Wells Fargo - Direct Connect. Fees?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
rich126

Wells Fargo - Direct Connect. Fees?

Post by rich126 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Please no comment on Wells Fargo, I'm no fan of them either but I have accounts with them. I was wondering if I could download my transaction history, and they do provide an option, but I see the following message.
Upgrade to Direct Connect and you can automatically download all your eligible accounts and pay bills directly through Quicken or QuickBooks
I don't want anything to do with Quicken, I only want to download history in a CSV format. Knowing banks it seems like they quickly change account types on you and next thing you know you are paying fees and have to call/visit and fight the fee. That has happened before but I got everything refunded (not sure what happened then).

Instead of clearly stating I can download w/o any fees, or clearly telling me what the fee is, they vaguely word it which triggers my spider sense.

It isn't a big deal but it would be useful to track some expenses as I get closer to retirement.

Thanks.

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Re: Wells Fargo - Direct Connect. Fees?

Post by abuss368 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm

I am not aware of that but I know they do have an online money management and reporting tool that provides analysis.
John C. Bogle: Two Fund Portfolio - Total Stock & Total Bond - “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:20 pm

I have been with Wells Fargo a long time. Amazing they have not been broken up yet. I just watched an episode of "Dirty Money" on Netflix regarding the bank. Not good.
John C. Bogle: Two Fund Portfolio - Total Stock & Total Bond - “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."

BrandonBogle

Post by BrandonBogle » Thu May 21, 2020 7:30 pm

rich126 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 pm
Please no comment on Wells Fargo, I'm no fan of them either but I have accounts with them. I was wondering if I could download my transaction history, and they do provide an option, but I see the following message.
Upgrade to Direct Connect and you can automatically download all your eligible accounts and pay bills directly through Quicken or QuickBooks
I don't want anything to do with Quicken, I only want to download history in a CSV format.
There is no charge to download your history many in a CSV format, or to download your history manually in one of the Quicken formats. There is a charge for the Direct Connect option and it the link in my online banking for it points here:

https://www.wellsfargo.com/online-banki ... ware/fees/
Wells Fargo website wrote: Wells Fargo fees for each service

Online Banking & Bill Pay with Quicken (Consumer)
  • Personal Quicken Access Only – $3.00 per month.
  • Personal Quicken Access with Bill Pay – $9.95 per month.
Online Banking & Bill Pay with Quicken (Business)
  • Business Quicken Access Only - $9.95 per month.
  • Business Quicken Access with Bill Pay - $14.95 per month.
Online Banking & Bill Pay with QuickBooks (Business)
  • QuickBooks Desktop Access Only - $14.95 per month.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Access with Bill Pay - $24.95 per month.
  • QuickBooks Online does not have online banking fees.
Last edited by BrandonBogle on Thu May 21, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

typical.investor

Post by typical.investor » Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 pm

I’ve never gotten charged a fee for downloading account history in CVS at WF.