H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Non-investing personal finance issues including insurance, credit, real estate, taxes, employment and legal issues such as trusts and wills
livesoft
Posts: 68660
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by livesoft » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 am

One only needs to "activate" when one wants to E-file.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

chestnut
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by chestnut » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:19 am

livesoft wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 am
One only needs to "activate" when one wants to E-file.
Thank you! I didn't know that and it solves my problem.

Saving$
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Saving$ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 am

MisterMister wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:26 pm
Saving$ wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:10 pm
For those who did the NewEgg deal, do you download it from the real H&R Block website?
I purchased from Walmart a few years ago and the download link went to a third party site that looked sketchy to me, so I refused to download it.
Purchasing from Amazon, my recollection is I downloaded either from H&R Block or Amazon...
The newegg downlink link appears to download directly from newegg.

If you are concerned, you can check the digital signature on the downloaded file properties. Google how to do that if not sure or message me.
Thanks. Got the deal. With work on the download, etc after the holiday.

mggray17
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:09 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by mggray17 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:36 am

MisterMister wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:26 pm
Saving$ wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:10 pm
For those who did the NewEgg deal, do you download it from the real H&R Block website?
I purchased from Walmart a few years ago and the download link went to a third party site that looked sketchy to me, so I refused to download it.
Purchasing from Amazon, my recollection is I downloaded either from H&R Block or Amazon...
The newegg downlink link appears to download directly from newegg.

If you are concerned, you can check the digital signature on the downloaded file properties. Google how to do that if not sure or message me.
FYI - my download from Newegg is by HRB Digital LLC.

User avatar
dodecahedron
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by dodecahedron » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Using the advance version of 2019 Block software for year-end tax planning needs to be done with caution.

I installed the Block Deluxe software on my Mac last night and discovered that it is not yet enforcing the 30% MAGI limit on charitable donations of appreciated securities (with the excess carried forward for use in future years.) Fortunately I knew enough to adjust my data entry to simulate enforcement of the rule.

I did not detect any other errors that apply to my situation (but there may well be others.)

nalor511
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by nalor511 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:21 pm

chestnut wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 am
Can I still install and activate the software again on a second computer later?

Info:
We purchased from NewEgg yesterday the windows downloadable version of Fed Deluxe + State. If we download, install and activate the software now, can we later do the same again on a different computer? My computer is very old and having issues. We may have to get a new computer in the next few months. Not sure when - hoping for it to last till summer. But if I have to get a new computer before April tax filing, can I download, install and activate the software again on the new computer?

thanks!
I've installed the windows version on 2 PCs with the same activation code, no problem. I keep the installer file though,I don't trust I'll be able to download it again from someone else, when I need it.

jebmke
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by jebmke » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:26 pm

dodecahedron wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:19 pm
Using the advance version of 2019 Block software for year-end tax planning needs to be done with caution.

I installed the Block Deluxe software on my Mac last night and discovered that it is not yet enforcing the 30% MAGI limit on charitable donations of appreciated securities (with the excess carried forward for use in future years.) Fortunately I knew enough to adjust my data entry to simulate enforcement of the rule.

I did not detect any other errors that apply to my situation (but there may well be others.)
I seem to recall that one of these thresholds (not sure if it was this one) has always been a manual intervention (had to go to the form and do a selection from a drop down and select 30% charity). I didn't itemize last year so my last recollection would have been tax year 2017. This was on the Windows version.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

User avatar
dodecahedron
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by dodecahedron » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm

jebmke wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:26 pm
dodecahedron wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:19 pm
Using the advance version of 2019 Block software for year-end tax planning needs to be done with caution.

I installed the Block Deluxe software on my Mac last night and discovered that it is not yet enforcing the 30% MAGI limit on charitable donations of appreciated securities (with the excess carried forward for use in future years.) Fortunately I knew enough to adjust my data entry to simulate enforcement of the rule.

I did not detect any other errors that apply to my situation (but there may well be others.)
I seem to recall that one of these thresholds (not sure if it was this one) has always been a manual intervention (had to go to the form and do a selection from a drop down and select 30% charity). I didn't itemize last year so my last recollection would have been tax year 2017. This was on the Windows version.
It was not a manual intervention on the 2018 version of the software. I contributed more than 30% of AGI in appreciated securities last year and the final version of 2018 Block Deluxe automatically computed the correct limited amount that I was able to deduct in 2018 and the carryover figure of excess deductions to be carried forward to 2019.

When I installed the preliminary 2019 version of the software on my computer last night, the carryforward figure from my 2018 return was automatically brought forward and entered into the proper place on my 2019 return, but then when I entered my donations in 2019, it did not enforce the limit nor compute the carryforward to go on my 2020 return. I assume that later versions of the 2019 software will eventually get this right just as it did in 2018.

Edited to add: note that the charity involved was not a 30% charity in my case. It was the type of asset being donated (appreciated securities) that created the 30% limit.)

jebmke
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by jebmke » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm

dodecahedron wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Edited to add: note that the charity involved was not a 30% charity in my case. It was the type of asset being donated (appreciated securities) that created the 30% limit.)
That may be the difference. Mine would have been to a DAF which is a 30% charity, I think.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

User avatar
dodecahedron
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by dodecahedron » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:31 pm

jebmke wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:23 pm
dodecahedron wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Edited to add: note that the charity involved was not a 30% charity in my case. It was the type of asset being donated (appreciated securities) that created the 30% limit.)
That may be the difference. Mine would have been to a DAF which is a 30% charity, I think.
Nope, DAFs were 50% charities for cash donations in 2017. (DAFs and, more generally, all public charities are now technically 60% charities for cash donations.)

Private foundations, by contrast, were and remain 30% charities but DAFs have never been in that category with them. (The one thing you do need to remember about DAFs is that QCDs can´t go to them, but that is a totally separate issue.)

My donations of appreciated securities actually went to my DAF in 2018 and 2019. (Actually also in 2017 also.) The only reason the deduction for those donations was subject to 30% of AGI ceiling was the nature of the gift (appreciated assets), not the nature of the donee.

jebmke
Posts: 9866
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:44 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by jebmke » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:59 pm

I never use cash for a DAF; So it would be a 30/50. I know I had to manually adjust something on the form. Can't recall - I do over 200 returns a year so by the end of tax season I am lucky I can remember my own name.

Yes, on the QCDs - that is a drawback as is the lack of anonymous donations (as far as I know). But QCDs are really the best way to move a moderate amount of money to charity. Not old enough yet so still running all charity out out of the fund.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.

User avatar
Kevin M
Posts: 11252
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:24 pm
Contact:

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Kevin M » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:38 pm

nalor511 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:21 pm
chestnut wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 am
Can I still install and activate the software again on a second computer later?
<snip>
I've installed the windows version on 2 PCs with the same activation code, no problem. I keep the installer file though,I don't trust I'll be able to download it again from someone else, when I need it.
Thanks for verifying that. I was going to try it when a new all-in-one desktop PC I ordered arrives in about a week. I've already installed and activated it on my laptop, which is what I've been using in recent years. I have been looking forward to doing taxes on the new PC.

Based on previous posts, my workaround was going to be to install, but not activate, on the desktop PC, do all the work on the desktop, then copy the HRB tax files to the laptop PC to e-file and print. Based on your input it appears I won't have to do this.

Kevin
Wiki ||.......|| Suggested format for Asking Portfolio Questions (edit original post)

tenkuky
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by tenkuky » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:42 pm

So far, Amazon and Walmart have not matched the Newegg offer of $19.99 that was shared on the board for Black Friday.
Wonder if they will tomorrow, or was that as low as it was going to go?
I sprung for the Newegg offer, but haven't loaded it yet.
Like Kevin, ordered my desktop and will wait for it to come to do so.

User avatar
ScooterBob
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by ScooterBob » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 am

Disc version on Amazon this morning for $22.49. Only a few bucks more than last year.

Bob

User avatar
dodecahedron
Posts: 4822
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by dodecahedron » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:42 am

ScooterBob wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 am
Disc version on Amazon this morning for $22.49. Only a few bucks more than last year.

Bob
Download versions for PC/Mac are also $22.49 on Amazon this morning. So Cyber Monday wound up being a couple bucks below Black Friday price.

Interesting to note that there are several complaints (and low star ratings) on the Amazon site from folks who had trouble downloading and installing the software to their Macs. I had no problems whatsoever downloading and installing from Amazon to my Macbook (which is five years old, by the way.) Not sure why others have had different experiences.

Anyway, I had time on Saturday night to do a pro forma estimate of my 2019 taxes in Block Deluxe, so it was worth it for me to have spent a couple extra bucks to get the product a few days earlier. (My actual price wound up being $21.97, three dollars off the $24.97 advertised last week thanks to Prime credits of various sorts. But I assume if I had bought today at $22.49, my net price would have been $19.49 thanks to the same credits.)

Almost there
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: Arizona USA

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Almost there » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:03 am

Yes I received my CamelCamelCamel notification this morning and will order the disc.

lazydavid
Posts: 2592
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by lazydavid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:19 am

RetiredAL wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:55 pm
Per their website only a CD install will allow on another computer. They said this would not work for a download copy. However, storing the install on a USB may plausibly enable a 2nd install if you have the activation data available.
This is definitely incorrect. I install it on 2 or 3 of my computers every year, and share with my Dad as well.

Lloydo
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:51 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Lloydo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:12 am

[/quote]
...I have been looking forward to doing taxes on the new PC.

Based on previous posts, my workaround was going to be to install, but not activate, on the desktop PC, do all the work on the desktop, then copy the HRB tax files to the laptop PC to e-file and print. Based on your input it appears I won't have to do this.

Kevin
[/quote]

And I’m looking forward to a root canal today... :happy

wxl31
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:52 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by wxl31 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 am

Amazon with some decent deals today:

Basic - $14.99
Deluxe (no state) - $17.49
Deluxe (+1 state) - $22.49
Premium (+1 state) - $32.49

If you have an Amazon credit card and select the CD version (does not work on the download version), you'll get an additional 20% off the price.

If you have Amazon no-rush credits, you can use those on the download version (does not work on the CD version).

Don't forget to use the Bogleheads Amazon link to support this site.

User avatar
sk2101
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by sk2101 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am

Premium & Business $39.99 on Amazon today. That's a solid deal for those who need it.

User avatar
tfb
Posts: 8156
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:46 pm
Contact:

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by tfb » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am

sk2101 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am
Premium & Business $39.99 on Amazon today. That's a solid deal for those who need it.
This edition does S-Corp and partnership returns (1120-S and 1065) in addition to personal returns. With TurboTax you have to buy both regular TurboTax and TurboTax Business. TurboTax Business itself sells for $119.99.
Harry Sit, taking a break from the forums.

User avatar
plannerman
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by plannerman » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:20 pm

tfb wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:48 am
sk2101 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am
Premium & Business $39.99 on Amazon today. That's a solid deal for those who need it.
This edition does S-Corp and partnership returns (1120-S and 1065) in addition to personal returns. With TurboTax you have to buy both regular TurboTax and TurboTax Business. TurboTax Business itself sells for $119.99.
Also does 1041s for estates and trusts for those with a need.

plannerman

Seasonal
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Seasonal » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm

It appears there is some confusion between whether it's physically possible to install the program on many computers and whether installing the program on many computers would violate the program's license agreement.

There's also the question of whether it's physically possible to use the program to do multiple e-filings.

TXJeff
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by TXJeff » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Question:
I am out of the US on vacation through early January, and it looks like I can’t buy the downloadable H&R Block while outside the US. But I need to model this year’s late-December Roth conversion and stay under ACA limits. If my only 2019 income is dividends and interest, would the 2018 version of Block give me accurate info for this year? I have 2018 already installed on my laptop.

harikaried
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by harikaried » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:21 pm

wxl31 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 am
Premium (+1 state) - $32.49
For reference, last year we got Premium (with 5% amazon refund bonus) for $32.50 on November 23rd (Black Friday). So this is quite similar. We went with Deluxe this year for $14.97 as our tax situation hasn't changed much and there's less uncertainty with the tax changes from the previous year, so we'll be able to at least compare with last year's filing to see if Deluxe missed anything.

HEDGEFUNDIE
Posts: 3666
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by HEDGEFUNDIE » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Seasonal wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm
It appears there is some confusion between whether it's physically possible to install the program on many computers and whether installing the program on many computers would violate the program's license agreement.

There's also the question of whether it's physically possible to use the program to do multiple e-filings.
The very first line in the product listing states "Five free federal e-files and unlimited federal preparation and printing"

nalor511
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:00 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by nalor511 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm

TXJeff wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:34 pm
Question:
I am out of the US on vacation through early January, and it looks like I can’t buy the downloadable H&R Block while outside the US. But I need to model this year’s late-December Roth conversion and stay under ACA limits. If my only 2019 income is dividends and interest, would the 2018 version of Block give me accurate info for this year? I have 2018 already installed on my laptop.
Use a VPN to buy the download version from apparently within the US. I wouldn't trust last year's software for roth modeling, personally, but chances are it'll be close... but since you can no longer change your mind when you file taxes, like you used to be able to do, it's a stiff penalty for getting wrong.

Almost there
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: Arizona USA

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Almost there » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 pm

TX Jeff: why don’t you buy the disc version which is on sale today and have it send to your home?

harmony
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:35 am

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by harmony » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm

I used dinkytown.net 1040 Tax Calculator for modeling the size of my late 2019 Roth IRA conversion. The dinkytown caluclator was updated last year with the 2017-2018 tax law changes. This year it appears to be ready for 2019 1040 calculations. I wanted to get my Roth IRA paperwork started before Cyber Monday. The fund company wants Roth conversions started well before the first week of December. They said Roth IRA conversion activity picks up already in October. I like that dinkytown is always there, easily accessible on my preferred equipment. I didn't pick it apart to make sure they were using updated tax tables though. I did get Amazon’s H&R Block Deluxe + State on today’s Cyber Monday sale, but I am glad I don’t need to rush to install it right now.

MisterMister
Posts: 262
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by MisterMister » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:48 am

Seasonal wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm
It appears there is some confusion between whether it's physically possible to install the program on many computers and whether installing the program on many computers would violate the program's license agreement.

There's also the question of whether it's physically possible to use the program to do multiple e-filings.
If you want to be precise, here's what applies for 2018 version. Haven't found 2019 license but assume it's the same:

Multiple filings, yes (immediate family members only). Multiple computers, no.

https://www.hrblock.com/pdf/HRBlock-Sof ... eement.pdf

lazydavid
Posts: 2592
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by lazydavid » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

Seasonal wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm
It appears there is some confusion between whether it's physically possible to install the program on many computers and whether installing the program on many computers would violate the program's license agreement.

There's also the question of whether it's physically possible to use the program to do multiple e-filings.
Installing it on multiple computers does technically violate the boilerplate license agreement. That said, the software allows online activation on multiple computers without limitation. This is something that would be incredibly easy to restrict, but H&R Block has chosen not to. This implies that the "one computer" clause in the license agreement is merely to provide backing against actual piracy (one or even zero licenses used by many unrelated parties) rather than individual licensed users who simply wish to work on their taxes from multiple locations.

On your second point, there is no question whatsoever. The software allows unlimited e-filings, the first five of which are heavily advertised as being free. I use exactly 3 of my 5 free e-files every year, so I have no idea whether they would actually charge for the 6th one, nor do I care. But at a minimum you could do 5 for free and then X (where X is any positive integer) more for $19.95 each or whatever their charge is.

TXJeff
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by TXJeff » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

harmony wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm
I used dinkytown.net 1040 Tax Calculator for modeling the size of my late 2019 Roth IRA conversion. The dinkytown caluclator was updated last year with the 2017-2018 tax law changes. This year it appears to be ready for 2019 1040 calculations. I wanted to get my Roth IRA paperwork started before Cyber Monday. The fund company wants Roth conversions started well before the first week of December. They said Roth IRA conversion activity picks up already in October. I like that dinkytown is always there, easily accessible on my preferred equipment. I didn't pick it apart to make sure they were using updated tax tables though. I did get Amazon’s H&R Block Deluxe + State on today’s Cyber Monday sale, but I am glad I don’t need to rush to install it right now.
Harmony--thanks. Great solution!

Almost there wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:13 pm
TX Jeff: why don’t you buy the disc version which is on sale today and have it send to your home?
Because I'm out of the country until after Dec 31--and I need to model the Roth conversions before then.

mindgap
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by mindgap » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm

tfb wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 pm
mindgap wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:10 pm
Anybody knows a good deal for the H&R Block Tax Software Premium 2019 version?
If you buy the Deluxe + State version and you realize you need the Premium version, which you might not, the Deluxe program itself will offer you the opportunity to upgrade to Premium for $10 or $15.
Upgrade from Deluxe to Premium in the software is another $20. So i will pay $40 compared to the lowest price on Amazon yesterday with $32 for the Premium version. Bummer. Next year I wait until Cyber Monday.

nguy44
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by nguy44 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:50 pm

mindgap wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 pm
tfb wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:17 pm
mindgap wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:10 pm
Anybody knows a good deal for the H&R Block Tax Software Premium 2019 version?
If you buy the Deluxe + State version and you realize you need the Premium version, which you might not, the Deluxe program itself will offer you the opportunity to upgrade to Premium for $10 or $15.
Upgrade from Deluxe to Premium in the software is another $20. So i will pay $40 compared to the lowest price on Amazon yesterday with $32 for the Premium version. Bummer. Next year I wait until Cyber Monday.
If you have signed up for their emails, Newegg.com advertises the H&R Block Premium + Business for $34.99 (with promo code sent in their daily email).

Yesterday I was able to get H&R Premium only for $27.49, but it does not look like they carried that deal over.

michaeljc70
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by michaeljc70 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:31 pm

I bought the H&R Block Deluxe with state for $23 on Amazon. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention and ordered a physical disc instead of a download. Now I have to try to find an old computer with a DVD drive. :oops:

mervinj7
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by mervinj7 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:00 pm

michaeljc70 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:31 pm
I bought the H&R Block Deluxe with state for $23 on Amazon. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention and ordered a physical disc instead of a download. Now I have to try to find an old computer with a DVD drive. :oops:
The other issue with physical disks is that they get lost. I've had to do amended returns a couple of times and it was great to redownload from Amazon when needed even years later.

Almost there
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: Arizona USA

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by Almost there » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:07 pm

I have always used discs and have kept them all and they are also on my computer. Has never really been a problem.

Almost there

mervinj7
Posts: 1161
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: H&R BLOCK Pre-Order 2019 Software Offer

Post by mervinj7 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:12 pm

Almost there wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:07 pm
I have always used discs and have kept them all and they are also on my computer. Has never really been a problem.

Almost there
For us, the issue had been during moves and computer updates.

Post Reply