Pocket Key Case

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
AAA

Pocket Key Case

Post by AAA »

I need a key case that will hold my car key fob and a couple of keys. It shouldn't be this difficult to find, but after my current one broke recently I've had trouble searching for a new one. I don't like the ones with the row of little key loops as these have not proved reliable in the past. Something with a nice sturdy ring enclosed in a zippered pouch would do as long as it wasn't just for a car key fob but could accommodate a couple of other keys. The ones on Amazon are very cheap and there always seem to be reviews saying how they broke after a short time. I'd prefer non-leather but probably can't be too choosy about it. Thanks.
CABob

Re: Pocket Key Case

Post by CABob »

Do you really need the case? Why not just a ring with the key fob and a couple of keys on it?
Bob
Jack FFR1846

Post by Jack FFR1846 »

How many keys do you need to carry? When I leave the house, I take the car keys. That's it.
Bogle: Smart Beta is stupid
rotorhead

Post by rotorhead »

Hello AAA, I too, like to carry a key case. It protects my keys, and my clothes very nicely. I find the "squeeze" top opening very convenient.

The one I presently have is German made; very nice one, but I can't make out the name since it's worn so much now. Have had this one about 5 years now; the one it replaced lasted 25 years.

It fits my M-B key fob, plus a house key very nicely; and fits in my pocket easily.

Here is link to a similar one https://www.ebay.com/c/1200325917?iid=262005446200

Just type in "leather key cases" in your browser URL, and you will find thousands for sale that you can peruse.
hudson

Post by hudson »

Topic Author
AAA

Post by AAA »

CABob wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:57 am Do you really need the case? Why not just a ring with the key fob and a couple of keys on it?
I don't want to get poked by sitting on a key.
Topic Author
AAA

Post by AAA »

Jack FFR1846 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:00 am How many keys do you need to carry?