FF Factor based Quant ETFs

For investors outside the US. Personal investments, personal finance, investing news and theory.
Sister forums: Canada, Spain (en español)
---------------
Topic Author
nirajn123

FF Factor based Quant ETFs

Post by nirajn123 »

Bit of a theoretical question but if Dimensional or Avantis ETFs were to be available in the Europe in future, would you switch to those? Anyone has any thoughts on when EU version of these is likely to be available?
typical.investor

Re: FF Factor based Quant ETFs

Post by typical.investor »

nirajn123 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:51 am Bit of a theoretical question but if Dimensional or Avantis ETFs were to be available in the Europe in future, would you switch to those? Anyone has any thoughts on when EU version of these is likely to be available?
Luxembourg has:

PIMCO RAFI Dynamic Multi-Factor U.S. Equity Fund - IE00BFZ89D93 - GIS

PIMCO RAFI Dynamic Multi-Factor Europe Equity Fund - IE00BFZ89395 - GIS

PIMCO RAFI Dynamic Multi-Factor Global Developed Equity Fund - IE00BFZ89H32 - GIS

PIMCO RAFI Dynamic Multi-Factor Emerging Markets Equity Fund - IE00BFZ89510 - GIS
Topic Author
nirajn123

Post by nirajn123 »

Thanks, I am UK based and I don't see those being available here - certainly not with my broker. If one is after multi-factor, there is London listed JPGL & HWWA - I do need to look at them in more details. For this post though, I was specifically looking to see if we have the filtered Small cap value type products from Aventis or Dimensional or similar.
mucgoo

Post by mucgoo »

JPGL looks to have great construction. Third each of value, momentum and quality scores composited. Geography constraints (by region) and industry weighted by inverse volatility. Stock weighing is by factor score with liquidity constraints.

https://research.ftserussell.com/produc ... yfWNLwqHZi
PDF link

HWWA is a black box.
c-strong

Post by c-strong »

I did a factor regression on HWWA a while back. I don’t remember the details but it’s basically a quality/large cap blend fund masquerading as a multi-factor fund. JPLG looks good but isn’t available with my broker (HL).

I think DFA funds are available but only through advisers. This has been the case for a long time so is unlikely to change.

For small cap value though, take a look at USSC and EUSV (there isn’t a global fund). EUSV includes the UK. There isn’t a small cap value EM fund, but DGSE is a small cap divi fund with good value metrics.