eyeglasses delayed - coronavirus

Questions on how we spend our money and our time - consumer goods and services, home and vehicle, leisure and recreational activities
Topic Author
vtMaps

eyeglasses delayed - coronavirus

Post by vtMaps » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am

Just got an email from eyebuydirect.com saying that my eyeglass order would be delayed because of coronavirus. I am not too pleased that they have charged my credit card... I prefer companies that charge the card only when they ship the product.

Are all the online discount eyeglasses made in China? Can anyone recommend an online eyeglass source that is not delayed by the coronavirus?

--vtMaps
Historical Fact: Justin Smith Morrill represented Vermont in congress, had a dog named 'Trump', and wrote legislation establishing the Land Grant Colleges.

BogleFanGal

Re: eyeglasses delayed - coronavirus

Post by BogleFanGal » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:13 am

vtMaps wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am
Just got an email from eyebuydirect.com saying that my eyeglass order would be delayed because of coronavirus. I am not too pleased that they have charged my credit card... I prefer companies that charge the card only when they ship the product.

Are all the online discount eyeglasses made in China? Can anyone recommend an online eyeglass source that is not delayed by the coronavirus?

--vtMaps
not as cheap, but warby parker? I thought I remember reading their labs are inhouse
"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen." Mark Twain

Shackleton

Post by Shackleton » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:32 am

Co-worker just yesterday was telling me her glasses from Zenni were delayed due to the coronavirus causing plant shutdowns in China.
“Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results.” ~Ernest Shackleton

ResearchMed

Post by ResearchMed » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 am

vtMaps wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am

--vtMaps
About the charge.... ask the company to remove the charge until they can send the glasses.
If they refuse to cooperate, then open a dispute with the charge company. At this point, you don't have any assurance of when the glasses will be ready, or even IF they will be.

RM
This signature is a placebo. You are in the control group.

quantAndHold

Post by quantAndHold » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 am

Get a refund and go to Costco?
Yes, I’m really that pedantic.

robphoto

Post by robphoto » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:28 am

My Zenni glasses seemed to take a little longer than usual, but they're due tomorrow via FedEx.

ray.james

Post by ray.james » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:09 pm

I have found costco to be the next best ones.
When in doubt, http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79939