Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
hale2
Posts: 240
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:54 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by hale2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm

One of the things I always liked with the previous Fidelity Full View is that I could keep track of all of my credit card charges and balances. This was extremely helpful during credit card churning. The new system doesn't work nearly as well for that. Is there another brokerage that has a system similar to the prior Full View?

Beck49
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Beck49 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:02 pm

hale2 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:03 pm
One of the things I always liked with the previous Fidelity Full View is that I could keep track of all of my credit card charges and balances. This was extremely helpful during credit card churning. The new system doesn't work nearly as well for that. Is there another brokerage that has a system similar to the prior Full View?
I've struggled with the new version as well. It's clunky, but I found you can track credit card purchases, though as of now I only get them back through May. Go to Accounts. Select the credit card from the list. When the CC page comes up, go to the bottom and click on Spending Transactions. Then set the Date range to whatever you want. Naturally, you aren't done. No matter what I choose it only lists 30 days. But you can export the results to an excel file, and that file will include the full date range. For me it went back to May 2018. Good luck.

User avatar
tooluser
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by tooluser » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:50 pm

I just tried this today. (My employer recently forced everyone to a 401k at Fidelity). It still has problems, won't login to my Vanguard account, yet has no problem everywhere else. The only help available is by phone. I'd much rather have a secure e-mail.
The discovery of America, and that of a passage to the East Indies by the Cape of Good Hope, are the two greatest and most important events recorded in the history of mankind. -- Adam Smith, 1776

radiowave
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by radiowave » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:55 pm

To be honest, I gave up on Full View. They lost over 2 years worth of transactions and several other issues mentioned above. I'm back with Quicken 2017 (no subscription) and I'll make a decision next year if I want to pay the annual fee for Quicken.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page

heritage972
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Fidelity Full View

Post by heritage972 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 pm

Full View has been so bad for years that Fidelity has sent out emails apologizing. Among the latest problems is their 'algorithm" for calculating net worth. Full View lists my Investments and Cash Equivalents but reports my Net Worth by subtracting my 529 Plan value (specifically Investments + Cash Equivalents - 529 Plan). The Private Client Group tries to contact the Full View group but seems to receive a stock answer 'we are working on it'. Fidelity is the top investment house (in my opinion) and it is a wonder that they put up with the Full View clowns for some many years.
I finally removed all types of accounts to simplify the calculations but this did not help Full View.
Another irritation is that Full View is always significantly behind the Portfolio summary until Saturday when it essentially catches up and the two agree fairly closely (except for the silly Net Worth calculation)
:annoyed

inbox788
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View

Post by inbox788 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:12 am

heritage972 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:24 pm
Full View has been so bad for years that Fidelity has sent out emails apologizing. Among the latest problems is their 'algorithm" for calculating net worth. Full View lists my Investments and Cash Equivalents but reports my Net Worth by subtracting my 529 Plan value (specifically Investments + Cash Equivalents - 529 Plan). The Private Client Group tries to contact the Full View group but seems to receive a stock answer 'we are working on it'. Fidelity is the top investment house (in my opinion) and it is a wonder that they put up with the Full View clowns for some many years.
I finally removed all types of accounts to simplify the calculations but this did not help Full View.
Another irritation is that Full View is always significantly behind the Portfolio summary until Saturday when it essentially catches up and the two agree fairly closely (except for the silly Net Worth calculation)
:annoyed
They just got new clowns recently so it's a different circus.

The old Full View folks are probably playing ping pong blame with the new eMoney characters.

I suspect they're prioritizing their business clients over retail direct ones. They don't want to lose paying business, and they probably don't think or care or are counting on the retail business they lose. They certainly are losing some, but it's harder to directly attribute to the product, but if Full View is or is not a factor in your business relationship with Fidelity, do let them know so they can improve.

https://www.fidelity.com/about-fidelity ... ey-advisor

https://clearingcustody.fidelity.com/ap ... tions.html

FWIW, I have up on Full View and won't be moving money to Fidelity because of it. If things improve a lot, I may take another look.

Mr.BB
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Mr.BB » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm

I noticed through my wife's 401k which uses Fidelity as their provider they are offering Full View. Is this really any different then Personal Capital?
I'm not interested in putting in my credit card /expenses info...just savings assets.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."

User avatar
Earl Lemongrab
Posts: 7270
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:14 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Earl Lemongrab » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Mr.BB wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 pm
I noticed through my wife's 401k which uses Fidelity as their provider they are offering Full View. Is this really any different then Personal Capital?
I'm not interested in putting in my credit card /expenses info...just savings assets.
I tried Personal Capital, but that couldn't get my 401(k) data so it was a non-starter.

The new Full View is okay, but I liked it better before. I do use it as an aggregator for my accounts.

Beckeresq
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Beckeresq » Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 pm

The already ugly "transition" to eMoney continues. Fidelity has shown that it's ability to produce a poor product is without challenge.

Has anyone else noticed that, without warning, Fidelity has eliminated reporting the aggregate daily portfolio balance change and associated daily percentage portfolio increase/decrease.

To me this was important information. No explanation of why these reports were eliminated. Fidelity just does not care.

inbox788
Posts: 6950
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by inbox788 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Beckeresq wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 pm
The already ugly "transition" to eMoney continues. Fidelity has shown that it's ability to produce a poor product is without challenge.

Has anyone else noticed that, without warning, Fidelity has eliminated reporting the aggregate daily portfolio balance change and associated daily percentage portfolio increase/decrease.

To me this was important information. No explanation of why these reports were eliminated. Fidelity just does not care.
I'm still having trouble paying my Fidelity Visa bill from my Fidelity Money Management account. I've had to set up several methods, including their billpay, but I still find links that try to setup another method. You'd think it's as simple as paying one account from another, which one of the methods might be, but it's completely confusing to me.

I'm guessing the functionality is still there, just buried deeper in their menus as they make changes. You might need to find another road to Rome. Are these Fidelity reports or FullView (eMoney) reports? Have you checked with customer service?

ChrisBenn
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:56 pm

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by ChrisBenn » Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 pm

inbox788 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm
Beckeresq wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:24 pm
The already ugly "transition" to eMoney continues. Fidelity has shown that it's ability to produce a poor product is without challenge.

Has anyone else noticed that, without warning, Fidelity has eliminated reporting the aggregate daily portfolio balance change and associated daily percentage portfolio increase/decrease.

To me this was important information. No explanation of why these reports were eliminated. Fidelity just does not care.
I'm still having trouble paying my Fidelity Visa bill from my Fidelity Money Management account. I've had to set up several methods, including their billpay, but I still find links that try to setup another method. You'd think it's as simple as paying one account from another, which one of the methods might be, but it's completely confusing to me.

I'm guessing the functionality is still there, just buried deeper in their menus as they make changes. You might need to find another road to Rome. Are these Fidelity reports or FullView (eMoney) reports? Have you checked with customer service?
I just (from the fidelity cc side) set it up to pay the statement value in full automatically each month and it's worked fine (same with other cc's); note, I'm just doing ach pulls from the cma, no ebill stuff.

Beckeresq
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 am

Re: Fidelity Full View transition to eMoney

Post by Beckeresq » Sat May 23, 2020 5:58 am

Inbox788, You were correct. Despite being told by Customer Service (after investigating my questions for an hour) that Fidelity's eMoney decided there were too many types of investments to continue to accurately calculate the daily portfolio total and percentage change, I found it "on the Fidelity side" at the bottom of Positions. What's additionally upsetting is the Customer Service rep told me when he called back with the misinformation, that other customers had been asking the same questions. These other customers most likely got the same misleading answers. You can still find the information that "disappeared" from Full View, but you have to look for it on the "Old Fidelity-Side."
The left hand of Fidelity doesn't know what the right hand is doing---Pretty sophisticated IT. (NOT)

Post Reply