Preferred currency: USD
International Lifestyle: I don't anticipate changing tax residence status prior to retirement.
Emergency Fund: Yes (12 months). I have a paid apartment, and my child's education funds set aside, basic life insurance and good health insurance.
Age: 35 - 40
Current retirement assets: None aside from maybe the value of my business if I were to sell.
Intend to follow the Three-fund Portfolio as close as possible. Not sure on exact allocation, but I am thinking along the lines of:
- 56% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX) non-US alternative
- 14% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund (VTIAX) non-US alternative
- 30% Vanguard Total Bond Market Fund (VBTLX) non-US alternative
1. I need to avoid US-domiciled funds due to the associated tax issues. Which are the preferred non-US domiciled ETFs recommended as alternatives for the above listed funds? I am going with Interactive Brokers. Are these still recommended?
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Simple_ ... cumulating
2. I feel like the stock market is overpriced currently - is now really a good time to start? Should I wait?
3. Is my bond allocation reasonable for my age, especially given current interest rates?
4. What can I safely do with my child's education funds until needed (around USD 300k)?
Looking forward to getting started!