Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Investing.Newbie

Re: Post your Financial Milestone Announcements Here

Post by Investing.Newbie »

BalancedJCB19 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:30 pm Just looked $991,000.00 Very close to 1 million. I will definitely go out to dinner when I see it, even though it's just a number, that was the one I always wanted to reach. Also, have a paid off house. On track. 56 and would like to leave work by 61. Congratulations to all!
Congrats :sharebeer you should hit your mark any time now :)
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Investing.Newbie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:25 pm My wife & I (41/40) reached the two comma club today ! This would not have been possible without the valuable knowledge I gained from this forum. A very big thank you to all you outstanding folks ! This is the only place I'm sharing my news. Thanks you once again !
FBanks wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:32 pm I hit over a million today! This was big for me because it’s all from my investment accounts and 50% of the house minus mortgage. My husband and I are well over $2m combined, but it was really important for me to hit this milestone in my own accounts. Can’t tell anyone in my real life. Happy to share it here. Especially sweet because I’m 37 and I wanted to hit it before my 38th bday in a few months. :D

FYI $917,000 w/o home equity. Next goal is $1M stock portfolio, which I should hit after I receive my bonus early next year.
Congratulations to both of you :D .
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started
PhillyPhan

Post by PhillyPhan »

ruralavalon wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 am
Investing.Newbie wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:25 pm My wife & I (41/40) reached the two comma club today ! This would not have been possible without the valuable knowledge I gained from this forum. A very big thank you to all you outstanding folks ! This is the only place I'm sharing my news. Thanks you once again !
FBanks wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:32 pm I hit over a million today! This was big for me because it’s all from my investment accounts and 50% of the house minus mortgage. My husband and I are well over $2m combined, but it was really important for me to hit this milestone in my own accounts. Can’t tell anyone in my real life. Happy to share it here. Especially sweet because I’m 37 and I wanted to hit it before my 38th bday in a few months. :D

FYI $917,000 w/o home equity. Next goal is $1M stock portfolio, which I should hit after I receive my bonus early next year.
Congratulations to both of you :D .

Congrats to everyone who made the 2 comma club! When I see the market reach new highs I think of this board and am truly happy for all of those who it pushes over the big milestone!! :sharebeer
Cranberry44

Post by Cranberry44 »

On 09/26/2020 I reached 100k NW. I haven't dipped below it yet, somehow. I know that's pitiful to the majority of the posters here, but it was a significant milestone for me, and I'm quite proud of the progress.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Everyone's situation is different and this isn't a competition. Don't worry about the others. It's the start of the weekend. Celebrate! :beer
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
ruralavalon

Post by ruralavalon »

Cranberry44 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:45 pm On 09/26/2020 I reached 100k NW. I haven't dipped below it yet, somehow. I know that's pitiful to the majority of the posters here, but it was a significant milestone for me, and I'm quite proud of the progress.
Congratulations :D .
"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein | Wiki article link:Getting Started
jaj2276

Post by jaj2276 »

Cranberry44 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:45 pm On 09/26/2020 I reached 100k NW. I haven't dipped below it yet, somehow. I know that's pitiful to the majority of the posters here, but it was a significant milestone for me, and I'm quite proud of the progress.
I don't know a lot of people but almost all of them assuredly do not have NWs north of $100k. You should be quite proud.
Grt2bOutdoors

Post by Grt2bOutdoors »

Congratulations! :sharebeer
The journey to financial freedom begins with the first step. You’ve taken that and more....just keep doing whatever it is you are doing because as you see, it’s working!
"One should invest based on their need, ability and willingness to take risk - Larry Swedroe" Asking Portfolio Questions
Investing.Newbie

Post by Investing.Newbie »

Congrats :sharebeer you should be proud to hit this milestone. Remember to ignore the noise & follow the boglehead investment philosophy !
Congrats once again :D
Cranberry44

Post by Cranberry44 »

ruralavalon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm Congratulations :D .
jaj2276 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:36 pm I don't know a lot of people but almost all of them assuredly do not have NWs north of $100k. You should be quite proud.
Grt2bOutdoors wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:45 pm Congratulations! :sharebeer
The journey to financial freedom begins with the first step. You’ve taken that and more....just keep doing whatever it is you are doing because as you see, it’s working!
Investing.Newbie wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:15 pm Congrats :sharebeer you should be proud to hit this milestone. Remember to ignore the noise & follow the boglehead investment philosophy !
Congrats once again :D
Thanks, all. I appreciate the encouragement and reminders to stay the course and "ignore the noise." Improving my financial literacy (thanks to this board and the helpful posters) and developing a plan that I understand and am comfortable with has been invaluable.

Onward and Upward :sharebeer