Estate Planning Books?

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
Topic Author
Rudy

Estate Planning Books?

Post by Rudy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi everyone,

First post but I've been lurking on this site for quite a while. I plan on updating my will this year and would like to read up on estate planning to educate myself before meeting with a lawyer. Can anyone recommend a good Estate Planning book?

Thanks in advance.
Rudy

CAsage

Re: Estate Planning Books?

Post by CAsage » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Nolo Press. They might even have copies at your local library or you can buy them online. For example, "Plan your Estate". Also books on wills and trusts and how to do probate etc etc.
Salvia Clevelandii "Winifred Gilman" my favorite. YMMV; not a professional advisor.

GerryL

Post by GerryL » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:57 am

CAsage wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:01 pm
Nolo Press. They might even have copies at your local library or you can buy them online. For example, "Plan your Estate". Also books on wills and trusts and how to do probate etc etc.
This is the one I've been perusing as I work out estate plans. On second renewal from library. Had initial consultation with lawyer late last year and am trying to outline my ideas before returning. My situation is complicated because I am a solo ager with a family history of Alzheimer's. The book has been useful for its simple explanations of the vocabulary and concepts.

Conch55

Post by Conch55 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:22 am

My local library has this one:

The Executor's Guide: Settling a Loved One's Estate Or Trust by Mary Randolph

I have checked it out a couple of times.