My LenderFi refinance is going well

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
User avatar
Tim_in_GA
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Tim_in_GA » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 pm

rv26 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:52 am
For those who have refinanced with LenderFi and had their loan sold to Wells Fargo, how long did it take to get setup to make payments? I closed on 2/25 and haven't received any payment instructions yet.
I closed over a week ago and won’t have a payment until May. I got an email about one week after closing saying my loan had funded and they mentioned the 1st payment date. I think the temporary payment coupons were also in the closing documents.

User avatar
AerialWombat
Posts: 1264
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 1:07 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by AerialWombat » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Kosmo wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 pm
I submitted an application and all requested documents about 3 weeks ago. I've had 0 contact with anyone. No responses to emails or phone messages. I have no idea what's going on. So I'm getting pretty angry about it.
The big online lenders were absolutely slammed with refi applications the past few weeks. Quite frankly, you should assume that they are disregarding your application. It will be two months before they can probably catch up.

kayakprof
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by kayakprof » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 am

I am in the process with Lenderfi. I initially applied on Feb 22. I am hoping to move from a 3.875% 30 year mortgage (25 years left) to a 3.25% 20 year mortgage. This would both lower my interest rate and cuts 5 years off the mortgage (although it raises my monthly payment by $125). I received a phone call from the LO within a day. Within a week I was shifted to a different LO and I have received several emails asking me to sign documents. I had to submit a few documents (mortgage statement and last 2 bank statements).

The original terms offered me $2400 in credits toward closing. Once they found out I had a HELOC, the number of credits went down to $700. Total costs to close (not including escrow) was going to be $2500. Then they waived the appraisal fee and made other adjustments. I just received a "redisclosure" that reduces the costs to close from $2500 to $1500.

So far it has been 24 days since initial contact. They are waiting for a "sublimation" of the HELOC with PNC.

It was interesting (and slightly unnerving) that the original LO seemed to know that I found out about Lenderfi from Bogleheads.

User avatar
Kosmo
Posts: 1301
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:54 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Kosmo » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:30 am

AerialWombat wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:30 pm
Kosmo wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:48 pm
I submitted an application and all requested documents about 3 weeks ago. I've had 0 contact with anyone. No responses to emails or phone messages. I have no idea what's going on. So I'm getting pretty angry about it.
The big online lenders were absolutely slammed with refi applications the past few weeks. Quite frankly, you should assume that they are disregarding your application. It will be two months before they can probably catch up.
I figured as much. It still makes me angry. Generating so much work that you can't actually complete it seems like a bad way to run a business. Especially one that is very time sensitive.

tsohg
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by tsohg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 am

Tim_in_GA wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 pm
rv26 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:52 am
For those who have refinanced with LenderFi and had their loan sold to Wells Fargo, how long did it take to get setup to make payments? I closed on 2/25 and haven't received any payment instructions yet.
I closed over a week ago and won’t have a payment until May. I got an email about one week after closing saying my loan had funded and they mentioned the 1st payment date. I think the temporary payment coupons were also in the closing documents.
I'm in the same boat. Closed 3 weeks ago and still waiting on documents from Wells Fargo. The old loan did get paid off. I suppose Wells Fargo is moving slowly. Not sure if I should get nervous.

runner23
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by runner23 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 pm

tsohg wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 am
Tim_in_GA wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 pm
rv26 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:52 am
For those who have refinanced with LenderFi and had their loan sold to Wells Fargo, how long did it take to get setup to make payments? I closed on 2/25 and haven't received any payment instructions yet.
I closed over a week ago and won’t have a payment until May. I got an email about one week after closing saying my loan had funded and they mentioned the 1st payment date. I think the temporary payment coupons were also in the closing documents.
I'm in the same boat. Closed 3 weeks ago and still waiting on documents from Wells Fargo. The old loan did get paid off. I suppose Wells Fargo is moving slowly. Not sure if I should get nervous.
Following. I am in the same boat. Closed last Monday, loan paid off and new loan sold to Wells Fargo. Awaiting any new information from wells.

bluebolt
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:01 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by bluebolt » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:41 pm

My appraisal is done and I got notified my load moved to approval by underwriting. Anyone have any recent experience how long it took from that step to closing?

e5116
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:22 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by e5116 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:51 pm

bluebolt wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:41 pm
My appraisal is done and I got notified my load moved to approval by underwriting. Anyone have any recent experience how long it took from that step to closing?
A few weeks for me. Total time from initial disclosures to final signing/closing was about a month.

tsohg
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by tsohg » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:42 pm

runner23 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:50 pm
tsohg wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 am
Tim_in_GA wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:00 pm
rv26 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:52 am
For those who have refinanced with LenderFi and had their loan sold to Wells Fargo, how long did it take to get setup to make payments? I closed on 2/25 and haven't received any payment instructions yet.
I closed over a week ago and won’t have a payment until May. I got an email about one week after closing saying my loan had funded and they mentioned the 1st payment date. I think the temporary payment coupons were also in the closing documents.
I'm in the same boat. Closed 3 weeks ago and still waiting on documents from Wells Fargo. The old loan did get paid off. I suppose Wells Fargo is moving slowly. Not sure if I should get nervous.
Following. I am in the same boat. Closed last Monday, loan paid off and new loan sold to Wells Fargo. Awaiting any new information from wells.
Another data point: A friend of mine contacted LenderFi about a refinance and got a message back that they were swamped and accepting no new applications. It made me think Wells Fargo (or whoever bought the loan) is probably also swamped.

I checked our old mortgage holder and was able to verify the funds did pay off the old mortgage. I remain confident this will work out, despite the delay.

freezing_in_mn
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:55 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by freezing_in_mn » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:02 pm

I'll give them 10/10. Somewhat light on communications and I had to prod them a bit initially, but that's because they were so busy after that late-Feb influx of customers.

Applied Feb 27. Got first contact Feb 28 - email saying our credit reports were frozen. OOPS. Sorry. Unlocked the reports and asked them to re-pull. Ryan called me Saturday March 1. I ended up selecting a lower rate than I had originally applied for after discussing various rate/credit options -- chose to go with 2.5% and 15yr, with $1184 lender credit. Not quite enough lender credit to get no-cost, but could have had that with a 2.625 if I wanted. Got lock confirmation on March 3. Got email saying it had moved to "processing" on march 9. Got email saying payoff statement for old bank had been ordered March 13. Got email with final closing disclosure to be signed March 17. Closed today, March 19. Total resultant out of pocket (including prepaid interest on new loan from March 24 - April 1) of $1070.50. Conforming (not jumbo), no appraisal needed, LTV <70% and credit scores >800.

One interesting note -- the lender credit went down slightly (almost $200) when I asked him to waive the escrow. I could have just accepted the escrow and later asked the bank to waive it, but that would likely require 1-2 years of current payments plus a bunch of documentation to the bank. I chose to just forgo a bit of lender credit and do it now.
Last edited by freezing_in_mn on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Brantley
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Brantley » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:06 pm

I submitted an application and had my credit pulled prior to the website being shut down. I kept calling and luckily the CEO (Ryan) picked up the phone. My rate had not been previously locked, and they are not able to give me what the previous offer was ($0 cost 3.75% 30 yr). He told me to float it a few days and see if it comes back down to where it previously was or lower. We shall see.
~Brantley

dukeblue219
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by dukeblue219 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:59 am

I submitted an app on 3/3 when rates were at 2.875 on Lenderfi. I've had very little communication but did receive my preclosing disclosures Thursday the 19th. We're set to close on Monday or Tuesday.

We're going from 22 years left on a 3.625% and 506k to 30 years at 2.875%. Total closing costs (everything but escrow which we'd owe anyway) is -$7.55 (ie money coming to us) . No appraisal, no documentation other than W2. With the economy doing what it's doing I'm happy to have the lower minimum payment as an option, or we can pay it off faster like the old loan and save interest.

mega317
Posts: 3630
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:55 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by mega317 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:20 pm

I closed yesterday. 18 days from application to close. We had some trouble finding a notary after the stay home order but they got it done. I'm very pleased.
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6212

Novice2020
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 10:32 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Novice2020 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Somebody alluded to NY residences not being eligible for LenderFi refinancing. Can anyone shed some insight onto this? Looking to apply if/when they lift the hold on their website. Thank you in advance for any information!

seawolf21
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by seawolf21 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Novice2020 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 pm
Somebody alluded to NY residences not being eligible for LenderFi refinancing. Can anyone shed some insight onto this? Looking to apply if/when they lift the hold on their website. Thank you in advance for any information!
Not sure if they are licensed. Now even if they were, if you refinance you have to pay a mortgage tax to the state which varies by principal amount unless you can convince your current lender to modify the current loan to allow for a new lender to refi. Your current lender is not obligated to and some don’t so that you are forced to refi with current lender or pay the tax.

booboo1234
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by booboo1234 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 pm

locked a 15 year with lenderfi a couple of weeks ago. if i wanted to change the term to a 20 or 30 year, would they give me the rates at the time of my lock? or the current rates ?

cost.basis
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by cost.basis » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:30 am

LenderFi website appears overwhelmed. I want to refi a VA loan. I currently have it at 30 years 3.0% fixed. May I have some recommendations? Thank you all.

manatee2005
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by manatee2005 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:09 am

booboo1234 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:59 pm
locked a 15 year with lenderfi a couple of weeks ago. if i wanted to change the term to a 20 or 30 year, would they give me the rates at the time of my lock? or the current rates ?
At the time of lock. Other people have asked to change and they got a polite no.

Tribonian
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:33 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Tribonian » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:43 pm

Update, applied March 9, set to close tomorrow, March 26 so should be 17 days start to finish, during rush.

Nothing interesting in our credit history. Waived appraisal, >$2k credits, so nothing out of pocket, sending notary to our home. 15 yr. fixed at 2.5.

Hope to post final update tomorrow. They’ve been really easy to deal with.

jbell3124
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by jbell3124 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Closed with Lenderfi yesterday, 3/24. First initiated contact with them on 2/26. Smooth process throughout. 3% no cost refi on a 30-year. Would definitely use again based on this experience. Sent closing agent/notary to house.

User avatar
mister_sparkle
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by mister_sparkle » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Applied on 3/2 but they went radio silent due to the crush of applications.

Got an update on 3/23: "The Fed announced that it would start unlimited bond buying which should bring the rates back down. If we can wait a few days I would love to lock you in at the rate you applied."

So, here I am, waiting a few days and hoping for the best. :|

seawolf21
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:33 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by seawolf21 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

mister_sparkle wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm
Applied on 3/2 but they went radio silent due to the crush of applications.

Got an update on 3/23: "The Fed announced that it would start unlimited bond buying which should bring the rates back down. If we can wait a few days I would love to lock you in at the rate you applied."

So, here I am, waiting a few days and hoping for the best. :|
Rates do look a bit more reasonable today. Close to something from 4-6 weeks ago (3.25% year "no-cost" vs 4% a couple of days ago) but it should still be lower as the spread between mortgage rate and the 10 year treasury is still higher than historical.

rene
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by rene » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Just closed with LenderFi 15 Yr 2.5% (2.524 APR). Sent request 2/28. Communication was very sparse but on the other hand the whole process went extremely smooth. No appraisal needed. Uploading of the few docs needed was easy on their web portal. The notary came by today and we signed docs with notary waiting in the car. No thumb prints required due to current circumstances.

At some point LenderFi might want to invest in a more beefed up platform to prevent anxious customers but these are crazy and exceptional times. I am extremely pleased with them and would 100% recommend them.

Tribonian
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:33 am

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by Tribonian » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Just signed all the docs & received a confirmation e-mail. 17 days start to finish. This was the easiest closing we’ve had though AIMLoan was also very good.

dukeblue219
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: My LenderFi refinance is going well

Post by dukeblue219 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:34 am

This week we closed on our 2.875% 30 year with Lenderfi. We received $1300 back at closing (this improved from final estimate to closing docs) and the only thing rolled into the new loan was escrow, which we'd have to pay anyway. That's $510k loan with something like 70% LTV.

No appraisal, no bank statements to upload, and the closing was at our house (on the porch with our pens for social distancing). Something like 25 days start to finish. Highly recommend them once they're open again.

Post Reply