I just had the home inspection and the inspector found some things. Not sure how major or minor these issues are (as this is my first house purchase). The inspector told me there was nothing major. My agent said everything looked good, too (but he has financial incentive to close). I'll be asking my lawyer for his advice as well.
Issues from inspection:
- Bay window on the first floor has settled and doesn't seal properly
- In the garage, the main beam has been cut to run the automatic door tack through (which compromises structural integrity). Metal support under the main beam has rotted and needs replacing.
- Poor drainage in the backyard. Needs to be re-graded.
- Mortar is loose at sections of the retaining wall along the driveway.
- Water heater nearing the end of life and will need to be replaced within 3 years.
- Rear door leading to backyard needs adjustment to close properly.
- No Flashing added to the deck. Needs to be added.
Anything I should demand fixing before I move in? Should I negotiate a lower price?