Can you stack Sapphire Banking and You Invest bonuses?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
aiyuanuc

Can you stack Sapphire Banking and You Invest bonuses?

Post by aiyuanuc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:07 pm

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you can stack up the $1000 Sapphire Banking bonus with the You Invest bonus.

But my reading of the fine print "You can only participate in one Chase Private Client Checking, Chase Sapphire Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period" indicates that you can't.

The reason why I want to combine the two is that the Sapphire Banking pays virtually 0 interest. Now here are the questions:

1. Can you stack them?

2. If you can't, and if you open both, which one disqualifies the other?

Looking for people with actual experiences to comment. Thanks.

arf30

Re: Can you stack Sapphire Banking and You Invest bonuses?

Post by arf30 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 pm

You can't stack them, Chase will disqualify you from one or both and/or claw back the bonus later on. What you can do is sign you and your spouse up to each get a bonus separately.

Topic Author
aiyuanuc

Post by aiyuanuc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:16 pm

Is this speaking from personal experience? How do they decide on which one to disqualify you from?
arf30 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 pm
You can't stack them, Chase will disqualify you from one or both and/or claw back the bonus later on. What you can do is sign you and your spouse up to each get a bonus separately.

arf30

Post by arf30 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 pm

I've had experience with other Chase banking bonuses, in one case they didn't award the bonus, in another case they pulled it back later on.