Chase not paying $200 new account bonus

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
dhemming88

Chase not paying $200 new account bonus

Post by dhemming88 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Opened a new Chase Total Checking account to take advantage of a $200 bonus being offered for Grubhub drivers who withdraw their earnings to their new Chase checking.

I've met all the stipulations, today is the 10th business day, still no bonus. I called customer service today, on hold for 40 minutes. She tells me that I need to "talk to Grubhub." I call Grubhub, they say the promotion is still valid as long as it's posted on their website.

I've read elsewhere that Chase can give customers the run around when trying to get bonuses. Any thoughts, advice? Thanks.

I will update if/when I receive the bonus.

Last edited by dhemming88 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nate79

Re: Chase not paying $200 new account bonus

Post by Nate79 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 pm

I do not know about your particular bonus but I got bonuses paid without issue from Chase. I made sure to follow all of the fine print of the offer. You probably want to provide a link to the offer so that others may comment about the specifics such as when they promise to pay the bonus. But if it has only been a few days then I would keep waiting.

sailaway

Post by sailaway » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Today is the 10th business day including when you first made a transaction or after your first transaction cleared?

nalor511

Post by nalor511 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 pm

I don't bother with Chase/BoFA/Citi bonuses that involve a Checking-type account/deposit, not worth the effort due to things like this.

SteelCityMD

Post by SteelCityMD » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Chase has great customer service. You did it wrong though. Use their secured message service and wait 1-2 days for a response.

They match and help with all kinds of offers.

Spend 45 seconds typing your message, have some patience, and enjoy your day!

HomeStretch

Post by HomeStretch » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Have you checked the reddit thread about this offer (google “grub hub chase bonus”)? It might give you an idea of how long it took for others to receive their bonus. The offer says the bonus will be paid within 10 business days of the transfer. If today is the 10th business day, try waiting a day or two to see if it shows up.

Topic Author
dhemming88

Post by dhemming88 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:18 pm

sailaway wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:03 pm
Today is the 10th business day including when you first made a transaction or after your first transaction cleared?
The terms state you will receive the bonus within 10 business days after you make your first Grubhub cash out. My first cash out shows a date of March 10th, 2020. Although maybe they start the 10 business days a few days after the date the cash out actually is shown in your account.

Thanks for the tip about the secured message service. The phone hold times right now are insane because of COVID.

I have checked all the Reddit threads related to this specific offer. There are a few drivers who have confirmed receiving their bonus within the 10 business days, some within as little as 4 days. I have yet to see anyone post that they received their bonus after 10 business days. There are some who posted that they are still waiting for their bonus, although they have not replied to their posts so I can't be sure what ultimately happened to them.