Vanguard International Core Stock Fund (VWICX/VZICX)

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
37K9euArPSjBBwT4c8Sa

Vanguard International Core Stock Fund (VWICX/VZICX)

Post by 37K9euArPSjBBwT4c8Sa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:48 am

Vanguard International Core Stock Fund - active fund managed by Wellington, launched in October 2019. Any of you willing to be test rabbits for this fund?

Might split my international VTIAX/VZICX and go for a ride.

Expense ratios:
International Core .45/.35
Total International .11
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer." ― Albert Camus

RobLIC

Re: Vanguard International Core Stock Fund (VWICX/VZICX)

Post by RobLIC » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am

I invested at $20 and got out at $21. Loved the idea of an active all-purpose foreign fund without a bazillion stocks, but compared it to VTIAX almost every day for 3 mos. and the percentage differences were too small to matter — and more often in VTIAX’s favor.

I’d still go back in, but not until that ER comes down.

theorist

Post by theorist » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

I have held this fund since shortly after it opened. It is about 20% of my international holding in my taxable account. The majority is in VTIAX (total international index), with bits in VEMAX (the emerging markets index fund) and a global growth tilted fund from T. Rowe Price (PRGSX).

tibbitts

Post by tibbitts » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:42 pm

I bought a while after it opened, just enough to get the .35%, which I assumed would come down (maybe not so much now.) I haven't tracked it. I was hoping to maybe get the extra expenses back plus maybe .2% annually. I didn't think they would take any truly big swings so it seemed like the downside vs. the index was limited.

GJ48

Post by GJ48 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:50 pm

37K9euArPSjBBwT4c8Sa wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:48 am
Vanguard International Core Stock Fund....Any of you willing to be test rabbits for this fund?
I went in for admiral shares on the day they were offered. It's been quite a ride. Up ~7% and down ~33%. It's a retirement account. My biggest temptation is to buy more but my asset allocation is fine so I'm staying with what I have.