Fidelity free Turbotax

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
wrongfunds

Re: Fidelity Free Turbotax 2019

Post by wrongfunds » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:33 pm

NavyIC3 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:10 pm
hmw wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 pm
I have private client status at Fidelity. Just checked today. No free TT. Just $20 off.

Anyone else who is a private client and not getting this free TT offer?

Same here. Private client no link. Was getting it for the last few years but not this year. I called Fido. Gave me a vague answer. Told me maybe Thursday link will appear.
What is the criterion for having PCG status link? How much in regular brokerage account and how much in IRA and how much is 401K etc?

Church Lady

Post by Church Lady » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 pm

I see the link on my Summary page. I have Active Trader status, and my 401K is at Fidelity. It seems to me this is the earliest I have ever seen this.

I'd like to download it, but I will transition to my new win10 laptop as soon as I get Best Buy to install webroot/geek squad. I'd rather not log onto a sensitive account before my laptop is secured.

Does anyone know if I am allowed to download to two different laptops?

Thanks...
He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Church Lady wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 pm
Yes. They have to allow you to reinstall the purchased software when you replace your old computer.

In fact, I purchased a new PC to replace the one with outdated operating system. And I was able to download the current year and five prior years’ TT to my new PC. After all, I cannot access TT using the old Windows operating system anymore.

Leif

Post by Leif » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:45 pm

seawolf21 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 pm
I see the offer on the main page. Not active trader but private client group.
Also PCG, but I don't see it.

bholden

Post by bholden » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Church Lady wrote:
I see the link on my Summary page. I have Active Trader status, and my 401K is at Fidelity. It seems to me this is the earliest I have ever seen this.

I'd like to download it, but I will transition to my new win10 laptop as soon as I get Best Buy to install webroot/geek squad. I'd rather not log onto a sensitive account before my laptop is secured.

Thanks...
Technically, you’re allowed to download this version of the software to 5 unique machines, but to be safe I would limit it to 5 downloads (i.e. bears, bulls, and pigs).

Section B 2.

“Authentication is limited to five (5) activations per license.”

https://turbotax.intuit.com/corp/license/desktop.jsp

sailaway

Post by sailaway » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 pm

RickBoglehead wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 pm
sailaway wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:58 am
zymurgist wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:55 am
I am not seeing the Fidelity offer on my account page, but I don't recall receiving it in the past either.

Target's current TT prices differ from Amazon's by a few cents, plus they're offering a $5 gift card with a purchase. In my case, an additional 5% discount for paying with a Red Card was enough additional gravy on top to entice me to just buy it and be done with it. The gift card will not go to waste with as much as my family shops at Target.
Costco is the same as Amazon, but with our executive membership, we will get an additional 2% back.
Make sure to spend that 80 cents wisely! :P
It was a poor choice: I am not seeing how to actually download! I have confirmed that I chose e-delivery, but not seeing a link in the email or anything :(

This was still on my open tabs when the email finally arrived. I EXPECT INSTANTANEOUS DOWNLOADS WITH MY RECEIPTS!!

danielrhall

Post by danielrhall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 pm

abner kravitz wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:27 pm
SurfCityBill wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Well, I guess I know where I stand with Fidelity. I have a current 401k, a former 401k, and an HSA with them and all I get is a link offering me $20 off TT. :annoyed
Unfortunately, you sometimes don't get credit for 401Ks as Fidelity is often just the "recordkeeper" and those assets are officially not under their shield. I know this is the case for my 401K.
I seemingly don't get credit for my 401k either, even though Fidelity is not just the custodian of the account but was also my employer and sponsor of the 401k.

MarkerFM

Post by MarkerFM » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:52 am

Another update:

Late yesterday, I checked my wife's account using Chrome and was able to get it downloaded with no issues.

This morning, I noticed the offer was back on my account, but it still didn't work after trying twice using Firefox.

Not going to test it anymore since I have a working copy.

Still evidence Fidelity is botching the rollout of this.

is50xenough

Post by is50xenough » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:23 am

Tried downloading couple days ago when I saw first mention on Bogleheads. First couple tries with Safari said page not right. About 3rd or 4th try got through and all fine. Not sure this is Fidelity issue, might be Turbotax issue. Might be Fidelity rolls out over several days so TT servers not overwhelmed.Just a thought....

NavyIC3

Post by NavyIC3 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 am

PCG here. Been getting TT for years. I dropped my PCG rep a year ago because I wasn't satisfied with him and was never assigned another on. Just got off the phone with Fido. I was told that since I didn't have a rep I wasn't entitled to the free TT. I never get the same answer when I speak to Fidelity about this.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:16 am

It is interesting to know that “no rep, no free TT” is their new policy. :oops:

Leif

Post by Leif » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 pm

NavyIC3 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 am
PCG here. Been getting TT for years. I dropped my PCG rep a year ago because I wasn't satisfied with him and was never assigned another on. Just got off the phone with Fido. I was told that since I didn't have a rep I wasn't entitled to the free TT. I never get the same answer when I speak to Fidelity about this.
Perhaps that explains my case. I did not ask for my rep to be dropped, but I don't see a name anymore. The PCG drop down only has their 800 number.

2pedals

Post by 2pedals » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:45 pm

I was told nothing and got the free TT link, no PCG rep, never (since 1984) had free TT but amounts under Fido were growing.

hmw

Post by hmw » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Leif wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 pm
NavyIC3 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 am
Perhaps that explains my case. I did not ask for my rep to be dropped, but I don't see a name anymore. The PCG drop down only has their 800 number.
I have gotten free TT from Fido in the past. Nothing so far this year. I have never had a rep.

soyscooter

Post by soyscooter » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm

FWIW... I asked Fidelity PC Group rep today regarding qualifications needed to get a free copy of TT. $1M in taxable accounts or 120+trades per year in a taxable account. These were all that were mentioned.

LiveSimple

Post by LiveSimple » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Fidelity Premium Services, with an assigned rep. But do not have $1 M in taxable or 120 trades per year :happy
Last edited by LiveSimple on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheRealJohnDoe

Post by TheRealJohnDoe » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 pm

soyscooter wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm
FWIW... I asked Fidelity PC Group rep today regarding qualifications needed to get a free copy of TT. $1M in taxable accounts or 120+trades per year in a taxable account. These were all that were mentioned.
It wasn't worth much. I think they just make things up since they don't know or don't want to tell.

I get TT every year including this one. I have a single penny in taxable accounts at Fidelity.

seawolf21

Post by seawolf21 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 am

LiveSimple wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 pm
Fidelity Premium Services, with an assigned rep. But do not have $1 M in taxable or 120 trades per year :happy
IME, Doesn't need to be taxable. Just need a million combined excluding 401k.

LiveSimple

Post by LiveSimple » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:54 am

seawolf21 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 am
LiveSimple wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:59 pm
IME, Doesn't need to be taxable. Just need a million combined excluding 401k.
Sure, makes sense

dave.m

Post by dave.m » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:57 am

I am seeing $20 off.
Do I need to call someone to get a free version? or are people here just using the version which originally costs less than $20 and thus, it is now free?

Is anyone familiar with the free trial? It says I can do it for free and not pay until I actually file the taxes. Must i use a CC first or am I only asked for that information right before I file?

I have never done taxes myself and plan to still use my CPA this year, but want to use my own software this year also to see if we arrive at the same numbers. If we match, then next year I plan to buy my own software to do taxes myself. would this free trial be a perfect plan for me since I don't plan to file with the software for 2019 taxes anyway?

blastoff

Post by blastoff » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:55 pm

soyscooter wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:32 pm
Meet that criteria.
No rep.
No TT.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm

HereToLearn wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:15 am
RickBoglehead wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 am
seawolf21 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 am
HereToLearn wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 am
I see the offer for free Premier on my Summary page; thank you!

I purchased the CD version from Costco before year end, but I need to file in two states on behalf of my son. Does anyone know if I can download the free Premier via the Fidelity link and use the second state from the online version? I am guessing that I cannot cross between the CD version and the online?

Or maybe I can? I assume the online version will be able to pull his prior year's return from my computer, but will I be able to use the purchased CD version together with the free download so as to file his two states together?
If you are trying to file two state for the same taxpayer, you will likely need purchase the license for the 2nd state within the same product (CD vs. online). The tax file containing the state information will only prompt you to purchase the additional state; it won't enable the state for free.
No, you cannot combine an online version and a CD/download version to file one return in two states. You need to have both states in the same software (online or download) to allow it to distribute things correctly.
Thank you seawolf & RichBoglehead. That is what I was afraid of. I do need to file two state returns for the same person, due to partial year living in two different states. His tax situation is so simple that it is frustrating to pay the additional $40. Thanks again!
This is going to be a YMMV and someone will need to verify it, but I recall that multiple states were free with the online version using the Fidelity free Premier offer. If you click on the state pricing for online once you've come in thru the Fidelity link, and click on "State additional" (for Premier) it shows "Price per state $40 (crossed out) $0* " (and that would include both the software and e-filing fee since they are a single price in the online version).

With the download/CD version, only one state is free.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:17 pm

dave.m wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:57 am
I am seeing $20 off.
Do I need to call someone to get a free version? or are people here just using the version which originally costs less than $20 and thus, it is now free?

Is anyone familiar with the free trial? It says I can do it for free and not pay until I actually file the taxes. Must i use a CC first or am I only asked for that information right before I file?
Everyone gets the $20 offer. Even people who get it free get that offer. It's on a different page entirely, unless things have changed recently.

The free offer is at the bottom of the Accounts & Trade -> Portfolio page.

The discount offer is on Accounts & Trade -> Tax Forms & Information (https://www.fidelity.com/tax-information/overview)

To answer your other question, if you don't get it free, you only pay when you file (for the online version).

HereToLearn

Post by HereToLearn » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm
HereToLearn wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:15 am
RickBoglehead wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:08 am
seawolf21 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:26 am
HereToLearn wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:14 am
I see the offer for free Premier on my Summary page; thank you!

I purchased the CD version from Costco before year end, but I need to file in two states on behalf of my son. Does anyone know if I can download the free Premier via the Fidelity link and use the second state from the online version? I am guessing that I cannot cross between the CD version and the online?

Or maybe I can? I assume the online version will be able to pull his prior year's return from my computer, but will I be able to use the purchased CD version together with the free download so as to file his two states together?
If you are trying to file two state for the same taxpayer, you will likely need purchase the license for the 2nd state within the same product (CD vs. online). The tax file containing the state information will only prompt you to purchase the additional state; it won't enable the state for free.
No, you cannot combine an online version and a CD/download version to file one return in two states. You need to have both states in the same software (online or download) to allow it to distribute things correctly.
Thank you seawolf & RichBoglehead. That is what I was afraid of. I do need to file two state returns for the same person, due to partial year living in two different states. His tax situation is so simple that it is frustrating to pay the additional $40. Thanks again!
This is going to be a YMMV and someone will need to verify it, but I recall that multiple states were free with the online version using the Fidelity free Premier offer. If you click on the state pricing for online once you've come in thru the Fidelity link, and click on "State additional" (for Premier) it shows "Price per state $40 (crossed out) $0* " (and that would include both the software and e-filing fee since they are a single price in the online version).

THANK YOU!

I will try it, especially as my son is the only one requiring two states and his taxes are simple.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am

HereToLearn wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm
MisterBill wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:11 pm
his is going to be a YMMV and someone will need to verify it, but I recall that multiple states were free with the online version using the Fidelity free Premier offer. If you click on the state pricing for online once you've come in thru the Fidelity link, and click on "State additional" (for Premier) it shows "Price per state $40 (crossed out) $0* " (and that would include both the software and e-filing fee since they are a single price in the online version).

THANK YOU!

I will try it, especially as my son is the only one requiring two states and his taxes are simple.
Happy to help! Be sure to post here if it works. I had set my daughter up with the free online TT the last couple of years and she works in one state but lives in another and I'm pretty sure she did not have to pay anything to file. When she used the desktop version, she had to buy the second state, but then decided to use online because her work PC would not allow her to install something needed for TT desktop.

Update -- I'm fairly sure that multiple states are free when using the online version. I started a dummy return and after telling it I lived in two states in 2019, it showed me the following:

Based on the information in your federal return, it looks like you’ll need to file more than one state tax return. Don’t worry, we’ll walk you step by step through your state returns and get you every tax break you deserve. It’s only $40 (crossed out) $0 per state and e-filing is free!

Scotttheking

Re: Fidelity free Turbotax

Post by Scotttheking » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Link there, but as others noted it's a bad link. I'm guessing it'll be fixed soon.

Mtmp8888

Post by Mtmp8888 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 pm

don't see free link - all i have "Get up to $20 off, courtesy of Fidelity" link...
is this free link based that amount you have in Fido?

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:53 pm

Scotttheking wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
Link there, but as others noted it's a bad link. I'm guessing it'll be fixed soon.
Did you try clicking on it a second time or using a different browser? The link has been working fine for several days.

Also, this is last year's thread.
Last edited by MisterBill on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 pm

Mtmp8888 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 pm
don't see free link - all i have "Get up to $20 off, courtesy of Fidelity" link...
is this free link based that amount you have in Fido?
Yes, it is.

And this is last year's thread. The current one is here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=294389

Leif

Post by Leif » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:01 pm

PCG here. Still no link on the website, no assigned local advisor.

I called Fidelity. They told me to call back in Feb. since they don't have enough info. regarding the offer. Of course that is a brush off.

So I asked about no assigned rep. They told me they will assign me a local rep and that the rep will call me in the next day or two. I was also told the rep should be able to take care of the TurboTax issue.

I already bought it at Costco so now I just need to see if they will reimburse.
Last edited by Leif on Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm

Leif wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:01 pm
I already bought it at Costco so now I just need to see if they will reimburse. They have in the past with just a call.
Intuit has a refund policy for Turbotax.

And this is last year's thread!

RickBoglehead

Post by RickBoglehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Hours invested by Fidelity customers on Bogleheads.org trying to get free TurboTax software from Fidelity - 14,217 hours

Cost of TurboTax if purchased from Amazon on December 28th - $29.98.

Enjoyment value of watching this thread grow to over 400 posts - PRICELESS :twisted:
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm

RickBoglehead wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm
Hours invested by Fidelity customers on Bogleheads.org trying to get free TurboTax software from Fidelity - 14,217 hours

Enjoyment value of watching this thread grow to over 400 posts - PRICELESS :twisted:
Because it's from 2019??????

RickBoglehead

Post by RickBoglehead » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm
RickBoglehead wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Because it's from 2019??????
Got me!
Avid user of forums on variety of interests-financial, home brewing, F-150, PHEV, home repair, etc. Enjoy learning & passing on knowledge. It's PRINCIPAL, not PRINCIPLE. I ADVISE you to seek ADVICE.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:34 pm

I merged LiveSimple's 2019 thread into the on-going discussion (since 2016).
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Leif

Post by Leif » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm
Leif wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:01 pm
I already bought it at Costco so now I just need to see if they will reimburse. They have in the past with just a call.
Intuit has a refund policy for Turbotax.

And this is last year's thread!
$60 is no big deal, but Fidelity is nice to take care of this. But I do sense they are a bit more careful now. They want a copy of the receipt. Before they never bothered. If I don't get it I still think Fidelity is great.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Leif wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm
$60 is no big deal, but Fidelity is nice to take care of this. But I do sense they are a bit more careful now. They want a copy of the receipt. Before they never bothered. If I don't get it I still think Fidelity is great.
The $60 may get reported as 1099 income. I'd just do the refund if it's not that difficult. Of course, you'd probably need to pay postage to send back the product..

Leif

Post by Leif » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:10 pm
Leif wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm
The $60 may get reported as 1099 income. I'd just do the refund if it's not that difficult. Of course, you'd probably need to pay postage to send back the product..
I'll take the tax hit on $60 (if I get it). Too much trouble otherwise, IMO. I've not opened the package yet, so if they give me a link instead I could probably return it to Costco for the refund.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Leif wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 pm
I'll take the tax hit on $60 (if I get it). Too much trouble otherwise, IMO. I've not opened the package yet, so if they give me a link instead I could probably return it to Costco for the refund.
I thought you'd opened it. Definitely just return it to Costco if you get the download link from Fidelity.

NavyIC3

Post by NavyIC3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:46 am

Free Turbotax finally appeared on my summary page today.

wrongfunds

Post by wrongfunds » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:15 am

nothing so far; I login and then just do ctrl/f (search) for "turbo" and no hit

NavyIC3

Post by NavyIC3 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am

wrongfunds wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:15 am
Couldn't get the free version with Chrome. Had to use MS Edge.

HueyLD

Post by HueyLD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:00 pm

NavyIC3 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 am
wrongfunds wrote:
Couldn't get the free version with Chrome. Had to use MS Edge.
The download did not work on MS Edge. I had to use FireFox to do the download. Go figure!

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:21 pm

HueyLD wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:48 pm
Church Lady wrote:
Yes. They have to allow you to reinstall the purchased software when you replace your old computer.

In fact, I purchased a new PC to replace the one with outdated operating system. And I was able to download the current year and five prior years’ TT to my new PC. After all, I cannot access TT using the old Windows operating system anymore.
That's not actually correct. It will warn you each time you try to run it on Windows 7, but it will run. I was surprised since they had said it would require Windows 10 but it actually is not a firm requirement.

Also, you probably could have upgraded to Windows 7 on your old machine unless it was too old. I just learned this week that the upgrade is actually still free.

Also, the install code is good for up to 5 installs.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:34 pm

wrongfunds wrote:
Are you looking on the correct page? If you are on the summary page and have it, it will be at the bottom of the page. No need to search for it.

wrongfunds

Post by wrongfunds » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:52 pm

MisterBill wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:34 pm
wrongfunds wrote:
Are you looking on the correct page? If you are on the summary page and have it, it will be at the bottom of the page. No need to search for it.
Isn't that the page where it shows all of my millions and millions of dollars I have with Fidility in big bold blinking font? (Just kidding about the millions and millions part) I am using Firefox with ad blocker. Is ad blocker blocking the offer by any chance? The reason I started doing search to make sure I was not missing the offer which might be at the end of the page and in very small font.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm

wrongfunds wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:52 pm
Isn't that the page where it shows all of my millions and millions of dollars I have with Fidility in big bold blinking font? (Just kidding about the millions and millions part) I am using Firefox with ad blocker. Is ad blocker blocking the offer by any chance? The reason I started doing search to make sure I was not missing the offer which might be at the end of the page and in very small font.
It is on the Summary page (Accounts & Trade -> Portfolio). It is not in a small font and there is a copy of the Turbotax logo. It is not hidden.

Does it say Private Client Group on your page? I saw that you asked about it earlier. The general criteria is $1m in assets and it cannot all be in a 401k. you need at least some in retail accounts.

wrongfunds

Post by wrongfunds » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Unfortunately, says "premier" but I should qualify for PCG status but when I asked, they said it is by "invitation only" and of their person has to "offer" that status to me. Funny thing is I keep on getting calls from the local office and I finally dangled the carrot and told him we can talk about setting up a meeting once he gets me the free TT.

He called back after a week excited to offer me 20% discount on the TT; I said no dice :-)

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:49 pm

wrongfunds wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:32 pm
Unfortunately, says "premier" but I should qualify for PCG status but when I asked, they said it is by "invitation only" and of their person has to "offer" that status to me. Funny thing is I keep on getting calls from the local office and I finally dangled the carrot and told him we can talk about setting up a meeting once he gets me the free TT.

He called back after a week excited to offer me 20% discount on the TT; I said no dice :-)
Well, I doubt you're going to see this offer until you manage to become Private Client or Active Trader. If you have the assets to be a private client I don't see how it would be by "invitation". If you don't have the $1m to qualify but are close, then I guess it could be negotiable. I think you should resolve that before wasting more time looking for the offer that is unlikely to show up. If you qualify for PCG, then one of the reps should be happy to add you to their roster of clients. Perhaps making it seem like you're interested in being a PC for something other than free Turbotax would help.

MisterBill

Post by MisterBill » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Not sure if this has been posted recently but you can upgrade from Premier to Home & Business from within the program for only $10. Also I just got an offer on several of my Chase cards for $5 back on any Turbotax purchase. There doesn't seem to be any minimum purchase requirement so in theory the upgrade should qualify if the merchant for the upgrade is normal Turbotax.