Oddly Difficult to Find Items During the Pandemic

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Ramjet

Re: Oddly Difficult to Find Items During the Pandemic

Post by Ramjet »

My wife is having a hard time finding spices
InMyDreams

Post by InMyDreams »

EnjoyIt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am Weights. It is impossible to find good gym equipment these days. Everywhere is sold out, and if it isn't, there is a 2x-3x markup.
I should sell my extra hand weights...
stoptothink

Post by stoptothink »

InMyDreams wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:36 pm
EnjoyIt wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:35 am Weights. It is impossible to find good gym equipment these days. Everywhere is sold out, and if it isn't, there is a 2x-3x markup.
I should sell my extra hand weights...
Both my brothers, several neighbors, and a handful of friends have inquired about the contents of my garage gym since I found out I have a broken back and won't be able to lift much of anything for 6+ months.
just_cruisin

Post by just_cruisin »

Used golf carts
Alan S.

Post by Alan S. »

jcar wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 pm I ordered a new gas range on line in late March. They had no availability until September. They honored the March price which was great as this range went up 300.00 between order and delivery.
And appliance repair parts are hard to get. Been waiting for a control panel for a Jenn Air downdraft for 6 weeks now. The supplier cannot even get an accurate date from the manufacturer, and their CSRs are just providing bogus ETA times when they have no idea. It's about time to find a new name for customer "service".
HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch »

Ramjet wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:53 am My wife is having a hard time finding spices
Check out Penzeys.com. Wonderful quality. Shipping lead time is a bit slower during the pandemic.
radiokurt

Post by radiokurt »

Alan S. wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:03 pm
jcar wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:21 pm I ordered a new gas range on line in late March. They had no availability until September. They honored the March price which was great as this range went up 300.00 between order and delivery.
And appliance repair parts are hard to get. Been waiting for a control panel for a Jenn Air downdraft for 6 weeks now. The supplier cannot even get an accurate date from the manufacturer, and their CSRs are just providing bogus ETA times when they have no idea. It's about time to find a new name for customer "service".
I work in supply chain and some US manufacturers are having trouble with absenteeism, plant closures, etc. Asian manufacturers seem to be coming out of it, but some stocks are wiped and it will take time to build back up.

Not sure what part number you're looking for, but it looks like some places have stock.
radiokurt

Post by radiokurt »

Ramjet wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:53 am My wife is having a hard time finding spices
Penzeys, Amazon, Ebay are good sources.