Todays +10 percent gain from QE?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
valleyrock

Re: Todays +10 percent gain from QE?

Post by valleyrock » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:51 pm

Tigermoose wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm
fatFIRE wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:43 pm
watchnerd wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:41 pm
fatFIRE wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm
I'm actually kind of upset. Was hoping it to drop further to around 50% (from the peak), so I can rebalance and buy more stocks... we're going in the wrong direction!!!
Oh...do you think we're done?

I think this is just the intermission between Act I and Act II.
I hope so... I still have 2/3 of my cash reserve sitting on the sidelines. You never know, maybe an effective drug treatment will be found next week, and this will be the fastest recovery on record.
I predict more and more reports from Doctors in New York and other places about how the chloroquinine, zinc, and antibiotics treatment is drastically reducing deaths and the severity of COVID19.
Doctors in New York that own stock in those companies? Reports from doctors is not the same as epidemiological trials done with controls, etc. Be patient until these studies are done. Likewise, lots of groups are working on a vaccine, which might not take as long as in the past. Still, such treatments and vaccines must be proven safe and effective.

2020 ButClassic

Post by 2020 ButClassic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 am

I predict the actual stimulus approval will see the markets decline. Wall Street is backward.

The stimulus will eventually help the markets after a few days or weeks of volatility. But I believe damages, some of which is permanent, is already done. Oddly enough some companies will emerge stronger as the weaker ones disappear.

SlowlySaving

Post by SlowlySaving » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:31 am

LOL! Same!
fatFIRE wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm
I'm actually kind of upset. Was hoping it to drop further to around 50% (from the peak), so I can rebalance and buy more stocks... we're going in the wrong direction!!!