Fly or Drive to FL?

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
RubyTuesday

Re: Fly or Drive to FL?

Post by RubyTuesday » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 am

davebo wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 am
We decided to cancel. I have to admit it was tempting just to fly because plane tickets dropped down below $99 one-way which was a HUGE savings from what we paid. It was hard to tell the kids, but 2 of them live in the moment and took it in stride, my oldest (who looks forward to things more) was kind of figuring that we might have to cancel. Either way, things could always be worse.
A very responsible decision and a teachable moment for your kids.
“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.” – Lao Tzu

retire2022

Post by retire2022 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:00 pm

davebo wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 am
We decided to cancel. I have to admit it was tempting just to fly because plane tickets dropped down below $99 one-way which was a HUGE savings from what we paid. It was hard to tell the kids, but 2 of them live in the moment and took it in stride, my oldest (who looks forward to things more) was kind of figuring that we might have to cancel. Either way, things could always be worse.
You did the right thing. My 89 year old mom lives by herself, I'm designated relative to feed her, she been starving herself unfortunately, hopefully things will work itself out.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:02 pm

I removed an off-topic rant and reply regarding FL (and AL) becoming a "hot zone" like NY. This thread has run its course and is locked. See: Personal Consumer Issues
Note that this subforum has a much lower threshold for locking or removing posts than the financial and investing subforums. In general, controversial, offensive, pointless, divisive or mean-spirited posts or topics may be locked, edited or deleted (with or without notice) at the discretion of the moderating staff even if they do not otherwise violate forum policies.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.