the purchase price (Verizon & ATT) without any weird hoops, so I went with that deal.
Full disclosure: I actually did WM deal first then returned it (before opening box) when learned more about Visible deal.

Pros about WM deal:
- instant discount, monthly payments with 0% interest with no prepayment penalty, zero hassle

Cons:
- at least for Verizon, their “list” price before $200 discount is actually $50 higher than Apple, so actual discount off Apple price was $150 for me
- for Verizon, you actually have to pay $40 upgrade fee if you go through this deal (but not, to my understanding , if you buy phone without going through Verizon). With that said, at least previously, some people were able to get this waived as a courtesy, although i also found lots of data points of people who called and were NOT able to get $40 upgrade fee waived. This was actually one of things that pushed me over to returning phone and doing visible deal, as with $40 fee it is really only $110 discount vs buying sim free from apple
Fair points. Food for thought for anyone else comparing the two.

If giving assistant was 15% instead of 7.5% and if I didn't severely dislike cash cards, I'd probably go for the Visible deal.

The cons for me with Visible are:
- Hassle
- No guarantee of the secondary referral based cashback rebate plus a long wait
- I'm just not familiar enough with Visible and the cashback referral sites
- I'm probably too old fashioned to want to jump through so many hoops for a couple hundred bucks

The 0% interest payment plan is a wash for me. I don't really care one way or the other, but 0% financing > payment upfront even though BH in general eschews debt like the plague.

That said, there's still time for me to cancel/return.... If I can't get them to waive the activation fee, maybe I'll go with Visible.
I ordered a 12 Pro Max going through RebatesMe (when it was 12%) and then a 12 via Giving Assistant. Both rebates are tracking (pending).

The Bose offer is super easy - you get an email with a code that you redeem.

The e-gift card is apparently sent as soon as you make the second payment. That can be spent pretty much wherever.

And at 5X I'm also getting a nice haul of Ultimate Rewards points (Chase Ink Cash, although Freedom would also work via PayPal.)

Even after tax I'm spending less on the 12 than I can sell my 11 for. Just the improved LTE performance (Qualcomm instead of Intel modem) is worth it.

And the whole process so far with Visible has been super smooth, probably a better experience than with any other carrier (traditional or MVNO) I've ever used. Probably enough to make me want to actually switch from Sprint when my promo period with Sprint is over. One concern I had was that I'd read their speeds were capped at 5 Mbps, but in my use I'm getting full speeds (50+).
Lee_WSP
Posts: 3428
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by Lee_WSP »

02nz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:45 pm
I ordered a 12 Pro Max going through RebatesMe (when it was 12%) and then a 12 via Giving Assistant. Both rebates are tracking (pending).

The Bose offer is super easy - you get an email with a code that you redeem.

The e-gift card is apparently sent as soon as you make the second payment. That can be spent pretty much wherever.

And at 5X I'm also getting a nice haul of Ultimate Rewards points (Chase Ink Cash, although Freedom would also work via PayPal.)

Even after tax I'm spending less on the 12 than I can sell my 11 for. Just the improved LTE performance (Qualcomm instead of Intel modem) is worth it.

And the whole process so far with Visible has been super smooth, probably a better experience than with any other carrier (traditional or MVNO) I've ever used. Probably enough to make me want to actually switch from Sprint when my promo period with Sprint is over. One concern I had was that I'd read their speeds were capped at 5 Mbps, but in my use I'm getting full speeds (50+).
I can't get the 15% rebate to work for me. Keeps dropping down to 7.5%. If I can get an extra 15% cashback, this deal is hands down better, otherwise, it's close to a wash.

You still have to sell the headphones, but it's certainly a nice perk.

You get the rewards no matter where you spend the money.

I've tried other networks and have not been pleased so far.

You have to pay for 2 months of Visible ($80 unless you get on PartyPlay (still $60)).

further edit: I'm going to try and cancel my Walmart order. I don't think I'll be jumping on the Visible bandwagon. I'll see what the new year holds.

further update:
Tried the suggestion below. Visible does not seem to want my money, but I got givingassistant to give the 15%. So, I'm giving up after spending more than three hours on this.
Last edited by Lee_WSP on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Author
need403bhelp
Posts: 1121
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by need403bhelp »

Lee_WSP wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:58 pm
02nz wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:45 pm
I ordered a 12 Pro Max going through RebatesMe (when it was 12%) and then a 12 via Giving Assistant. Both rebates are tracking (pending).

The Bose offer is super easy - you get an email with a code that you redeem.

The e-gift card is apparently sent as soon as you make the second payment. That can be spent pretty much wherever.

And at 5X I'm also getting a nice haul of Ultimate Rewards points (Chase Ink Cash, although Freedom would also work via PayPal.)

Even after tax I'm spending less on the 12 than I can sell my 11 for. Just the improved LTE performance (Qualcomm instead of Intel modem) is worth it.

And the whole process so far with Visible has been super smooth, probably a better experience than with any other carrier (traditional or MVNO) I've ever used. Probably enough to make me want to actually switch from Sprint when my promo period with Sprint is over. One concern I had was that I'd read their speeds were capped at 5 Mbps, but in my use I'm getting full speeds (50+).
I can't get the 15% rebate to work for me. Keeps dropping down to 7.5%. If I can get an extra 15% cashback, this deal is hands down better, otherwise, it's close to a wash.

You still have to sell the headphones, but it's certainly a nice perk.

You get the rewards no matter where you spend the money.

I've tried other networks and have not been pleased so far.

You have to pay for 2 months of Visible ($80 unless you get on PartyPlay (still $60)).

further edit: I'm going to try and cancel my Walmart order. I don't think I'll be jumping on the Visible bandwagon. I'll see what the new year holds.
Walmart Return: Start process online, go to Walmart they tell you (that has a "Walmart Mobile Desk"), just go to customer service/returns and return it there. I spent some time at this Walmart looking for the "Mobile Desk" but no one could point me in right direction. Finally, I went to returns and they processed everything. Money already back on my card (sales tax) & Verizon site says "upgrade eligible" so assume undone from their end also (will check on statement also).

Giving Assistant: I think to get 15% you have to go to Account Settings (click on top right hand green person icon) and under Membership click change and change to "Power User." I think there is some kind of fee, not sure when or how it is assessed. As mentioned, I had an account long enough (looks like 2016 per my GA account) that I am "grandfathered" as a Power User with no fee.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that my pending 15% cash back for Giving Assistant for DW's 12 Pro now tracked as "pending," payable I believe in 2/2021 from memory. Took ~48-60 hours to appear as pending.
02nz
Posts: 5686
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Re: iPhone 12 Pro Max OR ...?

Post by 02nz »

need403bhelp wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:16 pm Giving Assistant: I think to get 15% you have to go to Account Settings (click on top right hand green person icon) and under Membership click change and change to "Power User." I think there is some kind of fee, not sure when or how it is assessed. As mentioned, I had an account long enough (looks like 2016 per my GA account) that I am "grandfathered" as a Power User with no fee.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that my pending 15% cash back for Giving Assistant for DW's 12 Pro now tracked as "pending," payable I believe in 2/2021 from memory. Took ~48-60 hours to appear as pending.
I read the same elsewhere about Giving Assistant, but for whatever reason my (new) account showed 15% without having to change to "Power User." I didn't have to do a thing. My 15% cash back tracked as of about 60 hours after purchase.
Post Reply