Went from Emerging market to All world

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
annu

Went from Emerging market to All world

Post by annu » Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Making a move based on Emerging market changes, sharing if someone else looking into similar.
I today submitted an exchange from VEMAX(Vanguard emerging market admiral) to VFWAX(Vanguard FTSE All-World ex-US Index Fund Admiral).

Was down for the year ~10%, will use that for TLH, am down a lot more in Tax deferred so cant do much there.
Already own VFWAX, after a TLH earlier in year from VTIAX, so just adding to it. Thought about Developed markets, but it is too heavy in Japan.

passive101

Re: Went from Emerging market to All world

Post by passive101 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:38 pm

Why that instead of VTWAX?

Topic Author
annu

Post by annu » Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Like to keep International and US separate. Also with VTWAX, foriegn tax credit even though low amount, is not applicable/available.

Had VFWAX already, so just added to it.

Topic Author
annu

Post by annu » Fri May 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Well I feel like how a famous philosopher described it as...
I feel like Michael Phelps, if he had come out of retirement and in his first attempt, jumped into the pool and drowned
I bought some more VEMAX today, had not done anything in few months and I guess something had changed in the user interface in the website, and was also distracted. So there goes my plans for TLH....yippy kai yaeeeee