Does fidelity have a total world stock for their HSA?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
passive101

Does fidelity have a total world stock for their HSA?

Post by passive101 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:44 pm

I have a 100% VTWAX for my Roth IRA. My Fidelity HSA is in FFLEX. I changed my Roth IRA to not have any bonds for more aggressive growth compared to the target date fund. Does Fidelity have something that's low cost and similar to VTWAX?

I have 20 years of growth before retirement and am completely ok with watching my accounts go up and down. I actually enjoy it so they can rise higher with the market eventually.

fabdog

Re: Does fidelity have a total world stock for their HSA?

Post by fabdog » Fri May 22, 2020 2:11 pm

FWWFX... Fidelity Worldwide... but it's .99 expense ratio...maybe buy the Vanguard ETF with no transaction fee in your Fidelity account

Mike

02nz

Post by 02nz » Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm

fabdog wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:11 pm
FWWFX... Fidelity Worldwide... but it's .99 expense ratio...
Because that's an active fund, worldwide meaning invests in U.S. and int'l stocks. Totally different animal from what OP was asking about (VTWAX/VT-like index fund).

annu

Post by annu » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm

I use there zero cost funds, atleast in HSA, as will not move it anytime soon. You can probably create a total world, by combining there US and international fund at 0 cost to you.

https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/i ... lsrc=aw.ds

mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm

passive101 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:44 pm
I have a 100% VTWAX for my Roth IRA. My Fidelity HSA is in FFLEX. I changed my Roth IRA to not have any bonds for more aggressive growth compared to the target date fund. Does Fidelity have something that's low cost and similar to VTWAX?

I have 20 years of growth before retirement and am completely ok with watching my accounts go up and down. I actually enjoy it so they can rise higher with the market eventually.
Use VT. It's the ETF class of VTWAX and it's commission free.

Topic Author
passive101

Post by passive101 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:54 pm

mervinj7 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:22 pm
passive101 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:44 pm

Use VT. It's the ETF class of VTWAX and it's commission free.
VT is a Vanguard fund and my HSA is at Fidelity

whodidntante

Post by whodidntante » Fri May 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Stop worrying and learn to love ETFs. Then you can buy VT at no cost in your Fidelity HSA.

Topic Author
passive101

Post by passive101 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm

whodidntante wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Stop worrying and learn to love ETFs. Then you can buy VT at no cost in your Fidelity HSA.
It does show VT as an option. It says I can't sell my current mutual fund and transfer into it. I have to sell all my shares of FFLEX, then after the sale I can use them to buy Vanguard VT through Fidelity.

The only thing I don't see is what the ER is for VT through Fidelity?

mervinj7

Post by mervinj7 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:21 pm

passive101 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm
whodidntante wrote:
It does show VT as an option. It says I can't sell my current mutual fund and transfer into it. I have to sell all my shares of FFLEX, then after the sale I can use them to buy Vanguard VT through Fidelity.

The same ER if you bought VT through Vanguard or any other brokerage. If you type VT into the quote box in Fidelity, you should get the relevant info.

Topic Author
passive101

Post by passive101 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:35 pm

mervinj7 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:21 pm
passive101 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:05 pm
whodidntante wrote:

The same ER if you bought VT through Vanguard or any other brokerage. If you type VT into the quote box in Fidelity, you should get the relevant info.
Thanks. I just sold FFLEX. I'm not planning on using this money until retirement and I'll cash flow my deductible each year if I need it. as it gets closer to retirement I'll put it in something that's less aggressive maybe.

Taking control of my investments is exciting. Instead of using the slightly more conservative target date funds I'm hoping for better returns with just buying in every month and letting my money compound and grow with less fees 😁

bogledogle87

Post by bogledogle87 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:46 am

Fidelity also now accepts trading of fractional ETF shares from the app. This along with the partial share reinvestment option dividends basically turns ETF’s into mutual funds, except for the ability to automatically purchase.

As a big fan of VTWAX, I use VT in my fidelity HSA and have been very pleased.
VTWAX and chill