Online vendor for sprouted nuts and grains?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
Barkingsparrow

Online vendor for sprouted nuts and grains?

Post by Barkingsparrow » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:38 pm

I prefer to buy organic, sprouted nuts/grains in bulk via online vendors. My current preferred vendor - BlueMountainOrganics, has some flaw in their payment system that they that cannot fix or are not interested in fixing; which has become a major irritant as I've become tired of the hoops in trying to get orders fulfilled.

Anyone have other recommendations?

Topic Author
Barkingsparrow

Re: Online vendor for sprouted nuts and grains?

Post by Barkingsparrow » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:11 am

<crickets>

Am I the only one that eats healthy?

If I had posted a query asking for recommendations for fast-food burgers (e.g. In-N-Out vs Shake Shack) it would have generated a 25-page thread with all these Boglehead millionaires engaged in a vociferous debate. Even better, how about "Which fast-good burger would you use to bait a trap for Chipmunks?" That would go on for years....

montanagirl

Post by montanagirl » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:15 am

I dunno, what happened?

I've been on on my hike.

librarianaire

Post by librarianaire » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 am

I’ve struggled with this as well, and still haven’t found a go to online vendor for nuts, seeds, and grains. Have you found online vendors for other healthy foods? My new favorite is Anthony’s Goods. I’ve also been pleased with Bluebird Grain Farms. Unfortunately, neither sells sprouted nuts or grains.
“Our own experience provides the basic material for our imagination, whose range is therefore limited.” Thomas Nagel, What is it like to be a bat?

Marmot

Post by Marmot » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:58 am

We use nuts.com for certain things. Bobs Red Mill also. We are vegans.

Point

Post by Point » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Breadtopia is one source for us, and ToddsSeeds another depending on what we're doing

Topic Author
Barkingsparrow

Post by Barkingsparrow » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm

librarianaire wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:00 am
I’ve struggled with this as well, and still haven’t found a go to online vendor for nuts, seeds, and grains. Have you found online vendors for other healthy foods? My new favorite is Anthony’s Goods. I’ve also been pleased with Bluebird Grain Farms. Unfortunately, neither sells sprouted nuts or grains.
Thanks for those mentions. My longtime favorite has been Blue Mountain Organics for sprouted nuts and grains. Ever since COVID hit they have been hard-pressed to stock anything. They also changed their online payment system which just keeps throwing errors when I try to pay. Right now I'm looking at LivingNutz.com and a few other smaller artisan vendors. For sprouted quinoa, I'm currently going with truRoots Sprouted Grains that I found on Amazon. FWIW, I also order frozen wild-caught Salmon from Vital Choice on a regular basis.

freckles01

Post by freckles01 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 pm

have you checked out azure standard?

i have not experimented with sprouted nuts or grains but have purchased 50 pound bags of their organic hard red wheat grain to grind into flour. they have great prices and once a month drop off locations to local coops/groups.

checked quickly and organic sprouted grain flours do come up- wheat,rye, spelt and rice

Wade Garrett

Post by Wade Garrett » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Check out wildlyorganic.com (formerly Wilderness Family Naturals) for sprouted nuts. It has been a couple of years since I last ordered from them. They say "soaked and dried" rather than "sprouted." Having ordered from both Wildly Organic and Blue Mountain Organics in the past, I can't tell a difference between their products even though one markets as "soaked and dried" and the other as "sprouted." My assumption was always that they're both doing the exact same thing but Wildly Organic is being more honest/transparent about it with its marketing. But I could be wrong.

Sprouted organic grains should be easy to find. Truroots as you mentioned has sprouted quinoa, brown rice, etc. Lundberg has sprouted brown rice. There are other brands too. Check amazon and Whole Foods usually carries one of more of them.