Amex and Rakuten wine deal

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
A440

Amex and Rakuten wine deal

Post by A440 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:13 pm

I know very little about good wine. Truth be told, I'm content buying a 5 liter box at my discount liquor store for $15 and having it last several weeks. However, now and again the "stars" align and a good deal becomes available for one of the several wine "clubs" online. It is interesting to try these clubs, because I get to try different wines that I would not normally purchase.
This week Amex has an offer for Wine Insiders https://wineinsiders.com/. Spend $20 and get back $20 until the end of October. There are exclusions (e.g. no collections or promotions), so read the fine print. If you activate Rakuten before your purchase you get up to$44.50 cash back. Combined, these two offers make for some really affordable wine to try. Maybe even better, I don't need to drive anywhere or wear a mask to purchase the wine. FedEx brings it to my door.
Cheers!

Edited: Rakuten amount.
Last edited by A440 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.

niceguy7376

Re: Amex and Rakuten wine deal

Post by niceguy7376 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:37 pm

Rakuten says upto 44.50.
I might need to refer this deal to friends

Broken Man 1999

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks for the tip!

DDs have been helping DW due to her recent knee replacement. One DD loves her Chardonnays, so I'm buying her 6 bottles as a partial "thank you" gift.

She can try 6 different bottles, maybe she can find a new favorite.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven then I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:30 pm

OP, have you actually received the AMEX and Rakuten cash back?

DoctorofCredit’s post about the AMEX $20 offer (link below) had a couple comments that made me wonder if this would really combine for $64.50 cash back.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-off ... times/amp/

Topic Author
A440

Post by A440 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:50 pm

HomeStretch wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:30 pm

DoctorofCredit’s post about the AMEX $20 offer (link below) had a couple comments that made me wonder if this would really combine for $64.50 cash back.
Got the Rakuten, but haven't received the AMEX yet. It takes 3-5 business days to show up. As long as you understand the fine print for the AMEX offer, I believe it will work. Interesting website (DoctorofCredit), I never heard about it before.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future.

investingdad

Post by investingdad » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm

I've tried to get into wine, and I do like a juicy pinot grigio, but I just come back to beer.

On hot days, a cold Franziskaner is the ticket.

Minty

Post by Minty » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks for this great deal. I almost wish there were a dedicated BH deal thread. I really benefited from the Kidde fire extinguisher recall threat, the Refinance Mega Thread, this thread, and many others. A free-after-rebate half-case of wine every now and then does not hurt!
Core Four with nominal bonds and TIPS.

02nz

Post by 02nz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:19 pm

A440 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:50 pm
HomeStretch wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:30 pm

Got the Rakuten, but haven't received the AMEX yet. It takes 3-5 business days to show up. As long as you understand the fine print for the AMEX offer, I believe it will work. Interesting website (DoctorofCredit), I never heard about it before.
If you don't get the Amex "You redeemed an offer" email then it probably won't work. I read the Doctor of Credit thread as well, it seems like this purchase is coded with a different merchant name and thus does not trigger the Amex offer.