Southwest Airlines Redem Rapid Rewards for Gift Cards

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
DTalos

Southwest Airlines Redem Rapid Rewards for Gift Cards

Post by DTalos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 pm

I noticed that redemptions of Rapid Rewards points for gift cards has been disabled for non-Chase card holders and then for Chase card holders, Amazon, Target and Walmart are no longer options. Is this an ominous sign? Should I redeem for whatever I can now or take a chance and wait for the aforementioned gift card options to come back in stock?

bob60014

Re: Southwest Airlines Redem Rapid Rewards for Gift Cards

Post by bob60014 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Unprecedented high volume. Some cards, especially high volume cards like these, go in and out of stock regularly. They maybe out of stock now due to people gobbling them up all of them, read hoarding or just trying to use the value of the points as they wont be flying anytime soon. At some point you'll probably see them back in the system.

Topic Author
DTalos

Re: Southwest Airlines Redem Rapid Rewards for Gift Cards

Post by DTalos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 pm

bob60014 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm
Unprecedented high volume. Some cards, especially high volume cards like these, go in and out of stock regularly. They maybe out of stock now due to people gobbling them up all of them, read hoarding or just trying to use the value of the points as they wont be flying anytime soon. At some point you'll probably see them back in the system.

That's why I asked in another thread that got closed yesterday because it wasn't of a personal consumer nature, but it is, if people expect Macy's or Staples to be in business in 2021, because I personally am able to redeem points for those gift cards.