[What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
TomatoTomahto

Re: [What TV Show Have You Recently Watched?]

Post by TomatoTomahto » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:58 am

stoptothink wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:46 am
Sorry for the hijack.
I, for one, didn’t mind it and appreciate the recommendations for shows. There are family members I might understand better from watching the shows.
Okay, I get it; I won't be political or controversial. The Earth is flat.

sleepysurf

Post by sleepysurf » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am

After completing Ozark, Last Tango in Halifax, Atypical, and Tiger King, we're now watching Indian Matchmaking... surprisingly entertaining! All on Netflix.
Last edited by sleepysurf on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired 2018 | ~50/45/5 (partially sliced and diced)

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 am

sleepysurf wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am
After completing Ozark, Last Tango in Halifax, Atypical, and Tiger King, we're now watching Indian Matchmaking.. surprisingly entertaining! All on Netfllx.
I went from scoffing to hoping for a second season of Indian Matchmaking. Very entertaining indeed.

Capsu78

Post by Capsu78 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:35 pm

yolli71 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 am
Snowfall on Hulu (it's an FX show). I'm in the middle of Season 2 and think this show is excellent! It takes place in the early 80s and is about the start of the crack cocaine epidemic in LA. It's directed by John Singleton and has that Boyz n the Hood kind of feel too it.

Also, I just finished Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime and thought that show was extremely well done...another show about the drug trade but it comes from 3 different viewpoints that are all linked together (Mexicans, Americans, Italians). The cinematography is beautiful.
Thanks for the recommend on ZZZ... Just started first 2 episodes and it is a very good series, if you like cartel plotlines.

stoptothink

Post by stoptothink » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm

TomatoTomahto wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 am
sleepysurf wrote:
After completing Ozark, Last Tango in Halifax, Atypical, and Tiger King, we're now watching Indian Matchmaking.. surprisingly entertaining! All on Netfllx.
I went from scoffing to hoping for a second season of Indian Matchmaking. Very entertaining indeed.
No judgement, wife and I have binged two seasons of "90-Day Fiance" in the last few weeks. I generally refuse to watch anything remotely like this, but my brother told me the trainwrecks were too catastrophic to look away. He was correct.

TomatoTomahto

Post by TomatoTomahto » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:35 pm

stoptothink wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:48 pm
TomatoTomahto wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 am
sleepysurf wrote:
No judgement, wife and I have binged two seasons of "90-Day Fiance" in the last few weeks. I generally refuse to watch anything remotely like this, but my brother told me the trainwrecks were too catastrophic to look away. He was correct.
Hahaha! Caught me! My personal guiltiest pleasure was watching Pillow Talk on 90 Day Fiancé, where previous 90 day characters watch the latest episode and comment on the goings on. META!

Kagord

Post by Kagord » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:47 am

Just finished Dark season 1 (Netflix). The dubbing is awful, but the script, acting, and production make up for it. If you combined a soap opera with Lost, and sprinkle some Donnie Darko in there, with more planning and thought, you'd come up with this series.
Last edited by Kagord on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:27 am

I'm in the middle of Riverdale Season 3, on Netflix. At this point, the series has turned into a teen fantasy soap opera. It's still interesting, but has enough twists and drama to keep me watching.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

queso

Post by queso » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:08 am

Kagord wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:47 am
Just finished Dark season 1 (Netflix). The dubbing is awful, but the script, acting, and production make up for it. If you combined a soap opera with Lost, and sprinkle some Donnie Darko in there, with more planning and thought, you'd come up with this series.
I just started it and am through episode 2. I totally agree on the dubbing. I am trying to persevere in spite of it since I have heard such good things about the show. We also recently finished Godless and that was excellent.

michaeljc70

Post by michaeljc70 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:16 am

queso wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:08 am
Kagord wrote:
I just started it and am through episode 2. I totally agree on the dubbing. I am trying to persevere in spite of it since I have heard such good things about the show. We also recently finished Godless and that was excellent.
I watched it in German with English subtitles. I prefer that to bad dubbing.

queso

Post by queso » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:18 am

michaeljc70 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:16 am
queso wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:08 am
Kagord wrote:
I watched it in German with English subtitles. I prefer that to bad dubbing.
I was thinking about doing the same..

JBTX

Post by JBTX » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Finished all 3 seasons of Dark. Agree on the dubbing, but overall a good show. Season 3 started to get kind of out there and convoluted but fortunately it it wrapped itself up by the end of the season, which I am assuming was the series finale.

blacklab

Post by blacklab » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:37 am

Rewatching (binging) The Sopranos. HBO recently released a 10 minute YouTube video called The Sopranos Dictionary which I found pretty entertaining and which succeeded in getting us to rewatch. Of course it is all part of promoting new streaming services,

yolli71

Post by yolli71 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:49 pm

Capsu78 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:35 pm
yolli71 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:46 am
Snowfall on Hulu (it's an FX show). I'm in the middle of Season 2 and think this show is excellent! It takes place in the early 80s and is about the start of the crack cocaine epidemic in LA. It's directed by John Singleton and has that Boyz n the Hood kind of feel too it.

Also, I just finished Zero Zero Zero on Amazon Prime and thought that show was extremely well done...another show about the drug trade but it comes from 3 different viewpoints that are all linked together (Mexicans, Americans, Italians). The cinematography is beautiful.
Thanks for the recommend on ZZZ... Just started first 2 episodes and it is a very good series, if you like cartel plotlines.
Yeah it really is a great show...it seemed to kind of fall under the radar for some reason, but the acting is superb and it's an intense show.

I'm now watching I'll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO about the Golden State Killer. Another excellent HBO show/documentary.

confusedinvestor

Post by confusedinvestor » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:32 pm

staustin wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:08 pm
yellowstone, at the wife's request.... she'd leave me for Rip, no question.
Great show, I highly recommend, we are watching Series 1 and 2 in Peacock TV.

Do can we watch the Series 3 ?

Kagord

Post by Kagord » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:30 pm

Also started Mr. Robot, 2 episodes in, I was expecting some dumb hacker series, like what a major network would have. Well, it's not that. Not sure what to think about it, there's definitely some silliness in the script with the hacker group and Evil corp, and references to all sorts of things like Taxi Driver (you talking to me and there's no one else in the subway train), not sure I'll make it through, but I'll give it a go for a few more.