U.S. stocks in free fall

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
User avatar
willthrill81
Posts: 13422
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by willthrill81 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 am

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Is this the point of reversal? Today was a down day and futures are down for tomorrow.... Amazon and Microsoft earnings will be the ones to watch.
If tomorrow is anything like the past few months, futures being down means that stocks will be up tomorrow.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien,The Lord of the Rings

stocknoob4111
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by stocknoob4111 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 am

MotoTrojan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 am

Back up the truck!
I will.. around SPX 2600 if we ever get there.. not anywhere at these prices

User avatar
firebirdparts
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by firebirdparts » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am

MotoTrojan wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 am

Back up the truck!
Futures are down 0.1% this morning. Buy the dips?
A fool and your money are soon partners

H-Town
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by H-Town » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 am

firebirdparts wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am
MotoTrojan wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 am

Back up the truck!
Futures are down 0.1% this morning. Buy the dips?
Save your ammo. :D

User avatar
Stinky
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am
Location: Sweet Home Alabama

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Stinky » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am

willthrill81 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 am
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Is this the point of reversal? Today was a down day and futures are down for tomorrow.... Amazon and Microsoft earnings will be the ones to watch.
If tomorrow is anything like the past few months, futures being down means that stocks will be up tomorrow.
Your prediction came true. Stocks are narrowly up this morning.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

User avatar
J G Bankerton
Posts: 1429
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by J G Bankerton » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:54 am

firebirdparts wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am
MotoTrojan wrote: ↑Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 am

Back up the truck!
Futures are down 0.1% this morning. Buy the dips?
All the dips happened in the first three days of the month. VTI's knife fell from 150 to 145. 145 is up 4.9%. :greedy

MotoTrojan
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by MotoTrojan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 am

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 am
MotoTrojan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 am

Back up the truck!
I will.. around SPX 2600 if we ever get there.. not anywhere at these prices
Why 2600?

User avatar
willthrill81
Posts: 13422
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:17 pm
Location: USA

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by willthrill81 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

Stinky wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am
willthrill81 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 am
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Is this the point of reversal? Today was a down day and futures are down for tomorrow.... Amazon and Microsoft earnings will be the ones to watch.
If tomorrow is anything like the past few months, futures being down means that stocks will be up tomorrow.
Your prediction came true. Stocks are narrowly up this morning.
Be sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter. Each installment is only $49.95! :D
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” J.R.R. Tolkien,The Lord of the Rings

StandingRock
Posts: 323
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by StandingRock » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 am

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 am
MotoTrojan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 am

Back up the truck!
I will.. around SPX 2600 if we ever get there.. not anywhere at these prices
Do you even invest?

stocknoob4111
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by stocknoob4111 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:37 pm

StandingRock wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 am
Do you even invest?
Yes, I invest regularly

EddyB
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by EddyB » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 pm
Is this the point of reversal? Today was a down day and futures are down for tomorrow.... Amazon and Microsoft earnings will be the ones to watch.
No. Sorry I didn't post the answer last night.

finite_difference
Posts: 1453
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by finite_difference » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:14 am
MotoTrojan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:19 am

Back up the truck!
I will.. around SPX 2600 if we ever get there.. not anywhere at these prices
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. - Thich Nhat Hanh

stocknoob4111
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by stocknoob4111 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm

finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.

MotoTrojan
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:58 pm

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Holy market timing.

User avatar
Bluce
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Bluce » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:22 pm

MotoTrojan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:58 pm
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Holy market timing.
Ha!

Broken Man 1999
Posts: 3297
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:31 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Have you taken a peek at your bond holdings value?

Yield is only one consideration. All my bond holdings have had very nice appreciation, as the interest rates have fallen. I would imagine if you sold your bonds you would have a very nice gain.

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bluce
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Bluce » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Have you taken a peek at your bond holdings value?

Yield is only one consideration. All my bond holdings have had very nice appreciation, as the interest rates have fallen. I would imagine if you sold your bonds you would have a very nice gain.

Broken Man 1999
Yes, bonds have done great this year. :moneybag

MotoTrojan
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by MotoTrojan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:03 pm

Bluce wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Have you taken a peek at your bond holdings value?

Yield is only one consideration. All my bond holdings have had very nice appreciation, as the interest rates have fallen. I would imagine if you sold your bonds you would have a very nice gain.

Broken Man 1999
Yes, bonds have done great this year. :moneybag
Yields have certainly been in freefall too :moneybag :greedy .

aqan
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:07 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by aqan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm

MotoTrojan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:58 pm
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Holy market timing.
Opportunistic rebalancing.

fennewaldaj
Posts: 784
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by fennewaldaj » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:41 am

Bluce wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Broken Man 1999 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm
stocknoob4111 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 pm
finite_difference wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:52 pm
How long will you sit on the sidelines for a measly 10% that may never come?
not on the sidelines at all, I have a 84/16 portfolio but will go more aggressive to a 95/5 if I get an opportunity. If the opportunity does not come then I am fine with my current asset allocation.

I am looking to get out of bonds as well since I think the lower limit for yields is around 1% and at our current rates bonds are losing money, and additionally bonds are yielding even lower than the dividend yield of the S&P 500 now.
Have you taken a peek at your bond holdings value?

Yield is only one consideration. All my bond holdings have had very nice appreciation, as the interest rates have fallen. I would imagine if you sold your bonds you would have a very nice gain.

Broken Man 1999
Yes, bonds have done great this year. :moneybag
I for one am kinda disgusted by bonds "doing well" this year. Yields are gross.

User avatar
Bluce
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Bluce » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 am

fennewaldaj wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:41 am
I for one am kinda disgusted by bonds "doing well" this year. Yields are gross.
I use the term "bonds doing well" as a reference to price.

Although I could live on currents yields, I'm not taking any income yet so everything gets re-invested. :dollar

CoastalWinds
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by CoastalWinds » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am

Stocks are incredibly resilient right now. Really hoping for a pullback.

User avatar
Ricchan
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:26 am
Location: Firestone D Floor

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Ricchan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 am

Bluce wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 am
fennewaldaj wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:41 am
I for one am kinda disgusted by bonds "doing well" this year. Yields are gross.
I use the term "bonds doing well" as a reference to price.

Although I could live on currents yields, I'm not taking any income yet so everything gets re-invested. :dollar
Indeed, if you compare BND with VTI from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019, BND has a CAGR of 9.01% vs VTI's 2.87%.
(I'd use Oct as the bookend month, but that data for 2019 isn't available yet on PV.)

nydoc
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by nydoc » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am

Scrambling for money to invest, can’t find any.

ImmigrantSaver
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:24 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by ImmigrantSaver » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:54 am

nydoc wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am
Scrambling for money to invest, can’t find any.
Rebalance from your bonds if need to? I suspect it's too soon to rebalance for anyone :wink:

LiterallyIronic
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:36 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by LiterallyIronic » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 am

Stocks falling as October gives way to November? Who could've predicted this?
LiterallyIronic wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 pm
Of course it dropped today. It's the first of the month. Just like it always does, seemingly. Want to know why? Because I check my net worth on the first of every month and, of course, it's always going to be a down day so I don't get to put as good of numbers in my spreadsheet.

October 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
September 1 (technically August 30, the last trading day before I checked the balance): Dow Jones down 75 points
August 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
July 1: Dow Jones down 100 points
June 1 (technically May 31): Dow Jones down 200 points
May 1: Dow Jones down 200 points
April 1: Dow Jones up 200 points

Gotta go back seven months.
Obviously I'm not doing anything about it, but I expect tomorrow to be no better.

User avatar
Bluce
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Bluce » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Ricchan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:28 am
Bluce wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 am
fennewaldaj wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:41 am
I for one am kinda disgusted by bonds "doing well" this year. Yields are gross.
I use the term "bonds doing well" as a reference to price.

Although I could live on currents yields, I'm not taking any income yet so everything gets re-invested. :dollar
Indeed, if you compare BND with VTI from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019, BND has a CAGR of 9.01% vs VTI's 2.87%.
(I'd use Oct as the bookend month, but that data for 2019 isn't available yet on PV.)
:sharebeer

LiterallyIronic
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:36 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by LiterallyIronic » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:49 am

LiterallyIronic wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 am
Stocks falling as October gives way to November? Who could've predicted this?
LiterallyIronic wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 pm
Of course it dropped today. It's the first of the month. Just like it always does, seemingly. Want to know why? Because I check my net worth on the first of every month and, of course, it's always going to be a down day so I don't get to put as good of numbers in my spreadsheet.

October 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
September 1 (technically August 30, the last trading day before I checked the balance): Dow Jones down 75 points
August 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
July 1: Dow Jones down 100 points
June 1 (technically May 31): Dow Jones down 200 points
May 1: Dow Jones down 200 points
April 1: Dow Jones up 200 points

Gotta go back seven months.
Obviously I'm not doing anything about it, but I expect tomorrow to be no better.
Looks like I was wrong. And that is why you don't try to time the market.

User avatar
305pelusa
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:20 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by 305pelusa » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:03 pm

LiterallyIronic wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:49 am
LiterallyIronic wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:18 am
Stocks falling as October gives way to November? Who could've predicted this?
LiterallyIronic wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 pm
Of course it dropped today. It's the first of the month. Just like it always does, seemingly. Want to know why? Because I check my net worth on the first of every month and, of course, it's always going to be a down day so I don't get to put as good of numbers in my spreadsheet.

October 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
September 1 (technically August 30, the last trading day before I checked the balance): Dow Jones down 75 points
August 1: Dow Jones down 300 points
July 1: Dow Jones down 100 points
June 1 (technically May 31): Dow Jones down 200 points
May 1: Dow Jones down 200 points
April 1: Dow Jones up 200 points

Gotta go back seven months.
Obviously I'm not doing anything about it, but I expect tomorrow to be no better.
Looks like I was wrong. And that is why you don't try to time the market.
Humans are fantastic at finding patterns where there are none.

User avatar
LadyGeek
Site Admin
Posts: 57365
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by LadyGeek » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:25 pm

I removed an off-topic post and several replies related to the bond market. The discussion was getting derailed.

Please stay on-topic, which is about the stock market.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

User avatar
CyclingDuo
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:07 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by CyclingDuo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:08 am

DanMahowny wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:33 pm
AAPL provided a preview to what's coming throughout 2019.

Reduced guidance, missed earnings, disappointment will be order of the day.
:D
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." ~ Steven Wright

MotoTrojan
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:50 am

CyclingDuo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:08 am
DanMahowny wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:33 pm
AAPL provided a preview to what's coming throughout 2019.

Reduced guidance, missed earnings, disappointment will be order of the day.
:D
Aged like milk.

Lee_WSP
Posts: 1142
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Lee_WSP » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am

Eh. The perma bears will be right one day. Just not today.
Last edited by Lee_WSP on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
corn18
Posts: 1521
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 6:24 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by corn18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 am

Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bulls will be right one day. Just not today.
I've never met a permabull. Are they related to the snipe?
Don't do something, just stand there!

User avatar
Portfolio7
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:53 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Portfolio7 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:24 am

corn18 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 am
Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bulls will be right one day. Just not today.
I've never met a permabull. Are they related to the snipe?
If I were hunting Perma-Bulls I'd start by tracking Ken Fisher; the dude's been 100% equities since the late 1990's if I recall right. He's easier to track now, one just needs to follow the trail of apologies.


Actually, Perma-Bulls are feeling pretty good today. Especially w/r/t Apple, up 1.25% this morning.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest" - Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
Bluce
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 pm
Location: Finger Lakes, NYS

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Bluce » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 am

Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bulls will be right one day. Just not today.
Did you mean Perma-Bears? :confused

Lee_WSP
Posts: 1142
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Lee_WSP » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:38 am

Bluce wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:28 am
Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bulls will be right one day. Just not today.
Did you mean Perma-Bears? :confused
I did. :oops:

User avatar
Stinky
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am
Location: Sweet Home Alabama

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by Stinky » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:56 am

Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bears will be right one day. Just not today.
Even a stopped clock is right twice per day.
It's a GREAT day to be alive - Travis Tritt

stocknoob4111
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by stocknoob4111 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Small Caps have again failed to break out of the 2 year range, hopefully one of these years... the S&P 600 has been bouncing around 900-990 since Jan 2018

User avatar
CyclingDuo
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:07 am

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by CyclingDuo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:41 pm

corn18 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 am
Lee_WSP wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Eh. The perma bulls will be right one day. Just not today.
I've never met a permabull. Are they related to the snipe?
He's right here:

https://jlcollinsnh.com/2012/04/19/stoc ... s-goes-up/
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." ~ Steven Wright

MotoTrojan
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: U.S. stocks in free fall

Post by MotoTrojan » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:32 pm

stocknoob4111 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 pm
Small Caps have again failed to break out of the 2 year range, hopefully one of these years... the S&P 600 has been bouncing around 900-990 since Jan 2018
Loading up on them myself (and reducing CRSP small exposure).

Post Reply